Extreme Parking

jaypers777

Reaction score
Starting to think I'm taking my careful parking obsession too far.......

IMG 0430

However, it was nice to see another S3 keeping me company when I got back........

IMG 0431

Anyone beat that?!!

• Haha
Reactions: V6_Man, 45bvtc, henkkeumus and 37 others
Hereford right? I parked in the same space when I was on a course the other day!

Obviously- Looks so similar though. Same trees, surroundings and parking surface!

I do that then when I come back some prune has parked right next to me. What's that all about?

Reactions: mark351, albu, Minion Bob! and 3 others
Always park furthest away from others in car parks I'm so Un sociable lol

Reactions: albu
I used to do this, however no matter where I park someone ends up next to me anyway, I reckon on purpose.

Reactions: mark351, Mythos, robps3 and 2 others
I once parked on the 12th (top floor) of a multi-storey car park when there were largely no other cars above floor 8.

I found that there was not a ticket machine near where I parked and so walked down the ramp to the 11th and then 10th floor, slipped over backwards on a painted curb and shattered my wrist - still drove to hospital and then home in plaster (with a stop for petrol)

Reactions: AudiNutta, pistol pete, RedTurtle and 2 others
I once parked on the 12th (top floor) of a multi-storey car park when there were largely no other cars above floor 8.

I found that there was not a ticket machine near where I parked and so walked down the ramp to the 11th and then 10th floor, slipped over backwards on a painted curb and shattered my wrist - still drove to hospital and then home in plaster (with a stop for petrol)
I lol'ed sorry :sorry:

Reactions: Wemo 1973, Splathead and RedTurtle
Just parked like this in a tesco car park. No cars for at least 10-15 spaces. Came back out and a some crappy little Toyota with a spare wheel had parked badly next to me!

Why?!?!

Reactions: FBF01 and irowpod
I've always used the extreme ( furthest away ) parking method. The missus use to moan and criticise me for it. But the evidence spoke for its self and she has developed this for of OCD too. But I've at the moment a three year old car with not a single door ding.

I go for spots too where the "garden" stop/ starts, going right up to the kerb and protecting one side. I know, I know, I'm a sad sad person, but I'd rather keep the doors ding free.

Reactions: mark351, robps3 and irowpod
I've always used the extreme ( furthest away ) parking method. The missus use to moan and criticise me for it. But the evidence spoke for its self and she has developed this for of OCD too. But I've at the moment a three year old car with not a single door ding.

I go for spots too where the "garden" stop/ starts, going right up to the kerb and protecting one side. I know, I know, I'm a sad sad person, but I'd rather keep the doors ding free.
Yes, yes, yes..........I'm not crazy after all. Thank you for confirming this. I also like the "garden" stop/start approach. Also, what I didn't mention in my original photo is that there is a very slight and gentle ledge on the far side. I actually parked into this in order to give extra space between my car and the line/space next to me.

Ok.....I concede.........maybe I need help!

Reactions: Devon A3
Just parked like this in a tesco car park. No cars for at least 10-15 spaces. Came back out and a some crappy little Toyota with a spare wheel had parked badly next to me!

Why?!?!

Talking about little Toyota's this one was parked by a lady , I initially thought she was quickly posting a letter .

Coming back from town it was still there !

I don't know if this is a result of previous kerb rash or a genuine parking disability but I have never seen a car parked so far away from a kerb before .

This is made worse by the Highway Codes rule of no parking opposite a junction !

2015 03 14 084700

Talking about little Toyota's this one was parked by a lady , I initially thought she was quickly posting a letter .

Coming back from town it was still there !

I don't know if this is a result of previous kerb rash or a genuine parking disability but I have never seen a car parked so far away from a kerb before .

This is made worse by the Highway Codes rule of no parking opposite a junction !

View attachment 53643

I was having a chat about that rule with our local PCSO. I was asking why they didn't ticket people opposite junctions and with in what ever the distance is. His reply was, " if we did it for one we'd have to do it for everyone ". Unbelievable !!! I couldn't be bothered to reply, but if they see something like that that should be doing it anyway. Simply letting them do it !!! GGRRR it pee's me off something wicked.

What is a garden Stop start method?

Well, let's see if I can explain it.

When your in a car park it's where the last marked bay is, usually by the side is a wood chipped / shrubbery area all kept in place by kerb stones. So you can park tight up to the kerb, get out in the shrubbery and leave a decent space to the lines of the next bay.

TERRIBLE OCD !!

Reactions: TomBlueS3 and JohnM100
Well, let's see if I can explain it.

When your in a car park it's where the last marked bay is, usually by the side is a wood chipped / shrubbery area all kept in place by kerb stones. So you can park tight up to the kerb, get out in the shrubbery and leave a decent space to the lines of the next bay.

