Exporting A6 to Perth, Aus

ex-vag

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience or knows anyone who has exported their car to Australia? We'll be relocating in March and I don't want to sell my beloved A6, especially after checking out second hand values over there and seeing that they're considerably higher than here.
Even if I do sell to buy over there, I won't get much for my 2007 model, so am thinking of taking it with me. I've been told that I need to get this and that checked/installed over there, I'm guessing it won't be too different to the VOSA and MOT that you have to do when importing a car over to UK, but additional things like de-gassing the aircon here and having fixing points for car seats installed in the boot once there.....

Any information that you could provide is gratefully received!

Cheers

Yes, speak to Sarah, she's really helpful! I tried to help a mate export a BMW 1-series, but he was refused an export certificate, so I'm not sure what qualifies? You need to own the car for 2 years minimum whilst it's over there also.

Thanks guys! I'll drop her a PM and see what she did. On the car ownership side, you have to own your car for 12 month prior to exporting, that much I did find out, along with the shipping costs. Just after the requirements and costs after docking.

Cheers

Last edited:
i exported a car to Oz back in 1995, have all your docs here ready and ship them with the car and hand them in when you reg the car there, if im right, you wont pay taxes on a car that is 10 years old or more or if you have owned it for 6 months or more, the car transporters over here will be able to tell you what the state of play is nowadays,

Just sent you a PM, hope it helps. If you need anything more just shout. Its a long winded process but well worth doing it! Its a great feeling driving in your own car believe me!

Good luck and safe journey.

phew its hot!!!!! lol