Facelift Exhaust Mods?

yep... I have no left my Active Valve Controller off the car, no longer need it as the map has added some extra noise.
I think Brian can concur, the cars sound incredible from behind (to the carrera 4S's disappointment last week :tearsofjoy:) (we were only plodding along, honest :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:)

As good as the AVC is at switching valves open and closed on a whim with the ESP button or via ADS modes, when open, the deeper bass note of the FL exhaust gives drone that feels like it can bursts the ear drum (not volume but deep bass that is actually uncomfortable), so I got bored switching modes or the valves to avoid that drone and just leave them as stock now, more than happy. I'll put the AVC back up for sale at some point.

Agreed

I remember when I stuck the res delete pipe in the G7.5R...... it actually hurt my ears with the flaps open all the time.
In the end I reverted the flaps to standard and then sold up

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well I am totally lost for words, the car is on another planet now.

The pops and bangs are as loud as a PFL when blipping at idle, too loud to abuse it outside the house.
You can hear the exhaust note with minimal throttle input, whereas before you needed to have a heavy foot.
It consumes the environment it is in, no need for walls in close proximity to you to get the full experience.
I find a lot more people are turning to look, even before the car is in sight.
So much deeper, the engine note has changed throughout and it sings at high revs a lot more than it did before.

Drone; yes there is drone. My valves are unplugged and that's the only way I've driven it, under heavy load the drone is the same as the S3 with a res delete, loud but perfectly liveable. Motorway at 60 it is silent, at 70 on flat ground it is quiet.. come to a steep incline and you can hear the engine note but it isn't ridiculous.

Absolutely no regrets, fallen in love with the car quite a bit more after hearing it today. Total different animal. You get little pops on downshifts too.

Happy happy AudiNutta!
You just changed the exhaust?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
Dont keep me hanging what did he do *** ;)

TX.

Dont keep me hanging what did he do *** ;)

TX.

Been replaced with a like for like sports exhaust, but only this one has had the resonators gutted and the valved pipework basically straight piped.

Reactions: Terminator x
Wish someone could post a picture of what the straight piping inside the back box looks like. I'm trying to figure out if the pipe has been joined to the RHS valved pipe of the other pipe directly adjacent to it.

Current: 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past: 2016 RS3 SB

Reactions: 3SR
So yesterday I went to get my Decat fitted at CLP Automotive in Sheffield, great place with some good lads. After sitting in there restroom for over 2hrs one of the lads came out to me with the glorious news that.....it doesn’t fit!!!
I initially laughed thinking he was joking, however he fooking wasn’t. I went and had a look for myself and there was about 1.5” gap from the fitted downpipe to the mid section.
The guys tried several things to get this to fit however you can’t just disappear that gap so it had to come off and the lad had to put everyth8 g back to normal. At this point I was absolutely ****** raging as I had purchased a Decat for my spec car and it didn’t fit, also I had to still pay for labour, so the phone calls commenced to the supplier...

So to cut this collamity short, the supplier of the Decat held there hands up and said there’s probably been a mix up with the pairing of downpipe and midsection as there numbered as a pair from the manufacturer etc. So the labour cost was paid by the supplier who passed that on to manufacture etc, I spent 6hrs at clp with no end product apart from having the transmission dogbone insert fitted. I was supposed to have my springs fitted too but obviously that didn’t happen!!

Going forward the supplier has offered to fit the DP and springs for free as they’ve got a new one on its way to them, caveat being I have to take my car to Scotland lol

I'd be interested in hearing a video of it. I haven't been keeping up with the exhaust mods, last one I saw was this one because it got the PFL pops and bangs back.

Reactions: AB RS3, Beebee-one and Deep penetrator
2 short clips on here. I’m away on holidays in the next couple of days but when I get back, I will make an effort to go somewhere and get some videos recorded outside.

As ever, can’t really tell on video.

Reactions: oli356, Jonny B, TYb and 1 other person
AN... what’s the little yellow marks that come up on your rev counter when you get right round in the rev range?

AN... what’s the little yellow marks that come up on your rev counter when you get right round in the rev range?
Shift indicator. It comes up when U engage manual mode to assist with optimum shifts and also to prevent hitting the limiter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Stick left and use paddles!

TX.

