Exhaust advice for B8.5 S4

onklen

Reaction score
I've got an S4 and I really love the car however I am missing a bit more grunt from the exhaust. I do however not want to turn it into a massively loud machine which will make my head pop of on any longer road trips. So after digging a bit around on the world wide web it seems like APR RSC or an AWE but my issue is that no matter how many youtube videos I've watched and reviews I've read it's really difficult to establish if the various exhaust systems are suitable for my requirements or not.
So what I'm really asking is if anyone from the Aberdeen area might have an upgraded S4 and they would be happy to give me a quick spin so I can make up my own opinion.

Cheers,
Rolf

That's why I chose the Miltek Valvesonic.
Civilized most of the time ,then unleashes hell fire when you want

And out of interest how much would at system like that be?

I went for the cheaper option on mine, and bought a Magnaflow X-Pipe. Cut out the centre silencer and welded the X-Pipe in its place. The total cost would be around £150 if you went to a garage to weld it for you.

Sounds lovely but I've read a post somewhere bout an Armytrix system actually affecting the performace figures and when the system was taken apart the baffle material wasn't great. Could have done some serious engine damage.

Would be nice if akrapovic made a system for the S4

Sounds lovely but I've read a post somewhere bout an Armytrix system actually affecting the performace figures and when the system was taken apart the baffle material wasn't great. Could have done some serious engine damage.

Would be nice if akrapovic made a system for the S4
@Keef - Remember reading that too

Just like the sound on that youTube vid if I'm being honest lol

Edit : Just found the thread on the power loss on the Armytrix system. 'Twas lurking in the A5 section
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/armytrix-exhaust-power-loss-results.242691/

Reactions: Keef
@ross27 I fear there might be a few quiet evenings over the dinner table if I bought the aforementioned exhaust without consulting with my wife first :)

Reactions: TahirS
@onklen pulling up to the in laws house... Neighbours twitch curtains... And then the fight began....

Reactions: xpoweruk