esp warning light on

epox

Reaction score
hi team, im getting the esp warning light coming on(triangle withcircular arrow around it). this comes on some times. goes off and stays off when ignition is switched of.
no fault codes on vcds.

any ideas

thanks

mark

yes full scan, abs works fine when the light is on, just strange why the light clears when the ignition is turned of and on, ran the basic test on the abs and all ok.

i have changed the rear calipers the other week and blead them, dont know if this could have caused an issue?
mark

Does it come on and stay on? if it does its telling you that the system has a fault somewhere and its disabled ESP... common reason for this is a faulty MAF... could also be bad comms on the haldex and ABS sensor issues..

Normally throws a code though...

<tuffty/>

tuffty!!

what can i say apart from ure the man

just took for a quick spin and rescanned and guess what?? there is a maf fault code flung up now.........why would this cause a fault with esp??

time for a new maf did a log at the weekend andg/s looked odd.. posted on site but no reply.

yes the light comes on and stays on untilni stop and restart the engine the its off for a long time
thanks man

tuffty!!

what can i say apart from ure the man

just took for a quick spin and rescanned and guess what?? there is a maf fault code flung up now.........why would this cause a fault with esp??

time for a new maf did a log at the weekend andg/s looked odd.. posted on site but no reply.

yes the light comes on and stays on untilni stop and restart the engine the its off for a long time
thanks man

ESP controls power to the wheels through load... the MAF is essentially what the ECU uses to see 'load' as its to do with volume of air entering the engine... if the ECU is blind to airflow it cannot control load by closing the throttle plate (you don't control the throttle plate, the ecu does...)... if the MAF is not working then the ECU will disable ESP...

<tuffty/>

will do... best place to buy? eurocarparts?

thanks again
mark

ECP, GSF or TPS/Dealer... just make sure its a Bosch one...

<tuffty/>