F1 season 2015

No because Mclaren have been sharing all of Mercedes secrets for the last 18 months with Honda and they will be building there car around the new Honda engine which will be integrated into the new Mclaren chassis as Mercedes did with their engine chassis package. As Mclaren have poached Peter Perdromou from Red Bull who was one of there chief aero guys they will hopefully get a good insight into what makes the Red Bull so good.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/11/16694.html

Aye, I hear what you are saying Karl, and I would love the McLarens to be challenging up front! The issue between the Mercedes powered cars this year, package aside, is the source code that Mercedes has withheld from the customer teams, which they have had time to refine to get all the ERS/KERS all working together in sync. I presume the customer cars had to write their own source code with limited track running.

So double points has been dropped for next season! Glad it had no bearing on this years Championship.

Reactions: RS3copilot and Ghost
I'm a mclaren fan I hope JB is still in the team but I'd prefer if Alonso wasn't,
They need to sort their chassis and aero out if they want to win next year as even with the best powerplant this year the car was crap,

Ferrari will be nowhere
Merc will be as good as this year,
Red bull will struggle I reckon
Williams will be even better I reckon

Well Mclaren Hondas new car is not looking so good at the moment, bit like a lot of the Renaults that were running pre season last year.
They have a hybrid test car with the Honda engine and electronics integrated and it managed a whole 5 laps at very much less than racing speed over the 2 day test period.
Might have expected a bit more reliabilty from a Honda but these cars are very complex. Wonder what Fernando is thinking ??

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116941

Re-start from the grid after safety car period is one of the new rule changes for 2015 :tocktock:
Im looking forward to this just because I cannot really see it working? :confused:

Its just one more stupid rule change they think will make it more exciting.
Wait till cars start breaking down from overheating.
:blink:

I don't think that will be a very good idea at all doing a standing restart as this is one of the times when quite bad accidents can occur if somebody stalls or has issues. Also it will take too long to arrange, the virtual pace car idea they trialled recently seemed to work quite well.

Karl.

McLaren fails to reach driver decision line-up :blink:

I hear its Button to stay with McLaren

McLaren to confirm tomorrow
party-blower-smiley-emoticon.gif

Two year contract as well. Seeing as it's Ron Dennis who has arranged this I wouldn't be suprised if there was some kind of performance clause in there that if Jenson doesn't deliver he will be out after a year just to keep him motivated.
Reading the press release looks like Dennis is hedging his bets a little just in case they end up running a 3 car team. Jenson was only going to stop if he could drive, If he left and Mclaren had to run a 3 car team they would have then needed another driver. Top line world class drivers don't grow on trees.

Karl.

It means McLaren, like Ferrari, is running with two world champions once more. Mercedes can't boast that.

It means McLaren, like Ferrari, is running with two world champions once more. Mercedes can't boast that.

But Mercedes still boasts the 'current' world champion, and I presume their powertrain will still be supreme next season! Though I'd like to See McLaren/Honda run them close.
I'm not too bothered about about Ferrari anymore, they still make great road cars, but they have lost their 'mojo' in F1, so it doesn't bother me to see them failing.

But Mercedes still boasts the 'current' world champion, and I presume their powertrain will still be supreme next season! Though I'd like to See McLaren/Honda run them close.
I'm not too bothered about about Ferrari anymore, they still make great road cars, but they have lost their 'mojo' in F1, so it doesn't bother me to see them failing.
Totally agree on all points.

I've seen reports that Mercedes have found another 70bhp from their engine

Lewis wins BBC Sports Personality 2014 :icon thumright:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/30456847

I’d not like to be paying @jojo 's phone bill this quarter!! :lmfao:

Phone-Vote-244x300.png
:lmfao:

Haha, I would not waste a single penny on anything that's related to voting, it really is not my thing...

But hey, I watched this live, and was overjoyed he won without my vote anyways! :D

Sir Lewis Hamilton next, we know it's going to happen, just a matter of when?

Reactions: Ghost
Kimi and Vettel setting quick times in the Ferrari

Reactions: jojo
No one wants to see one team romp away with the constructors championship, so lets hope the Ferrari is actually going to be good in race trim! :racer:

Hamilton will be useless early on, Nicole Shirtswingers dumped him again, his head will be all over the place again, perhaps she's on Red Bulls pay list.

Reactions: Sandra
He had it for a while now. Special order with manual box.

Think he needs to take a leaf out of James Hunt’s book!! ;)

Well all the pre season testing is over. Looks like Mercedes will be out in front again.
But it's looking like Ferrari and Williams will be mixing it up the front as well. Red bull still don't seem to have the grunt from the motor but that didn't stop them winning races last year.
Not sure where Lotus are, car looks better than last year but can Maldanado and Grosjean actually pedal it to the end of the race without crashing.
Mclaren are not where I thought they would be, and will Alonso actually make the first race?.
And will Manor F1 actually be on the grid in Melbourne, I can't see it and even if they do they will be well slow using last years modified chassis and engines.

Karl

Reactions: jojo and Artimus
I did put a bet on lotus this year and it is part of my team. Hope it pays off and it bounces back from previous year. Grosejan and Maldonado seem happy about the progress the team made.
Still not many teams this year here though!

I don't know why, but I always prefer to go to 5 btcc races rather than one F1 :/

Reactions: jojo
I don't know why, but I always prefer to go to 5 btcc races rather than one F1 :/

I've never actually been to a BTCC race, maybe I should? The F1 thing is a family day out, it was cheap enough @99 quid per adult for general admission, and free for 10 or under, my son will be 11 when we go, but I booked it when he was 10! lol

Truth is, apart from the atmosphere and engine sound, it's much nicer to watch an F1 race on TV! When I was watching the Chinese GP live last year, we basically saw the cars start and drive past us 50 times or so(the number of laps), but followed the action on massive screens sitting on the grandstand. The most interesting thing was watching Lewis build up a gap where he was turning into turn one as Vettel was coming into view exiting the last turn after 5 laps!