Exhaust valve control module

Would it make much difference to the standard exhaust? All videos on line have it connected to the aftermarket systems.

Presume the same result as others have done with disconnecting the valve controllers so just a bit of a deeper tone?

Reactions: Jsmills
Any additional feedback in these exhaust valve control modules? Thanks

Just unplug the valves if you want more noise all the time, costs nothing and can be reconnected when ever you want

Reactions: SRB93
my understanding is there product is not necessary as you can set up the car to start with the exhaust valves open in the individual setting.

if you set engine noise to dynamic in the individual setting then it starts with both valves open

someone on an american forum sent in photos showing this was the case

it works on my vehicle

my understanding is there product is not necessary as you can set up the car to start with the exhaust valves open in the individual setting.

if you set engine noise to dynamic in the individual setting then it starts with both valves open

someone on an american forum sent in photos showing this was the case

it works on my vehicle
In dynamic the valves only open after 3k rpm, you need the gearbox in sport to open all the time

thats not what I have experienced. With my individual settings the car is a lot louder when it starts than if i select automatic in the car set up.

thats not what I have experienced. With my individual settings the car is a lot louder when it starts than if i select automatic in the car set up.
When you start the car, all the valves are open for abit, then close to which ever setting you are in, S on the gearbox is the only way to have the valves open all the time

S4 valves definitely open fully from idle in Dynamic mode. I can see (and hear!) them open when I switch modes, that includes selecting them to be open in individual mode.

S4 valves definitely open fully from idle in Dynamic mode. I can see (and hear!) them open when I switch modes, that includes selecting them to be open in individual mode.

That's what I experience as well. Hence why I think the product linked to is not necessary

Reactions: Daggerit
Yeah. As mentioned though, apart from them being open for cold start, they will close after regardless of the mode that you started in.

You then have to cycle between modes to reopen the valves. You might get the same effect by putting the transmission in S mode but I can’t confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be very interesting to get the feedback of someone who tried it on a S4 / S5.
Lots of RS3 owners seem to be using these modules.