F1 Season 2009

Should be a good race today, especially if it rains! McLaren seem to have done a good job on the upgrades. I recon Webber might have his first win if he keeps it on the black stuff.

Im gunning for Rubens. Think he has had a tuff F1 and its time he stepped out of the shadow.
Could be another Redbull 1, 2 me thinks.

Yeah & the Red Bull cars are winning all the races aren't they:wacko:

Can never doubt adrian newey :applaus:

Has anyone else heard Glock night be going the Mclaren next year. Wasnt that the same guy who gave mclaren and there driver the world championship last year. hmmmmm

Awsome race!!
Alonso drove well, cant wait to see what he can do in a ferrari next year.
as for lewis...............................LOL

Yeah & the Red Bull cars are winning all the races aren't they

Can never doubt adrian newey :applaus:

:gaehn:

Alonso drove well

Apart from his little spin on the warm up lap lol

as for lewis...............................LOL

The 'lol' must be aimed at his bit of bad luck because I thought he had a friggin awesome start to have his car in front at the first corner from 5th! He just flew round everyone! He was unlucky to have his rear wheel tagged by Webber. Would have been interesting to see what he could have done if he didn't have the puncture. That McLaren is working well again.

Was a great drive by Webber though. Deserved his first win. He was in a league of his own yesterday. They've really taken the battle to Brawn now. Brawn have got some updates coming next time round to we'll have to wait and see where they are in relation to the RBR's.

I missed the race due to a family get together, but I caught up with the highlights which isn't quite the same.

Maybe a session of BBC iplayer is in order? lol

The 'lol' must be aimed at his bit of bad luck because I thought he had a friggin awesome start to have his car in front at the first corner from 5th!

Not really. Did you not see how much KERS he used to get off the start, Unlike Rubens who had none on his car and took first place at the corner.

Not to mention everyone was saying how good the new updates were on his car but he only just Qualified infront of his team m8 by 1 posistion and his team m8 had the old car. :blahblah1:

Not really. Did you not see how much KERS he used to get off the start, Unlike Rubens who had none on his car and took first place at the corner.

Yea he had KERS but he made the most of it. Kovi had KERS and what did he do at the start? Same for the 2 Ferraris? Lewis made the most positions right off the line. Rubens got to the first corner first in the end because he was on the front row, not row 3!

Not to mention everyone was saying how good the new updates were on his car but he only just Qualified infront of his team m8 by 1 posistion and his team m8 had the old car. :blahblah1:

You cannot be seriously comparing the times in quali?! It was wet/damp ***! lol You may as well be comparing someone going round in an F1 car and someone else in a pedal car! Going by your comparisons, Alonso should hang up his helmet coz in Q2 where he stayed, he was 3.2 seconds slower than Lewis! Alonso must be **** then! And even if you could compare the times, you say that Kovi was 'just' behind Lewis. That 'just' is 1.2 seconds!

To make a better comparison look at practice times where Lewis was consistantly 1.6 seconds quicker than Heikki.

Last time I checked, KERS is a legal part on the car with a weight penalty for anyone using the system. I sometimes really don't know what you are trying to get at when reffering to these system, it's not like he is cheating is he?

As far as I'm aware, both drivers had the updated front wing, but only Lewis had the updated rear diffuser, if it's only worth 0.1 sec, then it's on position higher isn't it?

You cannot be seriously comparing the times in quali?! It was wet/damp ***!

they all went out at the same time. In FACT they was queing up in the pit lane to get out at the same time so what was your point?

@jojo, your joking right?

here is a few quotes for ya as i cant be ***** in explaining it myself.. ok read and enjoy.

LEWIS HAMILTON
MP4-24-04
P1 programme 14 laps 1m34.483s (13th)

"new aerodynamic components for MP4-24 – principally a substantially revised floor section and matching top body."
http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-news.php?article=324

"Lewis made a good KERS-assisted start from fifth on the grid,"

"MARTIN WHITMARSH
Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

“Lewis and Heikki both made great starts, assisted by KERS hybrid"

"NORBERT HAUG
Vice-president, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport

“The first few hundred metres looked promising when Lewis put his nose in front for the fraction of a second after starting from fifth place. He ran wide after being hit before the corner and got a puncture. Heikki showed a solid performance with the old-spec underfloor and brought home a point at least. We have to further improve – but this was a good first step.”

