exhaust blown sound from front of car

CCWjames

Reaction score
For the last week out of the blue, have got a sound from the front of the car like a big hole in the exhaust.
Starting as well to get the dodgy smell like a rear exhaust box in the cab of my 1998 1.8 turbo

would people think its a cracked down pipe? manifold? gasket? It is the raspberry sound.

`i got someone looking at it this week and wonder how much people think to sort out? as some people say its a pig to do. If is the gasket and manifold, whats the best way to replace?

thanks

Could be the turbo/mani gasket, turbo/DP gasket or the flexi...

All are much easier to do on a k03 based engine than a K04

<tuffty/>

well hopefully the guy will come look this week. i looked myself and can see where the downpipe is on the manifold and is above that

tuffy do you know what the manifold looks like, as trying to source one on ebay as better to change now while its being worked on and all i can see is ones that talk about T3 turbos when mine i guess is the standard k03

audi says is part 06a253033al lol £367

Last edited:
i wont know yet to the guy turns up. was going to replace for a better flow as doing the parts when i got free money, so manifold, then down pipe etc as i need a new rear box as doing the 8l to s3 rear bumper swap

OE A3 manifolds port out well... Bill does them from time to time...

Aftemarket stuff is a bit hit and miss quality wise

<tuffty/>