Extra's for fitting Xtrons Headunit

Hi
Just bought joying radio, not installed yet. Your post make me optimistic. I read a lot of stuff about rear speakers not working, sub and so on. About oem subwoofer is connected to the android unit? If i bypass the oem sub and fit a powered boxed sub connected direct to the headunit will work right?

On the xtrons the headunit came with the harness pre wired to power the sub and pre outs for the rears.. literally plug and play

On the xtrons the headunit came with the harness pre wired to power the sub and pre outs for the rears.. literally plug and play

That's good news!! But, as many guys complain about oem sub bass quality , i can still upgrade with another powered sub right?

That's good news!! But, as many guys complain about oem sub bass quality , i can still upgrade with another powered sub right?

Not a standard powered sub I don't think as it's one amp powering the sub and rear speakers so afaik you'd need a passive sub and a separate amp to do the sub and speakers

Ok then... i will fit the double din unit, from that will see.
Thank you

SA95, I’ve ordered an xtrons HU for my A3, going to fit soon. Just wandering what reverse camera did you fit? Would you recommend it? Thanks

Which version as I've fitted some & last one they supplied to client had issues.

Any usb waterproof cam will do if it's got android drivers/app that supports it.

Looks like PNP unit with integrated bus.

Guys,

I’ve recently just bought this (ICE/HU/IB89A3APL) head unit for my S3 2010 with Bose and RNS-E.

I’m struggling massively with alternator whine when the car is started, and it will increase in speed and sound when I increase the revs!

It was literally plug and play for me (factory quad harness straight into back of the unit), other than needing an adaptor for my factory gps.

has anyone got any ideas how I can reduce this sound, as it’s driving me crazy!
Also one other issue... Is anyone else suffering with creating a WiFi hotspot from their iPhone to the unit? Mine is ridiculously temperamental.. anyone know a fix?

Thanks
Liam

Xtrons headaches, had this with a client self purchase.

Grab some isolators.

Reactions: Liam Mitchell
Xtrons headaches, had this with a client self purchase.

Grab some isolators.
Thanks, can you recommend what ones & also how to fit? As I really don’t want to be cutting up the factory harness.

Thanks

I tried this AK/INIB/NRCBL, but unfortunately it would seem it’s incorrect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,
an Android unit is something that I am considering.
As I understand, the problem with the sound quality exists only on BOSE systems?
Mine doesn't have BOSE so hopping there would not be many problems.

Hello all,
an Android unit is something that I am considering.
As I understand, the problem with the sound quality exists only on BOSE systems?
Mine doesn't have BOSE so hopping there would not be many problems.

Unfortunately the problems are not just limited to Bose / non Bose.. It seems a bit like pot luck to me, how much interference you will get!!

Some install with Bose & have no issues, just plug & play and others... (like me) do have issues!

But unfortunately it’s exactly the same for non Bose!

With these cheap units unfortunately there are drawbacks... It’s just then how much time, effort & money you want to spend on making it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With these cheap units unfortunately there are drawbacks... It’s just then how much time, effort & money you want to spend on making it better.
Is there any other option with Android OS that is not a cheap brand but with the OEM look of the RNS-E? Or the best "guaranteed" solution is the RNS-E? (but still no android).

Was thinking for Xtrons as it can feature Android apps (for spotify and google maps), CarPlay with adapter, Torque Pro with adapter and stuff.

I have an xtrons unit which had alternator whine but I got rid of the whine by simply buying some of these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/122248857939
Where the rca speaker cables plug into the back of the unit then I put one of these. Also after the rca speaker cables have come out of the unit they then go into a little circuit board that is heatshrinked so I again put one of these on the cables after they come out of that little circuit board and now the sound is crystal clear.
The problem is that these Chinese units are poorly made and they don’t have much shielding inside them so things interfere. By putting these beads on the cables they are magnetic and draw the interference out.
Also I would advise putting electrical tape around all the connections behind the unit especially ones that aren’t being used as these will attract noise and interference.

Reactions: George Kost
Ordered the xtrons PBX79AA3 thismorning for my Audi A3 8p 2009 hoping I can get it up and going fairly handy. Seen somthing about if it's a non Bose speaker system you have to do some jiggery pokery with the rear speaker cables.

Anyone had to do this?

And ab1702 what cable diameter did you go for when getting those magnets.. may get some just incase

Interesting solution @ab1702. I have some RCA adapter things, but I find the whine is somewhat still there, buuuuuut I am not 110% convinced as to where the signal is being affected. *bare with me*

I have full bose in the car, for which ALL sound goes through the amp etc. I find that when I have the whine, and I crank the volume the whine DOESN'T get louder, it just gets drowned by music etc. Logic would say to me, if the whine was in the rca's pre-amplification, it should get louder when I turn up the volume right, or am I missing something?

I am not sure whether you noticed the above scenario before you applied your shields, or if isn't too much hassle can try and reproduce when you have a moment

Hello Guys, havent been on here for while. Ive also upgrade my rnse to a xtrons unit. Everything works really good and sound quality is amazing. However i have the whiing huming noises through speakers when engine is on and nothing playing. i have Bose system too. I understand that rca ground loop filters can solve this but my question is how do you connect rca when the all the cables are via quadlock plug? or am i missing something?

Hello Guys, havent been on here for while. Ive also upgrade my rnse to a xtrons unit. Everything works really good and sound quality is amazing. However i have the whiing huming noises through speakers when engine is on and nothing playing. i have Bose system too. I understand that rca ground loop filters can solve this but my question is how do you connect rca when the all the cables are via quadlock plug? or am i missing something?

Hello Guys ignore this. I found a solution from another thread by Jason hui. I'll give that a go:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-a3-8p-aftermarket-android-problems.274954/page-2