Facelift Exhaust flap controller & sticking & remap

evil_scooby

Reaction score
Noticing an odd noise occasionally on start or stop but tracked it down to frequently happening at 3.5k revs. Is this when exhaust flaps open (had thought that was 4k).

Anything else happen at 3.5k that could cause a sort of squeal like an unoiled hinge.

Was looking at active sound controller although seems costly but would be nice to have quieter startup and louder later. Is it only that active sound EU site ?

Does controller impact remap ie could it cause damage if remap doesn't expect them closed until 4k.

If its controlable do any remap companies like APR or MRC offer it during remap ? (Not heard it mentioned)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have Apr stage 1 and have recently fitted the valve controller.
Mainly so I can have quiet startups at 5am.
I run mine in standard so works from drive select but switch to closed for startup and the pops and bangs with the flaps permanently open is

I have Apr stage 1 and have recently fitted the valve controller.
Mainly so I can have quiet startups at 5am.
I run mine in standard so works from drive select but switch to closed for startup and the pops and bangs with the flaps permanently open is
Do you have standard or sports exhaust?
I have standard but assume its the same

Do you have standard or sports exhaust?
I have standard but assume its the same

I have sports exhaust which makes it louder than the standard exhaust but valve control is exactly the same.
I have a pair of decats but have decided against fitting them because with the controller I can have the flaps open whenever I want.
So all of the benefits with no down side at all

I have sports exhaust which makes it louder than the standard exhaust but valve control is exactly the same.
I have a pair of decats but have decided against fitting them because with the controller I can have the flaps open whenever I want.
So all of the benefits with no down side at all
So do you think its worth the £400 bucks then ?

So do you think its worth the £400 bucks then ?

I bought a used one instead of paying the £360 for a new one.
There is a used one for sale on eBay for £200 but it connects directly to the valves. From what I gather it works in the same way having remotes.