F1 Season 2012

And you're not saying that Hamilton is best, right?
With regards to Perez being new and having no experience blah blah blah. How much Lewis had of that when he won championship? He did win it only because as a new driver in F1 went straight to Mclaren when other drivers start at force india, lotus or other **** team. I'm not saying he isn't a good driver but give him slower car and we will see how good he is.
Don't forget that Brawn and Witmarsh are not the only people working in each team... The truth is that f1 drivers are only as good as their car is. Future will tell if Ham made a good move. My opinion is that he didnt and to be honest I don't care if u agree.

granted i might be preching hamiltons name a bit to much, but thats the topic here, ham ilton going to mercades, any way i do hope both drivers do well, and yes i under stand there over 300 people that complete each f1 team, but ultumutly, brawn and witmarsh make the desisions. and ill say this my self, brawn has a better head, just not had the chance recently. other then the one year wonder of brawn gp. like i said he was the brains behind shumacher in the benniton and ferrari, i cant remeber but i think brawn moved to ferrari with shumacher.

still to calm this heated debate down what do we think about shumacer and what he will do. will he go sauber or just throw the towel in once and for all. could still get offers else were, as lets face it altho its not on top form he was the best of his day. 7 world champs and more pole and wins then i can remember, but that was partly due to his arragont fiesty driving, kinda like hamilton i suppose, but then all drivers even from the back want to win as many points as possible.

also i think double drs should have been allowed to stop the turbulant air washing over the front wing. i also think abs should be introduced, not a full on abs, just activated when the pedel is stamped hard in a emergency.
also think this "fairing to hide the ugly nose is stupid, why not design the nose like mclaren. makes me laugh that there the only one to do it that way.
any thing else you lot think could be made diffrent. added/taken away?

I think Schumi should retire. As u said he was the best driver many years ago and should not ruin this by making stupid mistakes now.

I want to see how it all goes with turbocharged cars in 2014 before any other changes tbh.

yer defently.
i think its a bit out of order for fia to cange there mind on enigne configuration, all the mony the teams have been spending and then fia decideto change there mind. i cant wait to hear its noise, wonder if they go single or compound or sqeuencial setup? also the flames!!!!! need a time machine to fast forward 2 years!
also i hope this pushes forward turbo depelopment. it might not be passed on to us straight away, but with f1 paying big bucks for turbos i hope it brings the price of the turbos we buy down

Wasnt all the engine change hustle to turbos and less cylinders because Audi was pushing it to enter f1 after which they said "nah thanks, we changed our mind"?

i thought it was to wave the green flag in the name of fuel efficiency and global wamring

And you're not saying that Hamilton is best, right?
With regards to Perez being new and having no experience blah blah blah. How much Lewis had of that when he won championship? He did win it only because as a new driver in F1 went straight to Mclaren when other drivers start at force india, lotus or other **** team. I'm not saying he isn't a good driver but give him slower car and we will see how good he is.
Don't forget that Brawn and Witmarsh are not the only people working in each team... The truth is that f1 drivers are only as good as their car is. Future will tell if Ham made a good move. My opinion is that he didnt and to be honest I don't care if u agree.

Sorry to drag this up...but 'he only won it because he went straight into a top team' - lets completely forget that this top team had the best driver in F1 in it!! convenient? not only did he 'just' lose the first years championship to Kimi whilst fighting with Alonso, but lets also remember that he beat Alonso to the championship (against Massa!!) in his second season...that includes a season dogged with Alonso pulling stupid moves, like blocking Hamilton in the pits 'Days of thunder' style - but yeah i agree, Hamilton isn't good, its just cos he's not had to go through the lower teams - maybe because his tallent was so blinking obvious from before F1!?

Sorry Slepy but for someone who sounds like they know F1, like yourself... your argument lacks key facts which funnily enough, don't help you're case.

I was never a hardened LH fan, he has earnt my support! Yes he was a cry baby for a number of years - largely due to him wanting to win and it not being as easy to with just raw driving tallent - people still point at him now like you did earlier in the post, despite this season where he has been nothing but exemplary in his interviews and on track antics.

After seeing what he has done with Mclarens dogs since 2008, you cannot argue that he is only good in a good car!!

BTW, i agree with boost - whilst i want Button to do well, for the past 2 years, all i have seen is him whinging in interviews - this always gets ignored though??? much to my dismay!! its so blinkin obvious and regular.

