ESP/ABS/electronic parking brake/ headlight/ and intermittent indicator

Brian Critchley

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2010 Audi A6 2.0 TDI Le mans, diesel saloon.

When test driving it the dealer said the cracked rear right light cluster will be replaced...so I didn't concern myself with the dash board rear brake light warning light.

It was replaced but the dealer had to arrange an auto spark to do some wiring as the wiring and connectors where corroded...that got done....then only half of the LED brake light worked when breaking....so a new light cluster ordered and fitted....no more brake light fault on dash......3 days later heavy rain....this created a rear right indicator fault which is intermittent....and the clear indicator lense of the new light cluster was heavily misted....then a couple of days after that again driving in rain the dash board lit up with ESP/ABS/headlight and parking brake warnings. The parking brake did not work at all.....it cleared itself the next day and all warning signs gone....cool....then a few days later ( no rain) all the warning signs came on again and unlike 1st time it cleared itself, this time it hasn't.

My next step is get it to a different auto spark to investigate, the 1st auto spark just used PVC tape everywhere for what he did, not heat shrinking.

Has anyone had this problem before? And how did it get sorted?

Sounds like water is getting either to a module or shorting via the rear lense, did you find the issue.

Reactions: audiwaterpump