Facelift Mirror Cover Removal Guide

MODDED9N

Reaction score
Hi guys. New to this forum! I am a pretty technically minded guy but can't really seem to find anything on removing the mirror covers off of my 2009 A3. I have searched through the forum but haven't found anything definitive. I wouldn't ask unless I really had no clue! If anyone could make me up a guide or point me in the direction of one that would be great. Thanks

​Welcome to ASN. One of the guys will be along soon and hopefully help you out. Enjoy the forum.

I swapped mine for carbon fibre covers, but didn't do the changeover myself, however I copied and pasted this from another forum and hope it might be of some help to you. :wub: xx

"Push (or mechanically move) one side of the mirror glass all the way in, then gentle pull on the side sticking out. I recommend getting a wide grip (surface area) on the glass and use a towel too just in case. I've had the mirror break on me before. Although the facelift seems much easier to remove. The glass is held in place with two long prong-like tabs to the motor.

Once the glass is out of the way you basically just pop the plastic mirror housing cap off. There are a few clips top and bottom holding it on, no screws at all. It can be tricky to finagle the thing off, but usually even harder getting the cap back on.

Reverse and repeat."

Reactions: MODDED9N
Helping me with both the mirrors and the grille :D Cheers!

Welcome to the forum and glad you got an answer.

Can I just point you to the 'Thank for this post' button at the bottom of the post which you can use to thank members who help you.

Those that provide useful info. like to know that it is appreciated and this goes towards their overall ratings.

Cheers

Paulie... some of the mirror caps do have small philips screws in them... the ones the i changed over on mine did anyway. SO the op may need to look for screws, if the cap does not just come off then dont tug too hard.
i found that unclipping it from the indicator upwards was easier way to get them off too.

Paulie... some of the mirror caps do have small philips screws in them... the ones the i changed over on mine did anyway. SO the op may need to look for screws, if the cap does not just come off then dont tug too hard.
i found that unclipping it from the indicator upwards was easier way to get them off too.

Cool Ash, thanks for letting us know. I didn't do the swap over of my mirror covers, the above instructions were taken from another Audi forum. Cheers, Dude. :wub: xx