SQ5 Exhaust

banchory

Reaction score
what size are exhaust tips on SQ5, need new ones.
Thanks

what size are exhaust tips on SQ5, need new ones.
Thanks

Mine, on a 2016 diesel SQ5, are: 90mm x 72mm (outside diameter measurement) x 135mm long:

SQ5 EXH Pipes

What's the issue with your current tips?

I would like to fit the tips from the SQ5 plus. I'm thinking the actual exhaust will be the same so just a cosmetic difference maybe?

Thanks mate,same car.

No problem but check here: https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+q5/aq5/2016-751/2/253-253090/

Interestingly, the TDi system (in the link above) shows 'fixed' tail pipe trims while the petrol version shows them loose, however, when you search for the 'trim' part number (item #16) in the petrol version none is shown... :whip:

I've just repainted my RS3 (removable) tailpipes in a matt black (Hycote Matt Black) - ok with a slight sheen:

RS3 matt black tail pipes

and for sure if and when the time comes I'll be doing the same with the SQ5

PS: I used an acid etch primer + isolator primer and then the Hycote, job done... :thumbs up:

Reactions: -Ju-
What's the issue with your current tips?

I would like to fit the tips from the SQ5 plus. I'm thinking the actual exhaust will be the same so just a cosmetic difference maybe?
Yes mate want black ones.

No problem but check here: https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+q5/aq5/2016-751/2/253-253090/

Interestingly, the TDi system (in the link above) shows 'fixed' tail pipe trims while the petrol version shows them loose, however, when you search for the 'trim' part number (item #16) in the petrol version none is shown... :whip:

I've just repainted my RS3 (removable) tailpipes in a matt black (Hycote Matt Black) - ok with a slight sheen:

and for sure if and when the time comes I'll be doing the same with the SQ5

PS: I used an acid etch primer + isolator primer and then the Hycote, job done... :thumbs up:
Thanks doing same.

@45bvtc Damn you and your RS3 lol

Looks great:icon thumright:

You say the nicest thing Ju, and humbly accepted, thank you :hi:

Hope all is well with you and yours

Repainted the SQ5 brake disc hubs and vents yesterday with the 'same' acid etch primer:

SQ5 brake disc acisd etch 1 SQ5 brake disc acisd etch 2

Didn't really need re-doing after 12-months or so but I was getting seriously bored...

So bored I polished the wheel bolt heads too... :sadlike:

PS: the Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads are still doing good, 100% recommendation here... :racer:

Maybe I should get mine painted but they never really bother me until someone posts a "look at my freshly painted hubs" post lol.
I don't know wether you saw the thread

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/eliminate-diesel-clatter-cduc-cdud-3-0tdi.381051/

Mine had seemed to have lost some of its sparkle since I bought it and sounded more like a diesel than I remember.
After reading that thread I took mine apart and wow what a mess.
All cleaned up now and the car is transformed. Back to a smooth sounding big engined car and more responsive.
May be another thing for you to polish when you get bored haha

Reactions: 45bvtc
Maybe I should get mine painted but they never really bother me until someone posts a "look at my freshly painted hubs" post lol.
I don't know wether you saw the thread

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/eliminate-diesel-clatter-cduc-cdud-3-0tdi.381051/

Mine had seemed to have lost some of its sparkle since I bought it and sounded more like a diesel than I remember.
After reading that thread I took mine apart and wow what a mess.
All cleaned up now and the car is transformed. Back to a smooth sounding big engined car and more responsive.
May be another thing for you to polish when you get bored haha

Missed that one, Ju, interesting, very interesting. I've had a quick look and not that Karl (desertstorm) has commented, Karl lives close by. I drove Karl's car a few years back and was seriously impressed! Our SQ5 remains 'sweet' however with zero issues (it does get lots of exercise :racer:) but for sure I'll be taking a look see - but not this next week as it's a multi hospital visit/appointment/chemo-treatment week.

Reactions: paul wev
M but not this next week as it's a multi hospital visit/appointment/chemo-treatment week.

Best wishes and I still hope things are moving in the right direction:icon thumright:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interesting, I never even thought they would be welded on. I just thought they'd be push clipped on as the S3 were!

Interesting, I never even thought they would be welded on. I just thought they'd be push clipped on as the S3 were!

Same as our TT, Ju, the blighters are welded in situ - another PLUS for the 8P RS3, lol... :yahoo:

Yeah I popped all 4 of the S3 ones off and gave them a good clean, thought the SQ5 would be the same.
Good job they don't get dirty then!
Looks like I'm not bothering with some plus tips now though:bye:

Yeah I popped all 4 of the S3 ones off and gave them a good clean, thought the SQ5 would be the same.
Good job they don't get dirty then!
Looks like I'm not bothering with some plus tips now though:bye:

For sure easier to paint than swap over!
Stay SAFE, hope you and yours (H) and the job are all doing OK... :hi: