Eurgh....worn out...

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Well todays been busy...

Full service on the car, new rear pads, gave everything a good once over in time for its MOT next month so I'm knackered. This is all after working nights last night with no kip between...why did I decide to do that?!.

Anyway, good result with all the service parts. I've been getting a lot of bits for my car and the GF's TT from Euro so the bloke in there gave me a nice big discount today. About £100 quids worth of filters/oil for £70 so happy days.

New front wheel arch liner to be fitted tomorrow and then 4 new tyres and remove the bottom heatshield from the CAT as its rattling like a bitch.

Car feels great now its got lovely fresh posh oil and plugs in it, I swear its smoother and quieter on idle as well so I'm happy :). Maf and throttle body cleaned too so its running really well which I'm happy about.

T

Love them days though when you know the cars had a good old service and you can feel the difference.

I wish i had gone to bed for a bit before doing it though! Decided to move away from the usual mobil 1 and go for some top of the range valvoline instead. Not sure why its running quieter though

I wish i had gone to bed for a bit before doing it though! Decided to move away from the usual mobil 1 and go for some top of the range valvoline instead. Not sure why its running quieter though

I used Valvoline in my last oil change also Tom, it's pretty dear for oil, but since I'm doing minimal mileage in my Ess, thought I'd whack some expensive stuff in, seems to be pretty good so far.

Yeah its expensive but i value my turbo so thought balls to it and splashed out on the most expensive stuff.

How much was the Valvoline Tom?

Asda had Mobil 1 on offer last week for £4 a litre, which I have been told is really good.

Its about 50 quid but with the cash off it was about 36 i think. It was the synpower stuff