ex-girlfriend refusing to return A3

nickybeal

Reaction score
After a recent break up my ex is refusing to return my car,she is the registered keeper but we didn't sign anything to say it was a gift and a transfer of ownership.

she has the documents,bookpack and the key.I am sending her a letter as notice of repossession asking her to return the car in 7 days,will be sent copies of the original receipt when I swapped my civic type R for the A3 and copy of her text message saying she would return the a3 keys on monday after split and another saying she is keeping the car!

if she refuses can i take the car with a spare key? will i be arrested?

the v5 doesn't prove ownership of the car

can you prove you bought and paid for it ?

and yes you can take the car its a civil matter you can I see prove you swapped your old car for the A3 so just take it back and when if the plod are called explain it and show them the the docs to prove your the owner.

also be ready for them to impound it till they do there thing to it may or may not happen.

Yeah there needs to be an element of proof of purchase etc to make things simple. If you don't have that then as stated it will be a civil matter.
Registered keeper does not mean owner. If she paid for it and gave it to you as a gift then you will without doubt be told to sort it via solicitor if police have any dealing with this.

it can get confusing and awkward if both of you have made payments towards the car at some point?

the v5 doesn't prove ownership of the car

can you prove you bought and paid for it ?

and yes you can take the car its a civil matter you can I see prove you swapped your old car for the A3 so just take it back and when if the plod are called explain it and show them the the docs to prove your the owner.

also be ready for them to impound it till they do there thing to it may or may not happen.

I have a receipt to show I swapped cars with an agreed value and owership has transferred,I was hoping to hear what you have said

that is how i understood it to be a civil matter,I think I can have the v5 changed if it is in my possession from a telephone conversation with the dvla

If you are the legal OWNER yes take it.

but be ready for the police to remove it till ownership is proven

and pay the recovery and storage costs

And thats just a girlfriend,wait till you get a wife:think:

Reactions: Ultra Violent, kanecullen89, Adam_A3_ and 4 others
but be ready for the police to remove it till ownership is proven

and pay the recovery and storage costs

I'm sure this will help my case and police will walk away saying its a civil case,she'll have to take it to court

Sorted go take the car back

Also was she worth it
Pictures of both to gauge the fitness

Reactions: Ultra Violent, rizzini7, Shrek5 and 7 others
Also was she worth it
Pictures of both to gauge the fitness

No never worth it! teeth missing,trampy tattoos,bit of a pie eater and mental health issues

just somewhere to wet the willy.......Good in bed f**ked in the head !

Reactions: CHEZ
Why oh why cheat?

And yes it would be a civil matter

Why oh why cheat?

And yes it would be a civil matter

I'm a cheat because I had a story feed on snapchat of sedgyfergo a pole dancer /stripper from newcastle I think,didn't chat or anything just used to get her pics and vids,check it out !

adding the snap dancer now

yes I get why she would be ****** off

its even got a red ! mark and a warning.

oh my what can I say

if I awoke to see that I would have launched her out the window

:jester:

lol I can see this thread getting closed

What the **** is wrong with people.

Nobody gives a shirt about your dirty laundry.

Lol glad i joined up if this is the standard of stuff that goes down! Just lift the car with the key and apply for new v5

Be very careful taking it. She is the insured and will likely say you did not have consent to drive it. The police may go after you for no insurance etc and you would likely be arrested on TWOC until ownership could be established.

Not passing judgement on any other aspect of this.

Easily solved with a cover note...

No never worth it! teeth missing,trampy tattoos,bit of a pie eater and mental health issues

just somewhere to wet the willy.......Good in bed f**ked in the head !

Pussy.jpg

Reactions: kanecullen89
I'm a cheat because I had a story feed on snapchat of sedgyfergo a pole dancer /stripper from newcastle I think,didn't chat or anything just used to get her pics and vids,check it out !

Guilty as charged...I thought my GF was the only nutter out there LOL Anyways I got away with simply deleting Chelsea Ferguson from my snapchat list :3sadwalk:

You could go and speak to the police, inform them of the situation and show them you are the rightful owner and advise them of your intentions. Then if she does call the police on you then you're in a much stronger position.

Use the money saved on not having a girlfriend to fund an RS3 and trade in your A3 (better if you had both keys though)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Looks like you thought the grass was greener on the other side.....!

99.9% of them are c**ts mate, one of my ex girlfriends has managed to **** me out of about £8000.

Go round and take the car back, get it towed and change the locks if you have to. It's yours, you paid for or swapped your previous motor for it. They're lovely when everything is going well (or there way) but as soon as money gets involved or things of value you they have something programmed into them which sends them around the twist.

EDIT:

Having said the above if you've pinged another bird then she's just trying to get her own back which to be fair I think you'd do the same (I would anyway).

Bit of sad thread this guys I'm surprised its still on here

so did you go take the a3 back ?

Got the car back today ! sent her a letter(very good one if I do say so myself) made a goodwill gesture of £500 or going to court,After a bit of raging she got our bosses opinion (yes we work together!) and he managed to talk her around.

so car back with me all washed and up for sale

Reactions: jojo
Got the car back today ! sent her a letter(very good one if I do say so myself) made a goodwill gesture of £500 or going to court,After a bit of raging she got our bosses opinion (yes we work together!) and he managed to talk her around.

so car back with me all washed and up for sale

Crikey, you still work together! Good luck mate!

Reactions: A3_Rider