ETKA, Etos and Workshop Manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deemde

Reaction score
WHY THE HELL DON'T VAG SELL ETKA , ETOS and WORKSHOP MANUALS over the counter, they could make a fortune.
Back in the 1960s and 1970s I rallyed SAABs. I could buy all of the workshop manuals, parts lists, rally manuals from SAAB. If you wrote to them they would send you the information that I required free gratis. I still have the tuning data from SAAB for my SPORT 96. This didn't stop me from buying all of my competition parts from the local SAAB dealer.
I have Bentley manuals for the 90 20v Q and the VR6, but they are only guides as they only cover LH drive models.
I do not have ETKA at Present. The copy I was sent for the USA some years ago won't run on Windows 2000. The copy that i bought on E-Basy won't run. I need my own copy.
The local dealer often orders the wrong part for me. This never happened when I was in the UK, and was running a US Copy of ETKA on Windows 98.
I am not thick and, I do realise that VAG are worried about back street garages repairing Audi/VWs, but they all have pirated copies of ETKA anyway, so what's the problem?
Come on VAG, give us some respect. We arn't all cowboy repairers.

Before anyone cares to reply to this with the location of pirate software, can I just remind you to check the forum rules.

Thank you.

Audi-Sport.Net

a licensed ETKA needs a hardlock to run on a PC

You've missed the point.
If VAG had the decency to sell it over the counter, they would not need a hard lock.
ps (married blonde) I do know where to get pirated copies. You've missed the point as well.

If you say so matey, to me it looked like a cry out for help and not a rant!

Either way I have voiced the opinion of Audi-Sport.net and we will leave it at that ;)

J.

Sorry sonny Jim, you're wrong again.
It was not a rant, and it certianly was not a cry for help, but a serious comment on the lack of factory support for the product. I do not want to HAVE to buy anything which is pirated.
I am more than willing to pay a good price for the real thing. The Bentley manuals I have, were purchased legally at full price and, although imperfect, I am happy to have them.
I do have microfiches for my 90q 20v, which were given to me, legally I hope, by the local dealer when ETKA was introduced. This is the same dealer who legally sold me SAAB manuals and parts lists for all of my cars, 2T, Sport, V4 and 99 Turbo. I had a great relationship with them, for 30 years, and stayed with them through all of the SAABs, VWs and Audis, until I moved to Eire. I voiced this same opinion to them on many occasions, and although sympathetic, they could only help me by allowing me to use their ETKA when not busy. The local dealer over here often lets me loose on his machine when the part that I require is hard to find.
So, you now have a few more facts upon which to base your judgement. Hopefully you can now understand my point of view, and not attempt to belittle me with your unwarrented appraisal. Do not judge everyone by the low standards which obviously pertain in some areas of life.

deemde
the factory support that you need can be provided by the authorized dealers, and maybe VW AG's and Audi AG's way of preventing unauthorized workshops from tampering with their products.

Deemde, sunny jim, sun shine, boy-o or what ever you wish to be known by.

Do yourself a favour and just leave it. Like I said to me, and I'm sure others, it seemed like a cry for help hence my reply.

If you wish to carry this on then that is your perogative but again I will refer you to the forum rules.

My comment was not to prevoke an argument or a discussion, it was to save anyone getting themselves a wrist slapping.

J.

Well MATEY, married blonde, A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Black, Black/silver interior, Xenons, Bose, Arm rest, heated seats and a load of other stuff I've forgotten, or whatever you like to be called.
You still miss the point. By the way matey, it was soony jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.