Excess Plastic/Unnecessary Stuff

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
This may sound a bit overkill but I just thought back to when I fitted my bucket seats and the amount of plastic Audi has all around the base of the front seats is absolutely ridiculous, still have a big bag full of the stuff which I'll probably bin.

For context my car is already a fair bit lighter than stock with (in my opinion) no sacrifice to the looks/practicality (just wheels, seats, slightly lighter battery, everything out the boot, all fancy engine plastics removed, 6 CD changer out).

Just wondering if anyone knew of any other areas where Audi has put an unnecessary amount of plastic/other padding type stuff.

Last edited:
you going for a stripped out track weapon Jake lol, i had some plastic panel's under the car that i've had to take off due to fitting my exhaust, but it you have 2 back boxes already you'll not need to remove it, the under tray could go but the engine bay might suffer dirt wise. thats about it i think mate unless you start looking behind the door cards and dash lol.

Reactions: DieselJake
This may sound a bit overkill but I just thought back to when I fitted my bucket seats and the amount of plastic Audi has all around the base of the front seats is absolutely ridiculous, still have a big bag full of the stuff which I'll probably bin.

For context my car is already a fair bit lighter than stock with (in my opinion) no sacrifice to the looks/practicality (just wheels, seats, slightly lighter battery, everything out the boot, all fancy engine plastics removed, 6 CD changer out).

Just wondering if anyone knew of any other areas where Audi has put an unnecessary amount of plastic/other padding type stuff.
If your an oil burner there is a lot of excess weight under the bonnet.....lol

Reactions: maxdrz400
you going for a stripped out track weapon Jake lol, i had some plastic panel's under the car that i've had to take off due to fitting my exhaust, but it you have 2 back boxes already you'll not need to remove it, the under tray could go but the engine bay might suffer dirt wise. thats about it i think mate unless you start looking behind the door cards and dash lol.

Cheers, as much of a track weapon it can be without fully stripping it haha my other car (dead now but it's still sitting on the drive encase I'm ever brave enough to fit a new engine) is a Starlet GT Turbo so the Audi has always felt a bit heavy... much safer though Starlet was a death trap. Forgot to mention my under tray is already off as it snapped in half but might get a new one for the aero (yes I'm that OCD). Had the doors off before but couldn't find much other than foam and the metal sheet in-between but didn't want to take that off as I don't think the door card would go on without plus the door would probably get dented when I closed it :playful: mine's single exhaust, had a quick look but couldn't see any other plastic underneath, depending on the shape could be another aero piece (which would affect my obsession haha), was tempted to take off the rear tow hook as that generally weighs a fair bit (has to support the whole car) but could be useful if I end up nose first into something.

Do your research:

B6 saloon standard trim none quattro 1.9tdi 130 - 1395kg (which is mine... has a b7 front end though amongst other things)
B7 saloon standard trim none quattro 1.9tdi 115 - 1390kg (if we we're really comparing apples to apples as mine's technically a b6)
B7 saloon standard trim none quattro 2.0t 220 - 1425kg
Reference: www.parkers.co.uk

Need to loose that excess weight under the bonnet and fit a diesel Rob.

nope you're still wrong, wrong wrong wrong , and wrong again........it's all lies ....lol

And i'm referring to engine weight not car weight...my bul lump is lighter than your oil burner lump.

Some people look stuff up and don't fit our brakes the wrong way around :footy:

It's an AWX 1.9tdi engine and it is lighter than your B7 2.0t engine.

Whatever you say ......at least I use the right type of wheel bolts on my alloys.....