Extreme Parking

Good spot at Waitrose today =)

67ADD04E 4EDA 4C41 AC67 F758AA5A177E

Reactions: 45bvtc and pburv
Not really extreme parking but local train station bays are ****** narrow! Only way round it is to park right at the end, which usually works as no one wants to walk that far
They say they're normal size but the bay is literally the width of my car!

Pictures make it seem like there's more room when in actuality the bay is ever so slightly wider than my car, if someone parks next to you I wouldn't be able to get in my car!
5966dea7f405694418859b17f5977099.jpg
f40037873bebee87d1684f9a772d024f.jpg

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Not really extreme parking but local train station bays are ****** narrow! Only way round it is to park right at the end, which usually works as no one wants to walk that far
They say they're normal size but the bay is literally the width of my car!

Pictures make it seem like there's more room when in actuality the bay is ever so slightly wider than my car, if someone parks next to you I wouldn't be able to get in my car!
5966dea7f405694418859b17f5977099.jpg
f40037873bebee87d1684f9a772d024f.jpg

Think I read somewhere that the width of parking spaces were based on an old old old 5 series BMW many moon back and haven't changed since! Today's 3 series BMW is wider than the 5 series the spaces were made for!

Reactions: Adam14
Drove around in IKEA's parking lot for 15 minuts to get this spot - worth it though! (Sorry for the Insta stuff).

3F258E38 52DF 43DC A998 A8B19B0CA3E2

Reactions: N.J.H, Leevr, S32B and 1 other person
Think I read somewhere that the width of parking spaces were based on an old old old 5 series BMW many moon back and haven't changed since! Today's 3 series BMW is wider than the 5 series the spaces were made for!
Makes a lot of "sense", it's quite an old train station. Beggars belief how some are happy to squeeze their car between two cars with a bay this size, and you see them trying to squeeze out the door...all the while their car door is resting/banging against the one next to it . Horrible.

My special spot in the local waitrose:
46BC94E9 2A4E 4E6D BBC3 30D6175B4838

Reactions: 45bvtc, JohnM100, jrumball and 7 others
The bikes in shrubs? Seriously poor attitude bro. Not impressed. Retribution awaits

BMW driver dont get it almost empty car pa9r then choose to park on pavement deserve to get car **** up
a74fc4f2f8125fec3c0d101b9960b867.jpg
b6d266481b33aab95e2676c4cf9e2d8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: voorhees
BMW driver dont get it almost empty car pa9r then choose to park on pavement deserve to get car **** up
Yep, some people are basically lazy and not prepared to walk the length of themselves if they can help it.
Looking at the red car(Peugeot possibly)....can it get any closer to the kerb? :D

Earlier in the week I drove the wife to the local Tesco Express for some essentials, I parked away from the main entrance! The car park had loads of spaces, yet this numpty parked right next to me :blink: I put my window down and elbow out so that he could see me! he had to squeeze out of his car to not hit mine with his door, he then had to squeeze past my mirror and in doing so his ar5e hit my mirror :wtf: He turned and looked at me, the look I gave him said enough :D I would have said something but he was holding his keys (as if you were unlocking a door) so I thought he could key my bonnet if I say anything obscene :p

I'm just glad I was in the car, I bet if I wasn't he would have just ploughed his door right into the side of my car without a care in the world.
What annoys me the most is that he had plenty of options! spaces to either side of me as well!!!
1 idiot

Idiot

Earlier in the week I drove the wife to the local Tesco Express for some essentials, I parked away from the main entrance! The car park had loads of spaces, yet this numpty parked right next to me :blink: I put my window down and elbow out so that he could see me! he had to squeeze out of his car to not hit mine with his door, he then had to squeeze past my mirror and in doing so his ar5e hit my mirror :wtf: He turned and looked at me, the look I gave him said enough :D I would have said something but he was holding his keys (as if you were unlocking a door) so I thought he could key my bonnet if I say anything obscene

I'm just glad I was in the car, I bet if I wasn't he would have just ploughed his door right into the side of my car without a care in the world.
What annoys me the most is that he had plenty of options! spaces to either side of me as well!!!
View attachment 200315

View attachment 200314
Judging by the state of his car I think you're right! Plenty of scratches from the looks of things reckon he'd have been fine dinging your door if you weren't there.

