Excess Mileage

SPEEDBIRD3000

Reaction score
Morning All,

I am 2.5 years into a PCP with 10,000 miles per year. I start a new job in January and my daily mileage will double.

I spoke to Audi finance yesterday with a view to swapping my car next Summer. With 0.95 pence per excess miles charge I may be facing a £750 bill or thereabouts when I voluntarily terminate. I am shocked at how much my A4 Avant Sline 190 Stronic has depreciated-hence the VT.

Would it be better in people's opinion to pay extra per month for 6-7 months or just pay the excess mileage at the end?

TIA

You don't have to pay the excess miles when you hand a car back. They may pressure you to do so but they don't have the law on their side.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
I don’t know the details but I’ve heard that as well, although I’m not able to lodge a decent defence because I don’t know the law well enough. And that’s what they rely on basically!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to pay the excess miles when you hand a car back. They may pressure you to do so but they don't have the law on their side.

TX.

But what if you want to do a pcp again? Most people will and some will want to upgrade to a different Audi model.

Can't they decline your future finance applications?

But what if you want to do a pcp again? Most people will and some will want to upgrade to a different Audi model.

Can't they decline your future finance applications?
In that situation sort out the next Audi and agree a trade in value or sell the old one privately. Excess miles only becomes an issue if handing the car back.

TX.

Reactions: Daggerit and syed123
In that situation sort out the next Audi and agree a trade in value or sell the old one privately. Excess miles only becomes an issue if handing the car back.

TX.

Agreed. I’ve traded in a few that were over the miles and worst case you’ll get a slightly lower PX for it. If it’s just a few hundred or a couple thousand I doubt you’d notice the difference.

Depending on the car, I seem to recall it being cheaper to pay the mileage excess versus putting up your contracted mileage, but worth working out for your own case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning All,

I am 2.5 years into a PCP with 10,000 miles per year. I start a new job in January and my daily mileage will double.

I spoke to Audi finance yesterday with a view to swapping my car next Summer. With 0.95 pence per excess miles charge I may be facing a £750 bill or thereabouts when I voluntarily terminate. I am shocked at how much my A4 Avant Sline 190 Stronic has depreciated-hence the VT.

Would it be better in people's opinion to pay extra per month for 6-7 months or just pay the excess mileage at the end?

TIA

I guess it depends on whether they choose to fight you for it - they might "claim" that with a significant amount of excess mileage, the vehicle has not got "fair wear and tear". And if they do, how happy are you to fight it? My wife was in a similar situation last year, where she had done more than 20k over the allowance due to job change. She VT'ed at the earliest opportunity, and we had a bill for around £1600. For the amount of time and effort it would have been to fight it, combined with the possibility of losing the case (it has happened), we chose to just pay up - ultimately she had done the mileage.
You might get lucky and they won't bother challenging it, or you might get dragged through a court, have to spend a load of time and money fighting it etc - is that worth £750? I guess only you can answer that.

Good luck with whatever option you choose though!