Facelift Esso synergy supreme+

ANoor85

Reaction score
I normally only use v power or momentum but I was wondering people's opinion esso's 99 octane synergy supreme+. I've got a garage round the corner from me. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I normally only use v power or momentum but I was wondering people's opinion esso's 99 octane synergy supreme+. I've got a garage round the corner from me. Thanks.

I can’t see what opinion someone’s going to have on this unless you’re chasing numbers on a dyno and someone has compared them all.

I use it as it’s my local station. I’d rather use that than momentum given that esso are a brand of exxonmobil, so an actual oil company. Beyond that it’s petrol and works fine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t see what opinion someone’s going to have on this unless you’re chasing numbers on a dyno and someone has compared them all.

I use it as it’s my local station. I’d rather use that than momentum given that esso are a brand of exxonmobil, so an actual oil company. Beyond that it’s petrol and works fine lol

Not really got much experience with it all, hence the question. If its 6 n half a dozen for all 99s that's cool.

Only thing i can see from the blurb is it has NO ethanol content in it, and has more detergent molecules in it.

The lack of ethanol allegedly means more power and better MPG or something, though how anyone is going to tell that in the real world I am unsure.

I put a tankful in my GTR and it felt a bit peppier - perhaps...

I’ve ran it since they bumped it up to 99 across 3 different cars and haven’t had an issue. I’ve put the odd tank of v power and momentum in and can’t say I’ve noticed a difference.

Yeah don't think I'll be able to tell a difference in performance tbh. Momentum just seems to be slightly cheaper than the other 2.

I've stated using it due to the price of V Power near me now being £149.9 a litre.
Synergy is the same price as v power for me 1.49 per litre! Momentum being the cheapest around 1.30

Synergy is the same price as v power for me 1.49 per litre! Momentum being the cheapest around 1.30

...........Synergy is a few pence cheaper. Sadly closest Tesco station is 20 miles away.

The esso 99 made my car run bad. Tried it about a month ago when I was going to get my Revo stage 1 map tweeked the bloke mapping it wasn't happy with how it was running so he told me I needed to run a tank of v power through it and take it back, I ran a tank through took it back and all was good. I've since gone Revo stage 2 and had it mapped on v power and although it's supposed to be 99 octane I was told it was pulling the timing out on the 99 octane map and it ran best on the 98 octane map. And a few day's ago I had my map looked at again after reading claims that MRC tended to get better results on tesco 99. And lo and behold using tesco 99 the car is now running 99 octane map with no issues at all. I can still use v power I just have to switch the map with the sps to the 98 octane map.

Reactions: ANoor85
The esso 99 made my car run bad. Tried it about a month ago when I was going to get my Revo stage 1 map tweeked the bloke mapping it wasn't happy with how it was running so he told me I needed to run a tank of v power through it and take it back, I ran a tank through took it back and all was good. I've since gone Revo stage 2 and had it mapped on v power and although it's supposed to be 99 octane I was told it was pulling the timing out on the 99 octane map and it ran best on the 98 octane map. And a few day's ago I had my map looked at again after reading claims that MRC tended to get better results on tesco 99. And lo and behold using tesco 99 the car is now running 99 octane map with no issues at all. I can still use v power I just have to switch the map with the sps to the 98 octane map.

I ran Revo Stage 1 on esso with zero issues. I have to say it was never on the dyno to log but in terms of how the car drove, no issues.

I’m interested to know though… having your revo map tweaked. I wasn’t aware this was a thing, they’re just off the shelf as far as I was aware. Secondly, no 99 Ron map exists as far as I was aware… for facelift DAZA at least?

Reactions: deepy
I've also recently had a Revo Stage 1 remap and had to run a tank of V Power before hand as Tesco 99 was pulling the timing. I've yet to use Esso 99, but I guess these 99 fuels have their off day. Didn't realise that Revo did a 99ron map, your SPS should normally switch between 97/98/100 and 102ron.

Reactions: 8YARWY
You will never get 100% clean timing on our 99ron selection, it won't be far off but always a little bit every now and then and that is fairly normal. Factory software for many cars will pull timing sometimes as there is many factors that go into it not just the fuel.

I’ve logged the Factory file and that pulls a little timing now and again under certain conditions (when it’s warming up being one).

The same happens on my custom DS1 file too, it’s no biggie I’ve been told as it’s -1.5 -3.0 and nothing more.

Running on E30 blend I rarely see any timing pull and the engine really performs better.