Reactions: S32B
Earlier in the week I drove the wife to the local Tesco Express for some essentials, I parked away from the main entrance! The car park had loads of spaces, yet this numpty parked right next to me :blink: I put my window down and elbow out so that he could see me! he had to squeeze out of his car to not hit mine with his door, he then had to squeeze past my mirror and in doing so his ar5e hit my mirror :wtf: He turned and looked at me, the look I gave him said enough :D I would have said something but he was holding his keys (as if you were unlocking a door) so I thought he could key my bonnet if I say anything obscene :p

View attachment 200315

View attachment 200314
I really have a hatred for people who park next to me when there’s loads of other spaces elsewhere and you’ve taken special effort to park out of the way, like why do they do it! :wtf:

Reactions: The_Ironist, KenL, CHEZ and 1 other person
I really have a hatred for people who park next to me when there’s loads of other spaces elsewhere and you’ve taken special effort to park out of the way, like why do they do it! :wtf:
I don't think this guy had a brain to give him the ability to think! Why would you park that close to someone and make it so hard for yourself to get out of the car, when there are plenty of spaces with nothing either side!?!?! It just doesn't make any sense at all :blink:

Reactions: The_Ironist, Ron240 and Bells
I don't think this guy had a brain to give him the ability to think! Why would you park that close to someone and make it so hard for yourself to get out of the car, when there are plenty of spaces with nothing either side!?!?! It just doesn't make any sense at all :blink:
I know very few things wind me up more haha and it’s always a people carrier for me the worst type, dread kids flinging their doors open :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: S32B
Looking at the red car(Peugeot possibly)....can it get any closer to the kerb? :D

Looks to be a rare mk1 Peugeot 106

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s got to be intentional, frankly unless they are completely stupid they know you have parked there in the hope no one parks next to you, so they get joy in their sad lives by parking next to you on purpose.

At least in my experience I find this to be the case 9 times out of 10.

Reactions: Bells
So, as you may or may not know, I been polishing the be Jesus out of my car this week.
I needed to go to Tesco.
Parked in a row of empty spaces, only to come back to this.
Livid was not in it, and I waited a full 50mins to give the owner a mouthful
0785b982e7137cfc1ea281cd0102d029.jpg
ba178623c86952ec894c8eb0eeec67b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bells and pburv
So, as you may or may not know, I been polishing the be Jesus out of my car this week.
I needed to go to Tesco.

Some people are genuinely braindead

Reactions: pburv and CHEZ
I needed to go to Tesco.

I bet they couldn't have give a toss, or were completely oblivious to what they had done

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and CHEZ
:wtf: why...just why?

What did you say to them and what was their reply? Man or woman, young or old?

Reactions: JohnM100 and pburv
:wtf: why...just why?

What did you say to them and what was their reply? Man or woman, young or old?

Old woman, small and fat.
Totally blase about it.
You don't want to know what I said to her lol

Reactions: S32B, Bells, pburv and 1 other person
Old woman, small and fat.
Totally blase about it.
You don't want to know what I said to her lol

Doesn't surprise me in the least, to most people a car is just something to get from A to B. They will never understand how to some people it is so much more.

Of course some people are just *********, with no respect for other people's property.

Reactions: S32B, pburv and CHEZ
Westward Ho! This is car park is slightly off the main drag so a lot quieter.

Still not taking any chances though:
HO 50

• Haha
Reactions: Potterswheel, 45bvtc, JohnM100 and 5 others
Nice quiet spot.......until someone thought it was a good place for their learner driver child to practice slow circuits.

IMG 4375

Reactions: Ron240, pburv, daytonamart and 4 others
Not done one for a while, walking back to my car in Morrisons decided to take one :)

Morrisons

Reactions: BarryG79, Ron240, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
White cars eh! They are ****** everywhere especially Cheshire apparently?:whistle2:
lol never took note that the other one was white as well :D Cheshire set you know :p

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Another random white car in a car park this time at B&Q in Kirkcaldy, but a carefully selected space hugging the nearside kerb. :innocent:
20200905 165658

Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn and Alan66
Looks like a shopping trolley was on the prowl..It had your car in it's sights lol

Nooooo - don’t scare me. I do the mental topographical map for where abandoned trolleys would end up. I learned that lesson when my first ever car was hit by a runaway trolley on the front near side quarter - it wasn’t pretty..

Reactions: pburv
Nooooo - don’t scare me. I do the mental topographical map for where abandoned trolleys would end up. I learned that lesson when my first ever car was hit by a runaway trolley on the front near side quarter - it wasn’t pretty..
I feel your loss mate. lol

Reactions: JohnM100
3 from today...my wife thinks I'm mad...probably right!

• Love
Reactions: Potterswheel, 45bvtc, JohnM100 and 4 others