Extended warranty costs

No I didn't use it at all, but I see your point. Actually just checked the renewal email more in depth and noticed this part of info in the photos below. Seems that there is a reduced premium for 30days from end of cover and then it increases, which I guess is why I was getting quotes of around £100 higher.

View attachment 149825

View attachment 149826

Have you tried applying an Excess , I thought that reduced premium quite significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ormesome
Have you tried applying an Excess , I thought that reduced premium quite significantly.

Couldn't be bothered with excess. It brought it down only a few £'s and I don't have good experiences with excess. I was in France last year when an old man scrapped my rear bumper. My insurance excess at the time was 750 so if I had claimed I would have lost my no claims bonus and also had to pay the excess. I drove around 6 months with the scrape until I got it smart fixed for 150euros. Ever since iv not done excess on insurance or anything else. More expensive yes, but at least I know its 100% covered.

Reactions: Jimbo10
Couldn't be bothered with excess. It brought it down only a few £'s and I don't have good experiences with excess. I was in France last year when an old man scrapped my rear bumper. My insurance excess at the time was 750 so if I had claimed I would have lost my no claims bonus and also had to pay the excess. I drove around 6 months with the scrape until I got it smart fixed for 150euros. Ever since iv not done excess on insurance or anything else. More expensive yes, but at least I know its 100% covered.

My son has an extended warranty on a VW. An excess of £150 reduces the premium by £130. A high excess on car insurance is typical. I have £600 on my RS4 but only pay £308 a year.

Guys! 1 more bit of advice! wait for the renewal of the warranty to come through. When this thread started, I started to look for quotes again but prices were around 520 for the year. I just got the renewal a few minutes ago, pressed the link and my 4th year quote is 348 for all component cover, £0 excess and 15k miles. CHEAPER than last year by £89.36 :icon thumright:

THIS YEAR:

View attachment 149823

LAST YEAR:

View attachment 149824

Thanks for that. I won't get a renewal through, as the car is just coming out of 3 year warranty. I phone customer services to ask if they send out letter to people asking if you want to extend warranty. No they don't, you have to go on Audi website and buy.

But I'll wait for the week before to se if it comes down. Runs out 20 March.

My son has an extended warranty on a VW. An excess of £150 reduces the premium by £130. A high excess on car insurance is typical. I have £600 on my RS4 but only pay £308 a year.

Think excess on warranty work is a false economy. Have a £150 excess to reduce annual amount by £130. So if it goes in once, it's cost you more than you would have saved having £0 excess. Fine on car insurance, as if you have your £50k car stolen or written off, what's £600?

Agree mate. it can bring it down loads. For me though my insurance premium for £0 excess was only around £90 more than if I was to have £500 excess so it made no sense. I tried to check the exact figure for warranty excess but unfortunately the link has expired and im now getting the quotes that are overpriced

Thanks for that. I won't get a renewal through, as the car is just coming out of 3 year warranty. I phone customer services to ask if they send out letter to people asking if you want to extend warranty. No they don't, you have to go on Audi website and buy.

But I'll wait for the week before to se if it comes down. Runs out 20 March.

You're in the same position I was in last year. Hope it works out ok. The price you quoted beforehand seems about right compared to mine last year of 437. Mine is a 1.6 tdi so naturally less costs for this.

If your car is near 3yrs old then don't forget to add the Audi Assist too. I think there is a special deal if you renew whilst your still covered. From memory I think its £149 for 2yrs full cover which is a bargain as it includes every option including EU cover. If you go direct with the AA then its 3x this price for the 2yrs.
I'm about to take out the warranty after deciding to ditch going stage 2 in favour of the piece of mind.
All components cover comes in at either
£371 with a £100 excess
£446 with no excess
To me either of those are a no brainer as I remember being quoted double that for my 8P S3

My question is regarding the assist, is this something that you have to speak with Audi direct or can it be added online as I don't see the option anywhere?

I'm about to take out the warranty after deciding to ditch going stage 2 in favour of the piece of mind.
All components cover comes in at either
£371 with a £100 excess
£446 with no excess
To me either of those are a no brainer as I remember being quoted double that for my 8P S3

My question is regarding the assist, is this something that you have to speak with Audi direct or can it be added online as I don't see the option anywhere?

You mean Audi Assist? You need to call them, not your dealer though, it’s the Audi general number that’s on the extended warranty and Audi Assist website. Do it before your car turns 3 and I think you get an extra £10 off.

Reactions: -Ju-
I just extended mine at the weekend, £460 with zero excess, up to 15k miles.