ESP Fault 08 1.4 Sport TSI

DC1984

Reaction score
Hi All,

Picked myself up a little project car to tinker with whilst I learn - been searching through the forum and unable to find the info I need exactly... so hoping for a pointer.

Picked up a non-runner and after charging the battery the engine attempts to turn but then gives up, my first instinct is Timing chain, plugged in the diag tool I have but no errors come up, so either dodgy diag tool or, the guy who sold it me said he drove it to a location and it was fine then went to leave it wouldn't turn over. The ESP light is also on the dash too.

I have a video of me trying to turn it over a couple of times that I can try to attach if that helps. It's the ESP I'm looking for a bit of guidance on!

Thanks

Hi what fault codes are stored in the abs unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC1984
Nothing but not sure if it's an issue with the reader. Have another one arriving.

No worries pop a post up once you’ve got the fault stored and it’ll be easier to help. Though I’m not sure but I think there was a recall for the abs units. Not the old school G201 fault I’m sure there was another one around 2017 (ish) might be worth calling your local dealer with the reg and get them to check on the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

thanks for the initial responses;

the ABS unit throws up the fault;
Error 00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30

Any pointers greatly appreciated... thanks again

Hello all,

thanks for the initial responses;

the ABS unit throws up the fault;
Error 00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30

Any pointers greatly appreciated... thanks again
Check the constant 12V power feed to the abs, there is usually 2 high current ones, one for the pump and one for the valves.

You could simply have a blown fuse or a brake fluid eaten wire.