Just for clarity, dealers do not tweek Revo maps, they can only switch fuel RON modes.

DAZA doesn't have a 99ron mode for Stg1 , it has 95,97,98 and 100ron. Fuel mode options for Stg2 are 95, 97, 98, 99 and 102 RON.
DNWA has a 95, 97 and 99ron mode for Stg1 and 95, 97, 98, 99 and 102 Ron for Stg2

Timing pull is fine if only a few degree's and all dealers should check this on a post flash roadtest.

Reactions: Riko0073 and deepy
Just for clarity, dealers do not tweek Revo maps, they can only switch fuel RON modes.

DAZA doesn't have a 99ron mode for Stg1 , it has 95,97,98 and 100ron. Fuel mode options for Stg2 are 95, 97, 98, 99 and 102 RON.
DNWA has a 95, 97 and 99ron mode for Stg1 and 95, 97, 98, 99 and 102 Ron for Stg2

Timing pull is fine if only a few degree's and all dealers should check this on a post flash roadtest.
Thanks for the clarification Dan, it helps when you work for Revo. However, the Revo website doesn't reflect on your take of the performance modes, for DAZA stage1 when I click on 'Revo SPS' it automatically displays 4 fuel modes of 97,98,100 and 102ron with no mention of 95 or even 99ron for stage2, so can you chose which fuel modes you want when using the SPS or are they pre set ?

Reactions: Dan_DJT
Thanks for the clarification Dan, it helps when you work for Revo. However, the Revo website doesn't reflect on your take of the performance modes, for DAZA stage1 when I click on 'Revo SPS' it automatically displays 4 fuel modes of 97,98,100 and 102ron with no mention of 95 or even 99ron for stage2, so can you chose which fuel modes you want when using the SPS or are they pre set ?
Good spot, looks like the website needs revising, I will get on it.

For DAZA Stg1 there are 4 set modes of 95,97,98,100. For Stg2 there is a choice depending on what file is flashed, it can be either 95,97,99,102 or 95,98,99,102

Website now fixed :)

Last edited:
I ran Revo Stage 1 on esso with zero issues. I have to say it was never on the dyno to log but in terms of how the car drove, no issues.

I’m interested to know though… having your revo map tweaked. I wasn’t aware this was a thing, they’re just off the shelf as far as I was aware. Secondly, no 99 Ron map exists as far as I was aware… for facelift DAZA at least?

99 map is for stage 2 DAZA it's on their website, if you've got an sps you can switch between 4 maps. What I meant by tweaked was have their newer stage 1 software flashed I had their first stage 1 software initially which didn't have the wastegate rattle fix or optional overrun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan_DJT
You will never get 100% clean timing on our 99ron selection, it won't be far off but always a little bit every now and then and that is fairly normal. Factory software for many cars will pull timing sometimes as there is many factors that go into it not just the fuel.
It was out -5.0 on the stage 2 99 map on v power that's why I went back and had it looked at again on tesco 99 which I was told after the data log all was good on the 99 map.

It was out by five on the stage 2 99 map with v power.

It was out -5.0 on the stage 2 99 map on v power that's why I went back and had it looked at again on tesco 99 which I was told after the data log all was good on the 99 map.

-5 ouch hopefully just a crappy batch

It was out by five on the stage 2 99 map with v power.
What hardware setup do you have for the Stage 2 ?? Different spec intakes, turbo elbows, intercoolers and downpipes all make a difference. The stage 2 is setup to match the full Revo Performance Pack.

We have found that not all V power is the same, so might be worth trying a different station. We have two here in Daventry and both are different.

Reactions: Spencer589
We have found that not all V power is the same, so might be worth trying a different station. We have two here in Daventry and both are different.
Might have to have a look about, the shell garage I went to before stage 2 was in a bit of a less busy setting based in Whitwick (might of been sat for a while). The one I had been going to in Coalville is a bit busier but was sold out of v power at the time. It might be a contributing factor as to why my 0-60 was slower when I used the draggy on stage 2 (3.61s on 98 map) vs stage 1 (3.37s).

Might have to have a look about, the shell garage I went to before stage 2 was in a bit of a less busy setting based in Whitwick (might of been sat for a while). The one I had been going to in Coalville is a bit busier but was sold out of v power at the time. It might be a contributing factor as to why my 0-60 was slower when I used the draggy on stage 2 (3.61s on 98 map) vs stage 1 (3.37s).
Yeah if its pulling 5deg then thats quite a bit of lost power.