Ever increasing cost of Fuel !!!.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
Just been up to my Local Esso for some of there 99ron & it's now £159.9 a litre !!!!!. Don't think it will be falling any time soon?.

Thats more than motorway services, its obscene.

Afte flying r back to Manchester Airport last week from Turkey...l had to fuel the car up to return to home £159.9 for unleaded
Last time fuel prices where nearly as high as today's prices was back in 2008/2009 yip the last recession

Reactions: Raiden
Crude is up, but only around 90 by my last check on bloomberg, even when it was 150 a barrel it wasnt £1.60 a litre, was around £1.30-£1.35 average, so how they can justify this, but there are other variables, lorry drivers, brexit, numerous things that interact with prices, but coupled with congestion & ulez charges, its becoming very difficult to justify driving a damn car & how they expect people to find the money to buy electric cars & with so low numbers of charging points, its a very bad plan imho.

Enjoy it while you still can... :racer:
And don't get cancer, that screws everything up and for sure you can't get relief at the pump!
Sort of puts everything else into perspective...

Reactions: Jassyo06
It has gone stupid with the prices I got vpower for £1.58 I they trying to make us go electric

Reactions: Raiden
Fuel price increases are the last thing you need to be concerned about at the moment, fuel cost has always been an ever-increasing fact of life.
There are some much bigger and more worrying increases in the pipeline very soon, best make the best of things now, it's going to get a lot worse folks.

If you remember those early 70's with all that it entailed then you'll see what's going to happen very soon indeedy. :scared2:

Still, there is always hope and a glimmer of light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Remember back in 2000 when the fuel protests were on - we said it would soon get to £5 a gallon and people didn't believe it

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Gov currently take approx 69p per litre in tax , so almost half the cost of a gallon of super jungle juice goes to the gov in tax, and the higher the price the more they rake in from it.

actually the tax is much higher 57.9 p a litre then VAT on the combined price of the petrol AND duty so nearly £1 tax on each litre at a full rate of just short of 203% sounds like sweden in the 70s

Paid £1.62 for a litre of vpower diesel for the van the other evening

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Just for convenience, as I only put Shell in my cars, I decided to detour to one in central Birmingham as I had to pick someone up. £1.519 p/l up on the sign with a few cars in the queue, I decided to drive past it instead. Went to the Shell near my workplace 5 miles away, £1.439 p/l. How can they even justify the price difference for the same fuel 5 miles apart?