Im just saying that lewis had a better car and NOT just a rear wing! Im not saying KERS is illegal, just that it was clear he boosted it to get the posistion. unfortunatly he ballsed it up and went in too deep to the first corner with a school boy error.

for some reason you guys cant except that not everyone thinks lewis is a GOD amongst drivers. He is a good driver but not as brilliant as people buy into thats all im saying.

ANYWAYS, you cant denie tha alonso has pushed that ***** car into something worth driving, altho there is only so much you can do. I for one cant wait to see him in a ferrari and like schuey, he will put alot of input into that team.

:beerchug:

Not to mention everyone was saying how good the new updates were on his car but he only just Qualified infront of his team m8 by 1 posistion and his team m8 had the old car.

they all went out at the same time. In FACT they was queing up in the pit lane to get out at the same time so what was your point?

Your first comment is basically saying that Hamilton didn't do too well a job in Q3 because he only 'just' qualified ahead of Heikki. I've said that you can't look at the qualifying times because of the damp conditions and that practice shows a better indication of how much quicker Lewis is in the newer car.

I'm guessing that your second comment is trying to back up your first comment. It can't for 2 reasons.
  1. They didn't line up in the pits. That was Q2. Q3 it was just Button out there to begin with and the team came over the radio saying that they think the other drivers are doing one lap only. So my point is you're getting confused.
  2. Even if they did line up, the driver behind will always have a better time because of the constant drying conditions so you still cant take the Q3 times at face value.
unfortunatly he ballsed it up and went in too deep to the first corner with a school boy error.

Did you even watch the race? lol....

Watch the start again mate. After Webber tapped Rubens on the side, Lewis and Rubens went on either side of Webber. Coming into the braking zone, they squeezed out Webber a bit and as Webber pulled left to avoid Rubens, his front wing just clipped Lewis' right rear tyre instantly puncturing it. This happened way before the corner. The reason why Lewis went wide in the first corner is because he had a flat.

for some reason you guys cant except that not everyone thinks lewis is a GOD amongst drivers. He is a good driver but not as brilliant as people buy into thats all im saying.

I've got no problem what people think about Lewis. I look at your comments from a racing point of view and they make no sense. This conversation could be about Alonso and I'd be saying the same thing.

Did you even watch the race? lol....

Watch the start again mate. After Webber tapped Rubens on the side, Lewis and Rubens went on either side of Webber. Coming into the braking zone, they squeezed out Webber a bit and as Webber pulled left to avoid Rubens, his front wing just clipped Lewis' right rear tyre instantly puncturing it. This happened way before the corner. The reason why Lewis went wide in the first corner is because he had a flat.
Thank you, I didn't watch the whole race myself, but even I got this bit just from watching just the highlights!

I've got no problem what people think about Lewis. I look at your comments from a racing point of view and they make no sense. This conversation could be about Alonso and I'd be saying the same thing.

Agreed.

Did you even watch the race?

no i didnt watch it, i just read the news papers and belive what they say, im just an arm chair expert who`s never been to a race or got up to watch them live no matter what time in the morning it is. LOL im joking.

:arco:

Just uploaded the start onto youtube showing the KERS getting hammered to Boost his start compaired to the brawns with no kERS. also if to martin brundle saying lewis was too agressive. Go argue with him m8 :salute:

The YouTube video was taken down because of breach of copyright, this seemed a suitable replacement:

normal_1184803382014tn4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You must think I'm new to the sport. That video is ****** doctored! :sadlike:

Brundle did say what he did in your video, but not with those pictures. Brundle said that Lewis was agressive when they showed live pictures of him going to the pits with the rear facing camera on the first lap showing his puncture. That was before they realised that he got the puncture from Webber. That was when he thought he came back on the track and tangled with a Ferrari.

After they showed the replay 2 laps later, they realised what happened, and he corrected himself. So your video shows the replay on lap 3 with live talk from lap 1. You really do go a long way to prove something your wrong on dont you Reptor....

Or shall I say DBXdarkangel.

I can't be assed with your childish ********. Well done on ruining the thread.

