Excessive Oil consumption?

abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
For the second time in 4k miles my cars oil level has gone from max to min.

First time was after about 2k. Caught it when looking around the mmi. Took it to the dealer who said the level was fine and they just reset the level indicator. I suspect they topped it up

Now 2k miles later and I have a oil level low top up now message.

I know new engines use some oil but surely this can’t be normal?

Either its a sensor fault or its using excessively, 2k is extreme & reminds me of the 2.0 tfsi b8 piston ring issues.

Reactions: abmat
For the second time in 4k miles my cars oil level has gone from max to min.

First time was after about 2k. Caught it when looking around the mmi. Took it to the dealer who said the level was fine and they just reset the level indicator. I suspect they topped it up

Now 2k miles later and I have a oil level low top up now message.

I know new engines use some oil but surely this can’t be normal?

Which engine do you have in your A6?
Regardless of your reply it is something wrong but I would eliminate excessive oil consumption anyway. It’s rather impossible.
On another note I know someone in Germany that collected a bran new A6 C8 with a serious fuel leak!!!
Apparently models built in Covid have a very bad quality due to many factors like staff shortage, testing capacity limitations and component sourcing issues.
Hope you get this fixed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP has a 40 TDI. Sounds like a sensor fault, I suggest the OP gets it checked out by Audi.

I did about 30,000 miles in my A6 (40 tdi) and didn’t put any oil in, I swapped it for a new Q5 with the same engine, 6 months ago, in the first 5,000 miles I’ve had to drop 2l of oil in it. I thought it had a fault or a leak at first but it just seems to burn a bit more oil than my previous car.