ESP light on

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys and gals as you know or should do ive had a few very annoying few weeks with my brakes they are still not right anyway the garage has bled them again the pedal is alot better now but still not like it was before they were "fixed" and now while driving home yesturday they frigging tracion control light came on i plugged in the hand held scanner we have in work and its saying " brake pressure switch faulty" now could this be teh reason why the brake pedal is so shockingly bad at the mo also does anyone know how much they are to buy from TPS or audi cheers fran

Last edited:
If its above the brake pedal then about £11.

isnt that the brake light switch nige or is it the same thing as a little while ago i had the EPC light come on and it said brake light switch faulty but it hasnt come back on since are they the same switch that you know of matey

Show us a proper scan so we can determine this further, as the abs G201 sensor issue isnt a switch, its actually a sensor for detecting pressure, hence why I would 1st point you towards the brake switch, but speculative based on a handheld scanner reading :)

Show us a proper scan so we can determine this further, as the abs G201 sensor issue isnt a switch, its actually a sensor for detecting pressure, hence why I would 1st point you towards the brake switch, but speculative based on a handheld scanner reading :)
Spot on let's have the actual VAG DTC from VCDS or similar for an accurate diagnosis.

The pressure sensor is a fairly common issue in the ABS pump fitted to the A3 and similar platforms - my mate that is a mechanic has seen a few. They have used BBA to fix in the past, who actually install an external pressure sensor and wire to replace the one built into the ABS ECU board. Makes the pipework a bit messy - but is a lot cheaper than replacement of the whole ABS.

Paul

cheers both im going to take my car into my mates garage this week so he can do a proper scan on it , i know using a handheld one is a bit naff but it gives me an idea to when to look for i suppose i'll post the results when its done , just thought i would add also a while back the brake light switch was throwing on the epc light im hoping its linked to this problem fingers crossed

Best of luck - I hope that it is as simple as the brake light switch.

Paul

I'm guessing its not the switch or your brake lights wouldnt work. The brake switch can be also checked with VCDS too.

Out of interest, are ABS units interchangabe over the years or are the connectors different etc? I know there are FWD & Quattro types over and above the extra features like TPMS, Hill hold etc

I'm guessing its not the switch or your brake lights wouldnt work. The brake switch can be also checked with VCDS too.
the brake light switch had a fault a few weeks back but stopped for some reason im hoping and praying its the switch not the expensive bit lol

yeah maybe i'll get it scanned first and go from there i think my thought is the abs unit needs to be purged because of the system bleeding