Exhaust help Kent

B8Rich

2008 A4 B8 3.0tdi Quattro
Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m after a bit of help with my 08 dpf 3.0tdi exhaust. I’ve watched every video I can find on YT and looked through the threads for silencer removal sounds (or maybe a cut out) everyone of them sounding so different I think this is the route for me, I’m not looking to get rid of the Dpf.
I’m a bit worried about drone though with the permanent removal of the silencers?

Ideally if some one has either mod in Kent and would be willing to take me for a spin please, I’m willing to travel to them and give them a drink/fuel money for their time.

Thanks in advance

Rich

I removed the silencer on my previous Seat Exeo 2.0 TDi and had a straight pipe made from the DPF back as i was wanted to retain it like your self. It sounded good on idle and when giving it some but droned at 70mph but could be controlled if sat at 75-80mph. I personally wouldn’t do it again as the drone sent me nuts on longer journeys and didn’t like I had to sit at faster speeds to keep the noise down. It maybe different on the 3.0 with it been a 6cyl but I thought I’d put my penny’s worth in.

Nick

Reactions: B8Rich
I picked up my 3.0TDI two nights ago and am thinking about what exhaust mod to do. I don't want it to be loud/droning so won't be going for a straight pipe from the DPF back. Something I was going to do on my old 2.5TDI was rework the insides of the stock backboxes and lose the mid silencer. Unfortunately never got round to it so don't know how it would have turned out.

The 3.0 seems a bit more 'growly' as it is so I am pondering having the mid silencer replaced with straight pipe and leaving the stock backboxes in place.