"give him slower car and we will see how good he is."
lets see? :) ( FF it to 6:00 mins in if you like)

:applaus:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant!!.... would love to see him on a dry track.... actually looks like its gonna tip on the 2nd to last corner :)

Although I bet it was fixed, what you reckon Slepy?

I never said that he is a bad driver and his wins were fixed. All I said is that he got where he is thanks to Mclaren and after couple of years he goes because he didn't win championship again. Imo going to Mercedes is a move backwards. He should've gone to red bull if he had a chance. Only time will tell if you guys are right and if he is such an amazing driver he will surely be winning even in a ****ty Merc.

Slepy imo i don't think hes made a good move, i think hes been unlucky not to win more at Mclaren and yes unlucky again this year, plus the mistaks they made add up.
I can see reasons for him to move, but like i said he had imo pick of the top teams so why didnt he go there?
I dont understand this move to Mercedes, the only positive thing i can see is Brawn being there, the best strategist in F1 imo.
The only thing i worry about LH is history will show hes only a one time world champion and this don't reflect his talent, hes running out of time and needs to be in a winning team next year???

JB to get a 5 place grid penalty for a gearbox change this weekend :blink:

JB to get a 5 place grid penalty for a gearbox change this weekend :blink:

Oh god, bet we hear nothing but in his interview :/

Slepy, I suppose i see where you are coming from, however ask yourself, how many drivers have come through the Mclaren program, or many others for that point? This isn't like Xfactor where they pull someone who can bearly sing out of a council house and make them a star..... as a kid LH showed a natural talent which came out in his entire racing career, it wasn't 'given' to him and nor did he have a famous dad with connections...

I do agree on the Merc front, although i kind of see why he's making the move - he has to make a decision now, he gets to jump into a Merc that Schumacher couldn't make work, his best mate is his team mate (draw your own conclusion if thats a good idea), he was too settled at Mclaren - and lets face it, Whitmarsh has hardly supported him, we don't know how that started - im sure we can guess, but the upshot is Mclaren, near the time of contract negotiations have been one of the worst teams on the grid despite a good car (pitstops + reliability) - I personally think the whole new challenge thing has prompted him (maybe money too if we're honest), LH is one of the true racers out there IMO, he doesn't give in and does his own thing (good or bad) to win races. I just hope Brawn can give him a half decent car to prove it :(

Lets see how LH does in a supposed 'poorer' team next year! I'm actually quite intrigued by this move personally, being an LH fan.

I am also very intrigued by his move. I personally think its a good new challenge for him apparently mclaren offered him his new contract with a pay cut! Then merc stepped in and offered him this deal to which nclaren tried to match it but lewis said no.

Red bull back to top:
PosNoDriverTeamQ1Q2Q3Laps
11Sebastian VettelRed Bull Racing-Renault1:32.6081:31.5011:30.83911
22Mark WebberRed Bull Racing-Renault1:32.9511:31.9501:31.09015
33Jenson ButtonMcLaren-Mercedes1:33.0771:31.7721:31.29014
414Kamui KobayashiSauber-Ferrari1:32.0421:31.8861:31.70016
510Romain GrosjeanLotus-Renault1:32.0291:31.9881:31.89820
615Sergio PerezSauber-Ferrari1:32.1471:32.1691:32.02220
75Fernando AlonsoFerrari1:32.4591:31.8331:32.11417
89Kimi RäikkönenLotus-Renault1:32.2211:31.8261:32.20818
94Lewis HamiltonMcLaren-Mercedes1:33.0611:32.1211:32.32717
1012Nico HulkenbergForce India-Mercedes1:32.8281:32.27212

Lewis not confident with his setup for this track. Vettel has got the last four Poles on this circuit in a row, the lad is quick here! Jenson won it last year of course, he knows his way round too, but 5 place grid penalty for gearbox change, and he's still ahead of Lewis!

Hope the race is insteresting, this track is notorious for it's lack of overtaking opportunities, but if you have a quicker car, Alonso has shown overtaking is possible in the past!

Vettel to win 3rd championship this year?

Reactions: CHEZ and shariain
Me too but have a feeling it's not gonna happen.

I'd prefer Alonso to win it too (never thought I'd say that), he's driving skill has out classed Sebs, and although there's nothing I dislike about Vettel, theres something about him that annoys me.

although there's nothing I dislike about Vettel, theres something about him that annoys me.

