Exhaust Fitting Query

danrst171

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure this out and need to run it past someone to make sure I got it right! So I have a Milltek cat back system and a standard downpipe on a 2.0 TFSI.

To get these two to fit, I believe I need...

69.85mm (2" 3/4) OD to 63.5mm (2" 1/2) ID Exhaust Reducer/Expander​

My logic being I want the adapter to go over the standard pipe (smaller side) and go inside the Milltek center section (bigger side).

So if I order that and get two exhaust clips I should be good? Going crazy trying to work it out!

the milltek kit comes with the reducer (I think you get two, varying sizes)

the milltek kit comes with the reducer (I think you get two, varying sizes)
I didn't buy the kit. I got a second hand backbox and ordered the center section individually, which I believe means I won't get the reducer

Does your centre section come with two pipes? I think the TDI sizes match your TFSI. 2.75" (Miltek) 63.5mm (DPF). Milltek do supply this part as well. But youre right, you clamp both sides + some exhaust paste etc.

Do I want the reducer to fit inside the milltek side though for better flow or outside so when I get a new downpipe and cat it's easier to remove?

So, if you look at any part of the milltek exhaust system it will have notches/slits which I believe are designed to slide over the proceeding pipe. See picture attached, notice the twin tips, both slide over the proceeding pipe to the back box.

In my case (as you can see from the centre pipe in hte pic) the reducer would fit inside the milltek exahust. Unsure about trying anything different to what the vendor had provided.

Attachments

• SSXAU330_1.jpg
    SSXAU330_1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 47