Lets pull this back to a discussion/debate rather than argument please folks.

Oh, and reptor245, I don't want you to feel singled-out; but it seems you're the vessel from which most of the agro pours... You rained it in quite admirably last time, lets stick to it this time around...

Cheers,

Rob.

I already have m8ty. The guy acused me of providing a doctored video and i simply said how could i when it was live TV? Then he got all ****** and nasty. I ended by saying ok you win. end of story really :)

Getting back to F1 2009, Has anyone heard that Pedro dela rosa is going to be driving in F1 next year? personaly i think he wasnt all that, remember his ORANGE Arrow days?

Getting back to F1 2009, Has anyone heard that Pedro dela rosa is going to be driving in F1 next year? personaly i think he wasnt all that, remember his ORANGE Arrow days?

Surprised about that - is he going to one of the new teams?

What about Bourdais being dropped?

I was sure Piquet would have been the first to go. Not much Bourdais could do with that Toro Rosso but difference between Alonso and Piquet is massive and he must be running out of excuses as it isn't his first season anymore.

Pedro is going to be driving for Campos Meta team. They will announce it and the next race weekend.

I too am a little surprised that got dropped altho he hasn't really been delivery points this year and they soon oust you if you don't bring home the points. As for Piquet, I'm not really surprised he will be out soon. he is rubbish!!

They have given him one more race to deiced altho its not looking good.

strange feeling of dejavu with massa accident, after happend last week to henry surtees, lets hope its not as serious

Hope Massa makes a full recovery, probably the most unlucky F1 driver with regards to the Championship hopes in the last few years.

Hats off to Alonso for making Pole also, Hamilton didn't do too bad in 4th neither, which makes for an interesting race, since we already know race pace and Quali are both very different this year.

Also looks like the Brawns are crumbling, I thought this track and the temps would really suit their car.

Last edited:
Hamilton :)

Really good to see him in a strong position and Brawn going backwards!

Seems like the Brawn are suffering from not having enough updates to there car.

About massa, There is some breaking news. He is still in a induced coma for the next 24hrs and is still in life threatening condition.

Lets hope he recovers ok :)

Yeah I like him. Seems a nice guy.

Do you think Alonso has enough in that car to stay out front or not?

hard to say with alonso. just when you think he has nothing more to give, he puts in the fastest lap. he clearly has less fuel and lets face it, he wont win it but there is no doubt if the car is to his likening today then it will be hard for other to pass him i reckon. Bring back Montoya i say. He was always fun to watch.

should be a good race.... Alonso and Lewis are both fanatastic drivers, they seem to have that edge over the others when it comes to pushing their cars..... wish the red bull lads well too, webber is trying to make a last minute career dent and vessel is also a future star...i do still feel though that the red bulls have the better cars out there - full credit to mclaren though for a getting a weighted KERS car that far forward on the grid eventually - no denying that Lewis is one of the most entertaining drivers to watch in recent years, be good to see the overtaking stats at the end of the season, id bet hes wey out in front if not on figures then on finess alone

Hamilton OWNED the track today. What a drive! Won me some money too :)

Great win for Hamilton, finally, he has a car that can win!! :)

Still think Alonso might have won had they not fecked his car up, but in the end, it wasn't meant to be. :haha:

Get well soon to Massa also.

I wish a speedy recovery to Massa and would love to know what McLaren have done to their cars to make such a big difference...

The latest on massa is that it will be weeks if not months before they no how well the operation was and because the damage was at the frontal lobe then his speach and memory could be affected. :3sadwalk:

****! Is this going to get them starting to consider bringing in closed cockpits now I wonder

all the best to Massa...... hope he gets well soon and better still, racing again

think Hamilton did a spectacular job, as for Alonso winning.... given the times Hamilton was knocking out, nobody was close to him on a constant basis and he caught Alonso up in no time even with a heavier fuel load.... this was always his race once he had got to the front IMO

Massa is responding well ive heard on the wire today. Thats goods news :)
There not sure about his future in racing tho. time will tell. Least one thing, Its nailed on that Alonso will be in a ferrari next year and lets see him leave eveyone in his wake. hehe

So another on bites the dust.

BMW have confirmed that they will be exiting at the end of this season.

Paul