F1... Whos your money on this year?

Well done Lewis & Mclaren, 9 years since the last world champion for em, looking forward to 2009 & a fresh start.
Got to say again Vettel really is a future champion too, he had a great drive.:racer:

Doesn't matter if Glock did let him through, Hamilton is still champion, its no different to Kimi gifting Massa the win in fuji, team-mate or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Mystery
what a load of bolloxs. glock pulled over to let him win. thats a ******* sham!

really abit like ferrari did a couple of years ago then???????? i didnt see them handing the title to someone else lol

well done hamilton...........but next time win it properly i dont think my nerves could take that again lol

and im glad you hopefully have shut up at least some of your critics and racists

I'm sure the Italians will find some way to **** it up for our boy! Loved the clip when they were all celebating then suddenly not! Top notch.

well done hamilton...........but next time win it properly i dont think my nerves could take that again lol
Yup, it was heart in the mouth stuff at the end there, especially when Vettel passed Hamilton!
and im glad you hopefully have shut up at least some of your critics and racists

Unfortunately, the critics have some ammo to have a dig after the Glock incident at the end, did he really mess up the last lap and allowed Lewis(and Vettel) to pass, or did it look a bit deliberate? I hope he Lewis 5th on Merit, there was a lot of quicker driver's out there near the end....

Glock was on grooved tyres = driving on ice. No conspirency.

Well Done Lewis, shame DC couldnt have seen 2nd corner never mind the finishing flag.

ummmm, well if we're talking about luck..... i think Massa's had just about as much as Hamilton this season, neither deserved it....Hamilton was obviously driving for the team.... as the commentators said, Lewis had his share of bad decisions, Massa had his share of failures.... plus's and minus's.... if you think Massa should have got the title, your mad...if your english and you think Massa should have won the title...i suggest you go and live in your new found home of Brazil and spend the rest of your life living in shame.

Heart stopping race chaps, very tense....seems like a hollow final to the season even though its the result we wanted, i honestly think the rain was hampering Glok at the end as a direct result of not changing his tyres.... was bound to happen, initially i thought he'd let Hamilton go - my monies on the tyres and weather as to the reason Glock failed to get 4th - jus IMO of course

did i say he didnt deserve it? ok maybe Hamilton hadthe edge over the season...
my memories crap but i dont recall Massa overtaking Hamilton once in proper race conditions away from the 1st lap all season:respekt:

I think this season was best summed up in one of the Top Gear blogs. Over 3400 miles of racing over 18 GP's and it all came down to the last half a mile. It has been a great season!

I'm not too sure the whole Glock thing was a farce either. Rain came down heavier and he was still on slicks. Next year will be even better because they are back to proper slicks! And none of these little winglets all over the cars. Should be even better!

I read somewhere that Bernie wants a new points system. Basically its just Gold, Silver, Bronze and the person with the most 'Golds' wins the championship. I think its a stupid idea. If 'driver 1' gets 5 Golds, and no Silver or Bronze, and 'driver 2' gets 4 Golds, 6 Silvers and 5 Bronze then how can you justify that 'driver 1' wins the WC? I say bring back the old points system if anything 10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1. Altough this system has given us closer championships.

I came accross this earlier, made me laugh more than it should have....

a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

Both Toyotas were on slicks, both lost 18-20s to the others on wets on last lap.

People seem to forget that Glock only got ahead of LH by taking a massive gamble and staying on slicks, it did not quite pay off.
I dont think Toyota would help LH deliberately after he forced their car on the grass at Monza.

And let's not forget Raikonen "losing" a 15 second lead to his team mate in China......team orders are banned remember.

Well done Lewis and Mclaren, you beat FIA!!

I don't think my nerves could have taken any more!!! The Glock consipracy thing is rubbish, on the last lap is really started to rain and both Toyotas where on dry tyres. With proper rain that would be like driving on ice, as Vettel and Hamilton went by you could see Glock all over the shop trying to put the power down.
Massa 'deserving' the Championship more is total ******, any one who can only win a race by starting on pole is not a good driver. He only wins when his car is faster than every one elses!!
I love Hamilton, but he is not the best driver out there, that is unfortunately Alonso plus Vettel and Kubica are just as good as good as Hamilton. I can't wait for next season to see how fast the differant cars are. I think BMW and Honda will be a lot faster than they have been this year. Lets face it Honda could hardly be much slower.
Bring on next seasoon!!!