Ditto. Whenever I see him interviewed he comes across as quite funny (for a German), but there is something I just can't warm to about him. I don't care how good he is, how much he wins, what he achieves, I find it really hard to warm to him.

I'm not an Alonso fan, but I'd take him winning over Vettel as he demonstrates pretty much every race weekend that he can deliver in a car which is not always top tier. Yes there has been some luck, but there always will be. He's matured as a driver and he's actually quite likable compared to where he was 5 years ago.

I tend to admire good driving these days, irrespective of the colour of the car as it's a largely sterile world in motor racing. The seemingly endless wash of corporate drivel that spews from the mouths of today's drivers makes it much harder to attune to them in terms of an outright favourite driver, so I just hope for a bit of spectacle these days!

Worth to watch qualy on bbc iplayer. Some good technical comparisons between top teams and drivers seat predictions for 2013 from EJ :)

Oh and btw. Hamilton is still some time before he joins mercedes and already managed to upset them when he said that he doesn't think he will win championship next year :)

Worth to watch qualy on bbc iplayer. Some good technical comparisons between top teams and drivers seat predictions for 2013 from EJ :)

Oh and btw. Hamilton is still some time before he joins Mercedes and already managed to upset them when he said that he doesn't think he will win championship next year :)

well having not had a laptop ive not been following this thread, but ill touch on the move to Mercedes, ross brawn was the one who was in the thick of it when they were devoping the turbo last time, so i personally think come 2014 merades will have a very strong engine, that said i think its a good move, he cant stay at mclaren for ever, and to be fair, martian witmarsh is a bit of a doosh bag. the team have made some bad choices/mistakes some little some major, still no one can say how things will turn out until practice one in 2013 at albert part

So Massa to stay at Ferrari for 2013 :think:

To wait so long tells me they not happy with him.. so why not sign another driver?

So Massa to stay at Ferrari for 2013 :think:

To wait so long tells me they not happy with him.. so why not sign another driver?

You cant blame the guy. Playing second fiddle to alonso. What's the point in trying if your efforts are knocked back because alonso has to win and not you. Like last race. He was clearly quicker.
Any way it's always been that way and alonso is there golden boy. If I were massa I'd be in another team for 2013. But what can you do. Also your find alonso would get all upgrades first. Sometime massa wouldnt even get it. Like the rear wing at spa.

I feel sorry for the guy and it's no wonder he was underperforming. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been told that he can now start making top points so long as he don't affect massa. And the fact alonso managed to get in front via pit stops and then massa had to follow alonso like a lost dog wad stupid. He could have caught webber so easy.

And if Alonso lost this championship with 5 points what would Ferrari bosses say about letting Massa go in front of him?
Do you think that Webber wouldn't let Vettel go in Korea if he didn't lose position at the start?
IMO Massa has every chance to go in front of Alonso with points at the beginning of the season. He didn't...

Boost-addict... no you cannot blame massa staying with Ferrari, and wish him all the best in 2013
I was more surprised, or dont understand why Ferrari didnt sign another driver, i had my money on it being Paul di Resta.

With only a few races to go, all teams are going to get behind the driver who can still win the title.

Ferrari boss says that he doesn't want to have 2 competitive drivers in his team which is stupid imo.
There was always clear number 1 and number 2. I hate that strategy.

Funny how it's turned out, now Alonso fans hoping Hamiltion will do well and take some points from Vettel :lmfao:

Who's going to win this weekend?

Funny how it's turned out, now Alonso fans hoping Hamiltion will do well and take some points from Vettel :lmfao:

Who's going to win this weekend?

Mark webber is going to win this weekend. :p X

Well, another one for Vettel...

Apart from the first lap, Alonso haunting Vettel down in the latter stages and Hamilton hunting down Webber when his KERS broke, the race was pretty boring...

Is that the season decided or can Alonso still pull some wins out the bag? I'd like to see it go down to the last race but Red Bull seem to be on top again which makes Vettel pretty much untouchable.

And Ferrari fails again. Bye bye championship for Alonso.

And Ferrari fails again. Bye bye championship for Alonso.

ok, if vettel drops out of the race and alonso finishes in 6th and lewis finishes 1st , this would give lh 190 points, leaving 45 pints t fa and 50 to vettel
pints behind
trans.gif
Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
–​
240​

Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
–​
235​

Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
–​
190​

and as long as kimi doesn't finnish higher then 3rd