Extended Ambient Light Pack - Gone?

I have a raised floor but it appears no height adjustment, but I do have a spare wheel so it probably couldn’t go any lower.

yes I meant the climate control screen itself.

The climate screen itself does not change colour. The storage area underneath changes to the ambient setting. That is what you must be thinking of.

Reactions: helicopter_red and RichK
The climate screen itself does not change colour. The storage area underneath changes to the ambient setting. That is what you must be thinking of.
Yes the storage area below does change colour with the ambient lighting pack

Reactions: helicopter_red
Could you share a picture of the bit that can be adjusted? Mine sits level with bumper but cannot see anything lower to slot into.
was your car ordered with a spare wheel?
The bits at the front plastic things slide out but not really had a chance to look properly to be honest.

Could you share a picture of the bit that can be adjusted? Mine sits level with bumper but cannot see anything lower to slot into.
was your car ordered with a spare wheel?
The bits at the front plastic things slide out but not really had a chance to look properly to be honest.
Yes, my spare wheel was factory fitted. The instructions for lowering the boot floor are on page 86 of the manual.

Reactions: helicopter_red
Regarding the climate control I have definitely seen pictures of two different versions but cannot verify if it was extended ligh pack or not, I will have to look it up. I’m not bothered by it but was just something I thought was different.
Yes, my spare wheel was factory fitted. The instructions for lowering the boot floor are on page 86 of the manual.
thanks I would have a proper look when I next get a chance. Cheers

Base models have Manual air conditioning, single zone, the rest have dual zone climate control - not related to the light pack being chosen or not

What part are you referring to? The climate control screen itself?

You don't have the boot false floor? That should be standard across every A3... I'd speak to Audi about that as that hasn't been removed AFIK...
This what mine looks like doesn’t seem to be any height adjustment? Not that I can work out anyway.

Attachments

• FBC003A8-9F8D-4E6A-AC19-180B8A38125E.jpeg
    FBC003A8-9F8D-4E6A-AC19-180B8A38125E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 130
  • E6E330AC-10E2-4C29-9C9B-85B4AA6FD303.jpeg
    E6E330AC-10E2-4C29-9C9B-85B4AA6FD303.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
What’s happened? I’ve not been catching up with things since enquiring about an s3 in January. Can you not even get the comfort and sound pack how either? Is it just suppy issues?

Looks like all this has been removed too for standard sline and edition 1:
Ambient door lighting front and rear
- Entry lights on the underside of the front doors
- Centre console storage compartment illuminated
- Front footwell lighting
These options can be retrofitted.

Anyone know why they’ve removed the extended ambient pack? Surely there isn’t now a shortage of leds lol? Comfort and sound is still there. I’m not sure what else is missing that I’m forgetting. Should I just wait until things are added back?

Anyone know why they’ve removed the extended ambient pack? Surely there isn’t now a shortage of leds lol? Comfort and sound is still there. I’m not sure what else is missing that I’m forgetting. Should I just wait until things are added back?
Last time I read about this the wiring looms were in a factory in ukraine, which has caused a delay. I guess they can't meet the demand for the lighting pack and using the components on that for other parts of the car to get through orders quicker. I've got the lighting pack on mime before it was removed so I am hoping it is still there.

Last time I read about this the wiring looms were in a factory in ukraine, which has caused a delay. I guess they can't meet the demand for the lighting pack and using the components on that for other parts of the car to get through orders quicker. I've got the lighting pack on mime before it was removed so I am hoping it is still there.
So when in the process am I guaranteed all the extras that I’ve ordered? Do you get confirmation soon after ordering or not until months down the line?

So when in the process am I guaranteed all the extras that I’ve ordered? Do you get confirmation soon after ordering or not until months down the line?
For me it will be months down the line. Tried asking my leaser about it but they cam only see my order details. Won't really know what's there until the car goes into production. There were a few posts here about extras such as parking sensors and lighting pack missing and Audi issued £100 as a goodwill gesture.