Both Toyotas were on slicks, both lost 18-20s to the others on wets on last lap.

People seem to forget that Glock only got ahead of LH by taking a massive gamble and staying on slicks, it did not quite pay off.

just saw this:

1386821hamilton-f1.gif

LOL....

Well done Lewis :salute:

Was I the only one holding my breath at the end.

Thank heavens that Glock was on slicks.

Right now we need the British Government to remember how many F1 teams have facilities in the UK and bring good money into the Treasury and to Make sure that we keep the British GP - Brown - "Make it so".

Paul

I don't think my nerves could have taken any more!!! The Glock consipracy thing is rubbish, on the last lap is really started to rain and both Toyotas where on dry tyres. With proper rain that would be like driving on ice, as Vettel and Hamilton went by you could see Glock all over the shop trying to put the power down.
Massa 'deserving' the Championship more is total ******, any one who can only win a race by starting on pole is not a good driver. He only wins when his car is faster than every one elses!!
I love Hamilton, but he is not the best driver out there, that is unfortunately Alonso plus Vettel and Kubica are just as good as good as Hamilton. I can't wait for next season to see how fast the differant cars are. I think BMW and Honda will be a lot faster than they have been this year. Lets face it Honda could hardly be much slower.
Bring on next seasoon!!!

i agree and disagree.... remember Alonso had exactly the same car as Hamilton last season.... plus the situation on the track yesterday wasn't IMO a push from Hamilton for obvious reasons - i guess the first three races next season will be the time to judge, should be very interesting given the changes....

did i say he didnt deserve it? ok maybe Hamilton hadthe edge over the season...
my memories crap but i dont recall Massa overtaking Hamilton once in proper race conditions away from the 1st lap all season:respekt:

Hungary. Massa went from 3rd to 1st passing Hamilton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRA6ojtjT60&feature=related

Have to say well Done to Vettel (brillant race and pass on Hamilton) & of course Massa what a brillant drive by him. Its a pity that Glock could not have kept Hamilton behind & sicken him for the second time at BRAZIL and mayabe payback for Monza would have been nice. But he was on dry tyres compared to Ham's inters. RAIKKONEN FOR THE TITLE NEXT YEAR & hopefully sicken Mclaren next year in both championship's.

find it hard now to get excited over F1 anymore, just a bit to much like follow the leader, all won or lost in the pits/qualifying.
compairing this to moto gp and it doesnt come close.
hope next season with all the changes ie tyres back to slicks will put it all back to real racing again like the good old days of senna etc.
saying that, moto gp has now gone to a one make tyre rule.

I think its hilarious when the critics/commentators say that hamilton is the best F1 driver ever blah blah.

He's not, not by a long shot, he is nothing compared to legends like Senna, Prost and Schuey. They also never seemed to court the media like Hamilton, he has this "i'm the greatest, look at me" sort of air about him. its annoying

find it hard now to get excited over F1 anymore, just a bit to much like follow the leader, all won or lost in the pits/qualifying.
compairing this to moto gp and it doesnt come close.
hope next season with all the changes ie tyres back to slicks will put it all back to real racing again like the good old days of senna etc.
saying that, moto gp has now gone to a one make tyre rule.

I thought this season was great! There was quite a bit of on track overtaking and not just in the pits. I think next year will be another step in the right direction for the sport. Its been steadily getting better... for the past 3 years now.

Kimi was very dissapointing this year so no idea what he'll be like next year. Maybe next year's car will suit his style more. Lewis now will be hard to beat I think. Wins will start to flow that he's got the monkey off his back. Saying that, I'm expecting Ferrari to be right up there again. Hopefully BMW can close the gap a little and please god let the Red Bulls be quick now that Vettel is in there! When his contract runs out he will be in a top team. No doubt!

Has anyone mentioned that even though Hamilton didn't win the Championship in style, he did it with no help from the FIA and literally no help from his teammate.

Has anyone mentioned that even though Hamilton didn't win the Championship in style, he did it with no help from the FIA and literally no help from his teammate.

Well in the last race he kinda got help from Hekki, as he was placed behind Ham therebye blocking any cars behind having a go at Ham. He was never on Hamilton's pace anyway throughout the season. I don't see how the FIA could have helped them win the championship anyway, if anything they would be looking very closely at the Mclarens over last years spygate scandle.

