Extreme Parking

Yeah...You are mad.... lol
lol I wish I could have the attitude of just parking it anywhere and not worrying...but I can't! :( Especially in garden centres that are filled with pensioners!!! :p An old woman hit my mates BMW a while back and tried to drive off, he stopped her to tell her what she'd done...her reply was "Oh it's OK it will polish out", he said he felt like punching her :D went through her insurance and the bill was over £2,000

We went to one yesterday and even my wife commented on the parking! No way I was parking in the space you see below :D I ended up parking out of the way in a gap big enough for 2 cars...when I came out a nice new Porsche was next to me, so they obviously had the same idea as me :)

Nooo

Reminds me...Whilst I was sitting at some road works a Mini went past, seconds later I heard a bang and a crunching noise of alloys vs concrete :D

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Alan66
Looking at the above photo I wouldn't trust most drivers to drive straight down the middle without hitting anything, never mind manoeuvre in and out of a parking space. :anguished:
Seriously, I would take one look at that and say to myself...Nope!

Reactions: pburv, Alan66 and S32B
I suppose 'granny bashing' isn't pc anymore:box:

Reactions: S32B and Alan66
That first pic makes me nervous... too close to the outer line... what if someone parked in-between?

Makes me want to hobble myself so I can get a blue badge and some safe parking....
Furthest spaces away, very rare anyone goes there.

Reactions: pburv and Alan66
Furthest spaces away, very rare anyone goes there.
Yep, always aim furthest away, everyone is too lazy or in too much of a hurry to walk the length of a car park these days. So tends to be safer.

Wouldn't fancy a blue badge, too many people cutting through the spaces with trolleys and bags flying around!

Reactions: pburv, S32B and Alan66
Yep, always aim furthest away, everyone is too lazy or in too much of a hurry to walk the length of a car park these days. So tends to be safer.

Wouldn't fancy a blue badge, too many people cutting through the spaces with trolleys and bags flying around!
Drives my wife mad :p we went walking on Thursday and I thought about this thread :) Guess which is mine??? :p:D

Walk

• Haha
Reactions: 45bvtc, Bells, Jcbmally and 7 others
A super spot at IKEA.

IMG 20200919 125230

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, Bells, daytonamart and 7 others
Seen this poor fella's car on my way out from Stansted Long Stay today. Looks like someone has tried to pry open his bonnet, not sure if successfully as the latches looked like they're still in place. Felt sorry for the owner, looked like the car was cared for (sun cover, parked in the last bay). Wonder what happened!?
P.S. That's why I always take the work vehicle when having to park at airports.

Attachments

• 20200924_002841.jpg
    20200924_002841.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 333
Reactions: pburv
Looks like you just parked there and painted yourself the lines...:thumbs up:

It was definitely a "If Carlsberg did" carparking spaces moment.

Ikea 3

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, daytonamart, dp_motley and 4 others
poor photo as heavily backlit but fave space in this car park was available.....

IMG 4516t

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, dp_motley, BarryG79 and 3 others
IMG 20210213 081558

Reactions: THQuattro, Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and 5 others
Not my car....stole pic from web
an105105582a-volkswagen-on-.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45bvtc, THQuattro, Frizzley and 3 others
Not my car....stole pic from web
an105105582a-volkswagen-on-.jpg
What a very kind Fiat owner to prop his neighbours car up to fix the exhaust, either that or the Fiat swooped in shouting the phrase “I’ll save you”.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and MikhailCompo
Aaahhh work on a Saturday but plenty of room to park.

A3carpark

Reactions: Frizzley, S32B, daytonamart and 6 others
I know I haven't been on the forum much lately mate but have I missed something? Do you still have the Cupra??
I’d sold it as I was in for a new house but that ended going into a bidding war so didn’t happen.
Then got approval from SWMBO and the Council to extend again so went to buy a van as the Mrs wasn’t happy I was using her car a lot, but seen the 8V and heart rules hard buddy. Obviously not as easy to get out of as the SUV but “you pays your money”.
Forgot how good/nice the 9V saloon was mate.

• Wow
Reactions: Frizzley, JohnM100 and pburv
I’d sold it as I was in for a new house but that ended going into a bidding war so didn’t happen.
Then got approval from SWMBO and the Council to extend again so went to buy a van as the Mrs wasn’t happy I was using her car a lot, but seen the 8V and heart rules hard buddy. Obviously not as easy to get out of as the SUV but “you pays your money”.
Jeez! Sorry I missed all that. Such a shame. To me I think the Cupra was a better car over the 8v. Hay ho lol. So what spec A3 do you have now. I couldn't tell from the pic.

Reactions: Jcbmally
My wife often says " we'll walk from here then?"
I thought it was just me that was a magnet for white van men who insist in parking next to me because I have parked tight up against an edge.

• Haha

I missed that too. Sorry about the circumstance but good to have you back.

Jeez! Sorry I missed all that. Such a shame. To me I think the Cupra was a better car over the 8v. Hay ho lol. So what spec A3 do you have now. I couldn't tell from the pic.
No worries, wasn't vocal about it buddy. Its a TFSI S-Line with B&O, FB wheel, HH, F/R parking sensors, H/seats, Daytona. I liked the Cupra a lot but other priorities, A3 was half the price.
I missed that too. Sorry about the circumstance but good to have you back.
No probs, as I said to @pburv I didn't go public. Always be a member of this forum mate, it's a good craic.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnM100 and pburv
No worries, wasn't vocal about it buddy. Its a TFSI S-Line with B&O, FB wheel, HH, F/R parking sensors, H/seats, Daytona. I liked the Cupra a lot but other priorities, A3 was half the price.

No probs, as I said to @pburv I didn't go public. Always be a member of this forum mate, it's a good craic.
That's a nice spec'd car buddy. :thumbs up: A3 saloons are always going to be a great looker... At least in my eyes lol

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
Morrisons this morning, busy all over apart from here :)

Ep

• Haha
Reactions: 45bvtc, daytonamart, toooldforboyracing and 6 others
Good spot. Only challenge is the aphid goo drops from the foliage when you get back. Better than a ding though.
lol exactly what I thought mate, only nipped in to buy some flowers, so it was a quick park, buy and go :)

Reactions: pburv and JohnM100
lol exactly what I thought mate, only nipped in to buy some flowers, so it was a quick park, buy and go :)

Someone in the bad books having to get flowers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
Sorry to hear mate! Hope all well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries guys, he died in 2017. I buy him flowers every now and again. I know what you meant Adam, just thought I'd make you feel guilty :p

I bought some a while back and the woman who served me looked a mouthy git, she said "Ohhh someone's in the bad books having to buy flowers, what have you done?" looked at her mate and laughed. I kept a straight face and said "They're for my dads grave, it's the anniversary of his funeral today"...the look on her face was priceless :D

• Haha
Reactions: Adam14, pburv and NevMan
I actively seek out those single parking spots that have zero of minimal risk of doors being flung open. Supermarkets often have single spaces next to massive disabled or parent / child spots with the hashed areas. The ones at an angle with massive space on either sides are also my favourites. I know all the local ones to me and I will plan journeys off peak to ensure I can grab a safe parking spot. Trees / birds / sap are infinitely easier to repair than a dent.

Reactions: S32B, NevMan and pburv
Morrisons in Devizes, Wiltshire. Great spot!

M4 50

Reactions: 45bvtc, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person