Ever seen a turbo that's done this? now I need an engine

spencer361

Reaction score
Darkside Developments received my car and put a new turbo on for me. Have a look below at the state of the old one! completely snapped in half!!

Once ryan had done the job he started my car up to find something else wasn't right hinting towards the bottom end....... He suspects the delivery guy had driven it onto the truck down in France with no oil in it..... new engine required, Gutted is not the word.

Don't know what to do really, get it fixed and sell it and face the fact I've just lost £2000....... OR.......... while having a new engine, consider having an uprated clutch fitted and change the new turbo for a hybrid turbo.....

SNV80024.jpg

OMFG, we were just chatting about your new job hey, sickening mate.

Whats the mileage of the car mate?

I say find a full engine and turbo from a rear ender, and nevermind the mileage, as long as its smooth, chuck it in like it never happened, and get rid.

+ then sell that new turbo to reclaim some costs.

Hmm might be an idea, but if I put a decent engine there is no reason why it wont run for another 40,000 miles and then get rid,

The car is 2007, its done 100,028 miles and i've put 38,000 of those in 20 months, the car is solid, I love it and Nigel upgraded the rear lights for me a year ago.

wow, no ive not seen that before.

i take it bits of turbo have gone in the engine via the inlet? or a lack of oil pressure and being run (as you say) by the french recovery guy?

find another complete engine minus a turbo would be my guess. fit your new to it and stick it in.