Exhaust polishing knowledge

Webbo

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Need your wisdom on what products and how to approach doing my neglected exhaust ends..... help and guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

100s of threads on this. Autosol with a MF cloth or 000 wool if very bad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Use some wheel cleaner along with some sort of wheel brush firstly then tar remover,this should break down a lot of soot,then use Aluminium autosol, not the one for stainless steel...too abrasive, dont use wire wool along with autosol as you'll scratch the chrome all too ****....you can get microfiber cones that attach to a cordless drill...this'll save a lot of elbow grease ....

Reactions: daytonamart, V6_Man and NevMan
I have used Autosol on my S4 as well as A3 and most recently tried Bar Keepers Friend on the neglected A3 exhust tips and tbh I was blown away. They were not touch in over a year and since I detailed the car last year.

Bar Keepers was recommended by @A4A4, it didn't require to much of elbow grease at all however and as @jassyo06 mentioned above I did use BH Alloy cleaner on the exhaust tips while washing it just to breakdown the soot.

1e4cb56efd61b5be6e03f6e30f220db5.jpg

Reactions: A4A4
Yep bar keepers is fantastic

I used tar remover first

Metal polish & a cheap £1.00 cone shaped toilet brush from Aldi or Liddle. Cut the handle in half & then clamp it in the chuck of an electric drill & a quick & easy way to clean the inside of the exhaust.

Reactions: CHEZ