Extended warranty

J10NMM

Reaction score
Is it worth it? Mines due in the next week but is it worth it?
The car has 28k on it...

Who took it out?

Mine had 5 year warranty on it when I bought it so still got another year to run on it. I probably won’t extend mine as it’s only on 22k now so can’t see anything going to much wrong with it but I might think differently in another years time. How much are they quoting ?

It depends on if you need the peace of mind.
I had an extended warranty on an Evo before and it NEEDED it.
For me, if you do big mileage, it would be a good idea.
You may never need it on your Audi, but some owners can be unlucky.
I’m considering it at the moment, but I do minuscule mileage.

You need to do more research, do you want Audi warranty or third party?

Remember the extended warranty you buy is different to the factory warranty that you purchase with the car when new.

You need to do more research, do you want Audi warranty or third party?

Remember the extended warranty you buy is different to the factory warranty that you purchase with the car when new.

What’s the difference with the Audi warranty?
It’s the Audi one I’m thinking of priced at just over 400

I’ve taken the Audi extended warranty out recently. I’d rather spend a few hundred now & not need it, than save the few hundred and end up having a huge bill later in the year that I could have avoided.

I’m not itching to do any mods either, as I like the car as it is really & therefore I’m not counting down the days til I can do anything without voiding the warranty.

Guess it’s down to personal preference. Have you had any clutch slips, gearbox judders, error messages, strange noises & behaviours etc that suggest something could be on its way out? That’s another consideration.

Reactions: J10NMM
I would love to do a few retrofits to my car but I'm waiting on the manufactures warranty to run out (2021). Dealers near me are not "retrofit" friendly so not going to risk it. On the Plus side it's saving me a fortune.

I’ve taken the Audi extended warranty out recently. I’d rather spend a few hundred now & not need it, than save the few hundred and end up having a huge bill later in the year that I could have avoided.

I’m not itching to do any mods either, as I like the car as it is really & therefore I’m not counting down the days til I can do anything without voiding the warranty.

Guess it’s down to personal preference. Have you had any clutch slips, gearbox judders, error messages, strange noises & behaviours etc that suggest something could be on its way out? That’s another consideration.

This is what I'm thinking... spend a little now and be thankful for it later if required...