Hungary. Massa went from 3rd to 1st passing Hamilton.

I mean over take someone actually in a race, not at the start. Any one can overtake a few people off the line if the others have a bad start. In a race he just has not got the skill to overtake, on a single lap like in qualy or when he is in the lead he is brilliant. But that does not make a world champion.

i agree and disagree.... remember Alonso had exactly the same car as Hamilton last season.... plus the situation on the track yesterday wasn't IMO a push from Hamilton for obvious reasons - i guess the first three races next season will be the time to judge, should be very interesting given the changes....

They had the same car last year, but that car would not have been as fast without Alonsos development work. Look at what he has done with the Renault this year. Not only is he one of the fastest drivers out there, but he can also set up a bad car to make it better and then drive around its faults to get it near the front. Don't get me wrong I think he is an arrogant muppet, but he is the best out there IMO.

Well in the last race he kinda got help from Hekki, as he was placed behind Ham therebye blocking any cars behind having a go at Ham. He was never on Hamilton's pace anyway throughout the season. I don't see how the FIA could have helped them win the championship anyway, if anything they would be looking very closely at the Mclarens over last years spygate scandle.

You don't see how the FIA could have helped him? by not penalising him for stupid things and by not letting his closest rival off things that Hamilton himself would have been penalised for? were you watching the same season as us on here?

I dont think Hamilton is in the same league as the top drivers in history and the commentators don't say that either, they say he has the makings of a top driver, time will tell.... he is daring, doesn't always conform to the normal boring drives like most out of there.... but if you wish to slag off our only hope of a decent driver for years...crack on.... your only making a fool of yourself - you cant deny the talent this kid has at his age and so early

ask a question.... do we think that Hailton deserves this more than Kimi did last year?....now that was tactics that won him that title.... he was bearly top all season.... yes its the whole season that counts but the deciding factor was in the end Hamiltons dismal bad luck and inexperiance

They had the same car last year, but that car would not have been as fast without Alonsos development work. Look at what he has done with the Renault this year. Not only is he one of the fastest drivers out there, but he can also set up a bad car to make it better and then drive around its faults to get it near the front. Don't get me wrong I think he is an arrogant muppet, but he is the best out there IMO.

Totally agree there, Alonso along with Schumacher can make an average car great, maybe it's the way they setup their cars to suit their driving styles with aggressive front end grip and they can control the rear end with the throttle. Apparently, a lot of driver's out there can't drive a Schumacher setup car quick!

You don't see how the FIA could have helped him? by not penalising him for stupid things and by not letting his closest rival off things that Hamilton himself would have been penalised for? were you watching the same season as us on here?

I dont think Hamilton is in the same league as the top drivers in history and the commentators don't say that either, they say he has the makings of a top driver, time will tell.... he is daring, doesn't always conform to the normal boring drives like most out of there.... but if you wish to slag off our only hope of a decent driver for years...crack on.... your only making a fool of yourself - you cant deny the talent this kid has at his age and so early

ask a question.... do we think that Hailton deserves this more than Kimi did last year?....now that was tactics that won him that title.... he was bearly top all season.... yes its the whole season that counts but the deciding factor was in the end Hamiltons dismal bad luck and inexperiance

Very true.

Totally agree there, Alonso along with Schumacher can make an average car great, maybe it's the way they setup their cars to suit their driving styles with aggressive front end grip and they can control the rear end with the throttle. Apparently, a lot of driver's out there can't drive a Schumacher setup car quick!

isn't that why kimi struggled ? I still think last years was a bit of a fix, i wouldn't be surprised if the FIA told mclaren they wern't allowed to win the championship. This year he did better and despite the FIA still being against him he won, although if it had been the other way around and kimi went by hamilton i'm sure we would see it differently !

I would have still liked to see Massa win though... oh and at the end of the race where hamilton was trying to get back to the garage I thought he was trying to be a bt big headedm his dad stepped in and made some very good comments which I thought was nice despite me not previously likely him, i think I might have changed my view on him. I just hope mclaren don't have to change the design of the car for next year to get his head into it :)

isnt the guy allowed to have a big head considering he's WORLD champion...... even though i dont think he is THAT big headed considering, all the reports say what a nice genuine guy he is- strange you should come to that conclusion