F1 Season 2017 (Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going for a 2 hour drive tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes and no doubt we will be force fed every pathetic minute if it. If he is winning he happy enough to comment, if he losing he such a depressing person. I don't like him whatever he does. He is not like the rest of the drivers who just get head down and get in with it.

Reactions: slepy
So sad for Button taking 15 place drop. Ouch!

Bottas will stay out longer than the Ferraris, then hold them up for Lewis :)

I am not sure Kubica will be back in an F1 car competitively. To be honest woiuldn't be hard to do better than Palmer as he is having a mare of a season. If he doesn't pull his finger out and start performing at the same level as Hulkenburg I can't see him making it to the end of the season.

I'm not a fan of team orders in the top 3 teams, I believe the fans lose out if a team favours one driver, but I think Force India ( A team that needs all the points it can get ) threw a lot of points and money away this weekend.

Ocon had pace advantage on fresher tyres, if Perez let him through I think he'd have had a good chance of getting passed Ricciardo, and pulling a good time gap from the advancing Vettel

I enjoy the Canadian GP, nice to see all the other teams fighting it out.

Reactions: Ozmosis
Totally agree with you Ghost, for Force India it would have been better for Ocon to have a go at Ricciardo. At that point of the race, Ocon was clearly faster due simply to his much fresher tyres. They could have been on the podium, as we saw Vettel could not get passed Ricciardo. However, it did make the end of the race very exciting!

Overall the race was highly entertaining, just not at the very front ;)

Reactions: Ghost
I'm not a fan of the Azerbaijan circuit, much to tight for the 2017 cars.

I'm not a fan of the Azerbaijan circuit, much to tight for the 2017 cars.

Perez agrees with you! As does Jolyoff Palmer. Turn 8 is crazy, though. Seems Pirelli even admit they took too hard tyres.

Looking forward to the race after the F2 first race this morning. They seemed to be holding back a bit after last years race where almost half the field seem to crash out. Qualifying is going to be interesting with some other cars finding there way to the front maybe. Palmers bad luck continues with an engine blow up in FP3 this morning.

Reactions: Ghost and Ozmosis
All I can say is, Vettel is the luckiest F1 driver today, and Massa is the unluckiest. Lol

Reactions: Ghost, desertstorm, Ozmosis and 1 other person
I think Vettel was very lucky to get away with just a 10 second drive through for what he did. I don't think the punishment fitted the crime. Something like a 10 place grid panalty at the next race should be imposed by the Stewards. I can't believe he didn't even acknowledge that he had done it. Maybe he suffered some injury in the bump and has short term memory loss.
Massa was really unlucky as you said. Not very often that a failure with a suspension damper occurs.
Williams could have picked up a load of points and maybe punished Force India a lot more for there poor performance after they ran into each other.

Reactions: Ghost and Ozmosis
Vettel has the media skills of some of the great (or not so great!) politicians. Severe answer dodging all round! But then if he did actually admit that he deliberately drove his car into Hamilton's car then the FIA would have to come down on him much harder. He will surely pretend it did not happen to only get the piffling penalty he did.

Seem to remember a certain Senna and his famous "You are not a racing driver of you do not go for a gap" quote coming immediately after wiping out Prost all those years ago...

I agree with the posts that Seb was a lucky boy to get away with only the 10 sec penalty, but I wouldn't like to see him lose points or take a grid position penalty the next race.

He's had points on his license.

I think the best way to discipline him now would be a fine.

Reactions: BigBill and Ozmosis
Actually, the FIA is planning on further actions on Vettel. I do wonder if this would have been followed up if Lewis actually finished first? Clearly they are taking into consideration on how it might effect the drivers championship?

I spotted an article on the BBC earlier,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40431244
"Insiders are suggesting that FIA president Jean Todt is perturbed by Vettel's behaviour. Only he has the power to call a new hearing, as has been done in this case."
People have got a 10 second stop / go for a lot less than what Vettel did.
If Lance Stroll had pulled that move I bet they would have black flagged him. Indeed most of the drivers in that race.
The only reason he got away with it is because of the effect it may have had on the championship and the stewards at the time didn't have the bottle to disqualify him. I think they should disqualify him from the race result as if he had been black flagged.

DEZAFbvWAAAM_Lm

Lol

Reactions: jojo and Ozmosis
I've never been a fan of Hamilton as a person and yesterday he proved once again he's a knob. Not showing up in London for fans in his home country because he went to get ****** with his friends. Only driver who wasn't there. Lovely

I've never been a fan of Hamilton as a person and yesterday he proved once again he's a knob. Not showing up in London for fans in his home country because he went to get ****** with his friends. Only driver who wasn't there. Lovely

Haters are gonna hate. lol

He's answered his critics over the weekend with an F1 Grandslam at his home Grandprix!

For whatever reason, Lewis is an F1 driver you either love or hate? I'm obviously in the love category, and his no show at the London event doesn't change how I feel about him.