TERRIBLE OCD !!
Hahaha what I did yesterday at work and always do , didn't know it had a name besides OCD

lol I always look at where/how the other cars are parked and visualize how they are going to get out of the space that they are in, then I do a risk assessment to see how likely they are to hit my car! If there is any chance I move elsewhere :)

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
If I cant find a space I'm comfortable with I'll go home.............. 'er indoors is never pleased about that.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX, AudiNutta, nervus and 2 others
I've always parked where (hopefully) no-one can accidently ding my doors or bodywork - parking next to cars with baby seats in is an absolute no-no! Often these places are the furthest away one can get and my missus used to moan like hell.

That is until she got her brand new A1 a few months back, and suddenly she does the same............"just in case"

LOL!

Reactions: albu
Simples - irrespective of where in the car park I park next to the cleanest/newest cars I can find and avoid the old bangers and the ones with mountains of KFC boxes on the dash I

Reactions: voorhees
Went to Costco today, 36 x ultra plush microfiber towels for £10.78 40.6cm x 40.6cm. Can't go wrong even if you only use them once and then bin them for that price!!!

Didn't take any chances on parking though :) Well away from everyone and uphill of the trolley park ;)

Costco

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, JohnM100, Madmo and 2 others
..Can you do better?

The wife wasn't very happy lol :D

Most people want to park close to where they are staying:

Others don't mind a short walk:

I decided to opt for the Audi-Sport.net parking spot lmao :D

And yes I made sure the stuff under the cover wasn't in use...it was old...very old. I also checked the tree for any obvious broken/loose branches! ;) What we do to keep them safe!!! :p

Reactions: Broonie22, Audi Bairn, mcwharam and 12 others
..Can you do better?

The wife wasn't very happy lol :D

Most people want to park close to where they are staying:

View attachment 59368

Others don't mind a short walk:

View attachment 59369

I decided to opt for the Audi-Sport.net parking spot lmao :D

View attachment 59371

And yes I made sure the stuff under the cover wasn't in use...it was old...very old. I also checked the tree for any obvious broken/loose branches! ;) What we do to keep them safe!!! :p
Dont you actually worry about it being way too far from eye sight and could be easily get into somebodys hands without anyone noticing?

Did you check the tree for birds. I parked on my friend's drive last week and ended up with a red and white roof!!

Dont you actually worry about it being way too far from eye sight and could be easily get into somebodys hands without anyone noticing?
Nope, because there was a monitored cctv camera and floodlight pointing straight at it from just behind where I was standing to take the pic ;) When we came out this morning there was a white Audi A5 convertible parked 3 spaces down from me (which I pointed out to the other half :p). Even without cameras, I'd rather take the chance of parking further away over coming out to find some idiot has dented the entire side because they can't park and then just driven off!

Did you check the tree for birds. I parked on my friend's drive last week and ended up with a red and white roof!!

I would have done, but I'd left the 12 bore at home :p

You do know that some lonely car will be parked next to yours when you return

lol I must have subconsciously posted...forgot all about your one :)

need them merging by a mod.

Reactions: jaypers777
Same issue each day at work, conducted an awesome lonely-park the other day though, well chuffed, then realised the tree sap was not factored into this, it was like the windscreen wipers were made of sand paper!

A few years ago I parked in a PC world car park in Hull at 8 in the morning it was virtually empty. 15 minutes later having just bought the latest Tomb Raider (said it was sometime ago) I emerged from the store to find a young mum struggling to get a child out of the rear seat because she had parked to close to me. I stood watching and waiting to get into my car, when she noticed me I said "why" to which she just shrugged her shoulders.

Reactions: umm, Rob2k68 and RYuill
Parked as normal in the work car park yesterday between 2 already parked cars. To be honest my car was maybe 1-2 inches off centre to the left but still at least 4-5 inches inside the white line, gap to drivers door of the other car meant it was a squeeze but. as I have folding mirrors should be no problem, type of space we always have to squeeze into from time to time to get into our cars

Anyway...comes out of work to find a note on the windscreen berating my bad inconsiderate parking, complementing me on my nice car but threatening to damage it next time.......he left a phone number and I was gonna call him or send him a photo of my car in relation to the white lines, but life's to short.....KNOB

Anyway...comes out of work to find a note on the windscreen berating my bad inconsiderate parking, complementing me on my nice car but threatening to damage it next time.......

Ohhh red rag to a bull :boxing: Keep the note though, if you do come out one day and find damage take it straight to the police! The intent was there...no need to say when the note had been left lol :)

Reactions: slayaz and elpaulio
Went to my nans. Unfortunately parking there involves many massive trees with lots of birds and leaves etc so outcome some old bed sheets! Paintwork was clean as when I got there well worth the effort !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 679
Reactions: Djs3saloon and Muttley75
I want one of these...Thunderbirds style or what lol

Reactions: HectorS3, Pinky1959, SeoTFSI and 14 others