Exhaust system

George_P

Reaction score
After 1 years and 8 months of owning FL s3 hatchback I have decided to upgrade stock exhaust. Dont mind the performance but would like to get the sound. Before you all slate me here, I know there are loads of posts here. Can you recommend something that won't break my bank account and add some noise.

Thank you

Reactions: BCS Nige and pburv
There is loads on here about fitting the mid box delete (Resonator delete) I was nervous about cutting my exhaust and fitting it... "will it be too loud" will it sound SH$T" etc, but went for it (normal without the anti drone) and am well happy. it sounds like I think it should have from factory.
There is a lot of talk here too about it being droney on the 6speed but I dont think so under 70mph anyway. not to a point where id worry about it. perhaps it will with the valves open too. Just get another genuine or at least good quality clamp as you will need 2 when putting it back together.
Its also a DIY job if you can get under the car, but a decent garage shouldnt charge much to fit it.

Reactions: pburv
REV II BCS Powervalve Centre Delete pipe about to be launched ;-)
Cheers
Nige

Following our continual development protocol, Powervalve is pleased to announce the introduction of the REV III centre silencer delete pipe for the AUDI S3 8V/Y platform.
The all-new Powervalve REV III centre delete goes a long way to improving the stock note...

The new design now paves the way for the introduction of our non-valved rear silencer for the first time, which is geared to filling the hole created by the need for a superb sound upgrade that goes way beyond that of the stock system.
The clever part of the new design enables it to allow the flaps to be coded open full-time whilst still removing all the drones associated with this mod
In addition, the design will allow the new rear silencer to be added as an upgrade to enhance further still the sound improvement...

Thanks for looking.
Nige
BCS Powervalve
www.powervalve.co.uk

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    734.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 55
This sounds brilliant Nige.

I had a straight through non j-pipe res delete on my 3 door, which was fine until I disabled the flaps, which was fine until motorway speeds where it droned constantly. I always thought it would be nice without the drone but with the flaps disabled and res removed.

Reactions: BCS Nige