Anyways, for a moment there, I wasn't thinking how the F1 gods was just handing the F1 title to Vettel. With just a few more laps to go, Raikkonen getting the puncture, and promoting Vettel into 3rd! I couldn't believe it!! Then Vettel himself got a puncture, and I leaped for joy! :D

Really happy it's just a point between them in the driver's Championship, it's like a reset at the midway point of the season, so it's all to play for now!

May the best driver win! :racer:

Reactions: Ghost, Ozmosis and desertstorm
Haters are gonna hate. lol

He's answered his critics over the weekend with an F1 Grandslam at his home Grandprix!

For whatever reason, Lewis is an F1 driver you either love or hate? I'm obviously in the love category, and his no show at the London event doesn't change how I feel about him.

:

Love can be blind

Reactions: jojo and Ghost
The Ferrari punctures are a sign that they are taking big chances and running to the max. Small increases in Camber will give you more front end grip but result in excessive tyre wear. As they were saying in the after race commentary on Sky Sports the way you treat the tyres when new has a big influence on their life and performance. And Vettel certainly hammered them to get past Verstappen.
And Lock ups certainly don't help either.
Ferrari were lucky Verstappen had to pit as well otherwise Raikonnen would have been off the podium.
I can see Torro Rosso replacing Kvyat with Pierre Gasly before the end of the season. Daniel Ricardo called him the Torpedo and the name seems quite apt. Torro Rosso should be in front of Williams in 5th place but if they carry on like this could end up dropping from 6th to 9th behind Haas and Renault a big loss of money.

Reactions: jojo, Ghost and Ozmosis
DGPiViYWsAASSln
Ouch!! :blink: :)

Reactions: jojo, slepy and Ozmosis
Good to see Kubica performing well in the test today. However, the youngling Lando Norris maybe someone to look out for in the future. Eye-opening pace in the McLaren.

Good to see Kubica performing well in the test today. However, the youngling Lando Norris maybe someone to look out for in the future. Eye-opening pace in the McLaren.

DGPKHlgXcAAodgt

Reactions: Ozmosis
Nice to see Kubica doing well he would have been a world champion in the right car, He still obviously has the ability but I can't see him making a comeback, although he would probably do a better job than Palmer.
Stand out though is Norris in the McLaren, excellent time in what is supposed to be a slow car. One to watch for the future.
Had to laugh at this article on GPupdate.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/356677/hulkenberg-magnussen-a-wannabe-verstappen/

Magnussen's sanction dropped him from 11th to 13th, and he was approached by Hülkenberg in the press pen while speaking to assembled media.

"Once again, you're the most unsporting driver on the grid," Hülkenberg told Magnussen, with the latter responding "suck my balls, honey".

Hülkenberg went on to describe Magnussen as an "*******" in his own post-race interviews, and has now followed up his complaint.

Reactions: Ghost, jojo and Ozmosis
Apparently someone has edited the two drivers Wikipedia pages...!

Screenshot 20170803 131309

Reactions: Ghost, jojo, slepy and 1 other person
DIf3ajwWsAIrxQv
:)

Reactions: jojo, desertstorm and Ozmosis
DKGufgrXcAAq_Jr
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Reactions: Ozmosis, jojo and desertstorm
What’s going on at Ferrari? Self destructing the way they are!

I had a little laugh at Vettel’s quali failure, but great come back to come 4th! He should have won the race from the front, but karma’s a bitch hey! :D

How far up the grid would Vettel have got without DRS, it’s time that was done away with.

How far up the grid would Vettel have got without DRS, it’s time that was done away with.

I'm not a fan of DRS, but I'd think he'd have got to around 4th or 5th without it, the Ferrari was the quickest car on the day.

He left Bottas for dead.

If it was only about DRS you could ask, why didn't Bottas use it to overtake Vettel back ?

Quite simple, no grip and there’s no doubt the Ferrari was faster and Vettel is a better driver, well.......until the cool down lap, it’s never his fault is it!

It wasn't Vettels fault. Stroll decided to move over to the right pretty sharpish just as Vettel came past him. Stroll obviously had no idea Vettel was there. If you look at the video from the car following stroll you can see Vettel gave him plenty of room until Stroll decided to move to the right really quickly just as Vettel was level with him. Rookie mistake by Stroll.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/10/vettel-stroll-clash-malaysia-no-action.html
DRS works both ways, If it made it that easy to overtake then cars would just retake the position on the next lap around.

Why was Vettel passing the race was over.
The DRS, all I’m saying is it makes it easier for the top teams/drivers to recover places lost in qualifying due to penalties/technical issues or simply not qualifying.

Cars pass each other at the end of the race all the time. Some drivers are in no rush to get back to the pits others and Stroll appeared to be one of those.
He should have looked and been aware if anybody was there before turning right. The fact they were on a bend and these cars have very poor mirrors , along with the fact these cars are so quiet probably didn't help.
I suspect he was also pretty knackered as that GP is about the most difficult one physically so definitely wouldn't have been at most alert.

Vettel was fresh as a daisy in the previous race and should’ve looked before moving left.
I’m biased, I just don’t like the guy some of the things he does are just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.