For me it will be months down the line. Tried asking my leaser about it but they cam only see my order details. Won't really know what's there until the car goes into production. There were a few posts here about extras such as parking sensors and lighting pack missing and Audi issued £100 as a goodwill gesture.
Can you cancel the order and get all money back if some options are missing? Or do you have to still have the car? I only want it If I get all my options

Can you cancel the order and get all money back if some options are missing? Or do you have to still have the car? I only want it If I get all my options
You probably could cancel but it's not really worth it after waiting that long. Audi will just sell the car to another custimer. If you're annoyed about the options not being on your car you could just sell the car when it arrives and get something else.

Do Audi usually add options like this back on once they start coming in to stock again or do you think they will just discontinue?

Do Audi usually add options like this back on once they start coming in to stock again or do you think they will just discontinue?
The wireless charger still hasn’t come back (one of the first to be dropped over a year ago). Other manufacturers are shipping cars with them. So I guess not!

It’s going to end up being a Technik spec if they keep this up

Reactions: Wxm and Saral
I know the extended ambient lighting pack has gone, but does anyone know if a year old s line would have had any ambient lighting as standard apart from what they have now, glove compartment etc? I'm really meaning along the dash etc, even white?

I know the extended ambient lighting pack has gone, but does anyone know if a year old s line would have had any ambient lighting as standard apart from what they have now, glove compartment etc? I'm really meaning along the dash etc, even white?
Cars without extended dont have anything on dash

Reactions: AdamInKent
They have white lights illuminating the door cards. I’m pretty sure there’s a night interior pic of a standard S-Line in the photos thread.
It is in my other thread
Its white but not on dash and looks.crap

It is in my other thread
Its white but not on dash and looks.crap
I guess it’s intended to be more for practical use rather than good looks. Personally, I quite like the standard S-Line illumination (but I say that as someone who deliberately chose not to upgrade to the ambient lighting pack back when it was an available option).

I guess it’s intended to be more for practical use rather than good looks. Personally, I quite like the standard S-Line illumination (but I say that as someone who deliberately chose not to upgrade to the ambient lighting pack back when it was an available option).
Extended was only 110

I didn’t think it was worth it £110 to me. I guess, what I’m trying to say, is that not everyone finds the ambient light pack desirable.
understand but for that small amount its better to have it then not :p you can always switch it off

To sell it faster or one day decide to put it on as make cars looking more modern
I keep my cars for long enough that ambient lighting will have no impact on the resale price or speed of sale. So, for me, paying >£100 for something I don't want or need would be a waste of £100. Far better to put the money towards something I did want, like the nicer alloy wheels.

At the end of the day, we all value different things (which is why car makers offer a range of additional options and why Audi have not built ambient lighting into most (if not all) of the default trim levels). Not all of us want our car lit up like a Christmas tree.

Reactions: STmichael
Just been checking the Audi configurator and noticed that this option seems to have disappeared. Reversing sensors are still there. I ordered my S Line last September with this option and was told by my leasing company 2 weeks ago that my car was "in production" so I am hopeful it might have been included. Anybody else been notified of this option's removal?
Just taken delivery of A3 45 TFSie, and mine has had the ambient lighting pack removed.. It was on my order. Had a rant to the dealer who advised Audi have dropped this from new builds since March 2022, as is no longer available as an option. but I did get illuminated vanity mirrors thrown in... !! Lighting pack makes the car inside in my opinion....

Just been checking the Audi configurator and noticed that this option seems to have disappeared. Reversing sensors are still there. I ordered my S Line last September with this option and was told by my leasing company 2 weeks ago that my car was "in production" so I am hopeful it might have been included. Anybody else been notified of this option's removal?
Just taken delivery of A3 45 TFSie, and mine has had the ambient lighting pack removed.. It was on my order. Had a rant to the dealer who advised Audi have dropped this from new builds since March 2022, as is no longer available as an option. but I did get illuminated vanity mirrors thrown in... !! Lighting pack makes the car inside in my opinion....
Does anybody know of company that does the lighting as a retrofit?

you got what ?
Does anybody know of company that does the lighting as a retrofit?
kufatwc