Eurotunnel ground clearance (Le Mans prep)?

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Hi guys, I'm returning to Le Mans again this year and will be taking the S3 which is now fitted with 25mm H&R lowering springs and the LCR front splitter.

Has anyone taken an S3 with the same set-up onto the Eurotunnel? If I need to get up to the top deck will the splitter and associated dangly underneath bits (e.g. exhaust...) survive the ramp?

Cheers.

My car is standard height and has been on the eurotunnel a few times last year and once this year and it did not seem to be even close so I guess you should be ok if you take your time.

Thank you chaps, thought it should be OK, but wanted to check now and not "live" on 12th June...

I have been on in a mk4 golf lowered 50mm with no problems, there was a lotus exige behind us that boarded with no issues either. Sure you will be fine.

Hi I used the euro tunnel a couple of times last year in my s3 it's lowered about 25-30mm but has no splitter I had no clearance issues I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you go nice and steady

I'll keep an eye out for you - I'll be taking my Noggy down on the ferry from Portsmouth and then the Channel Tunnel on the way back to Le Mans this year :)

Are you stickering her up? The rabble I'm going with are practically forcing me! lol

Check the link below....I didn't think they had an issues with sports cars/lowered cars dude...

I mean I watch the Gumball rally tear off the M20 onto the Channel Tunnel and some of those cars are nearly scraping the cats eyes! lol

High Vehicles

I did think about stickering up the car, but I'm fastidious about my paintwork and really can't bear the idea of plastering vinyl all over it.

So I'm probably not going to. Maybe just a few on the rear side windows and rear screen.