Reactions: Deep penetrator

As other responses, it’s the shift lights.. I love them! They work in manual mode.

Hope you wasn’t breaking any speed limits there audinutta :tearsofjoy: car sounds good mate glad you have got the results you wanted

Reactions: Jonny B
Shift lights in manual... well that’s something I’ll be checking out today! Cheers fella’s :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta and Terminator x
Hope you wasn’t breaking any speed limits there audinutta :tearsofjoy: car sounds good mate glad you have got the results you wanted

Noo what you see is KMH on the speedo, I like to change it from time to time to keep on top of my conversion skills.

Reactions: Terminator x and Callump01
Shift lights in manual... well that’s something I’ll be checking out today! Cheers fella’s :icon thumright:

Do it, it’s awesome :D Especially when it flashes red close to the red line, but don’t hit the red line because it’s brutal the way it pulls back :sadlike:

Reactions: Phil3
Do it, it’s awesome :D Especially when it flashes red close to the red line, but don’t hit the red line because it’s brutal the way it pulls back :sadlike:

+1 luv the shift lights , discovered by accident , rarely use manual ,now I can’t leave them alone , best at night .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, it’s time to panic... I don’t get shift lights when I manual... what’s going on? Is there a setting to knock it on and off? If mines broke, that’s it... I’m taking it back and kicking off... it’s just not on!

:sos: :wtf::help:

Ok, it’s time to panic... I don’t get shift lights when I manual... what’s going on? Is there a setting to knock it on and off? If mines broke, that’s it... I’m taking it back and kicking off... it’s just not on!

:sos: :wtf::help:

Are you sure? Yours should absolutely have it, all new RS models with Virtual Cockpit have it!!

Amazed you don’t. The gear lever was to the left yes?

Reactions: Phil3
Are you sure? Yours should absolutely have it, all new RS models with Virtual Cockpit have it!!

Amazed you don’t. The gear lever was to the left yes?

Yep... the gear lever was every which way it could be... I tried everything... I must have looked like a right tit trying to get the shift light on :seenoevil: I’ll have to have another play tomorrow haha

Are people just on about the rev counter flashing as you home in on the red line? If so, how could you ever not notice that?!

Reactions: AB RS3, AudiNutta and Terminator x
Yep... the gear lever was every which way it could be... I tried everything... I must have looked like a right tit trying to get the shift light on :seenoevil: I’ll have to have another play tomorrow haha

The VC has to be in Sports dials option (central rev counter) and the car in dynamic, gear change using the paddles.

The VC has to be in Sports dials option (central rev counter) and the car in dynamic, gear change using the paddles.

Exactly what I tried for a couple of the goes and nothing... I’ll have to have a play around again tomorrow and see if I’m just being daft and figure it out

Redline it man, you're probably not over 4k revs ;)

TX.

Reactions: monopole, FBF01, AB RS3 and 4 others
Redline it man, you're probably not over 4k revs ;)

You joking... I don’t want to hurt the car?! I thought it would start flashing from 3k :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Callump01, Deep penetrator, Terminator x and 2 others
Exactly what I tried for a couple of the goes and nothing... I’ll have to have a play around again tomorrow and see if I’m just being daft and figure it out

Haven’t been in the car for a few days but was out for a drive earlier on... anc I can report back that the rev lights are there and working like a dream... I don’t nothing different to last time mind... so not sure what was going on there haha

Haven’t been in the car for a few days but was out for a drive earlier on... anc I can report back that the rev lights are there and working like a dream... I don’t nothing different to last time mind... so not sure what was going on there haha

I think TX called it :yes:

:tearsofjoy:

It's a revival...thread revival! :thumbs up:

So for us stuck at the bottom of the globe and not able to make use of the chap at PCW who does all this amazing work, can anyone detail exactly what this mod involves? I have a sports exhaust on my 2017 RS3 Sedan so just looking at the possible backbox mod, but would like to know what I'm asking for when I march in to my local exhaust shop.

Are there any pics of the mod prior to the box being welded shut again?

Help an Aussie out! :earthasiaaus:

Interested in doing this on my stage 2 Mrc car (already got dp)
Have an rs sappers system and wondering if it will make it too loud when normal day to day use in dynamic

also will it affect the car in anyway if I go stage 3?
(More or less back pressure)