Facelift mirrors fitted.....

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
I know these are marmite, but I personally think they are great :)

frontviewmirrors.jpg

sideviewmirrorone.jpg

sideviewmirror2.jpg

sidemirrorlighted.jpg

One of them will happen this week.

The others will have to wait a wee while now, as I have promised the missus I wont spend any more on the car until we are moved. :motz:

lol, at last!! Very nice! Looks good.

Was it hard getting the door inners off? or just a few screws??? Did you have to vagcom to get the indicators to work?

So tails soon too lol!!!

Last edited:
haha buy her a handbag and that will keep her quiet

If only it was that easy:)

lol, at last!! Very nice! Loos good.

Was it hard getting the door inners off? or just a few screws???

So tails soon too lol!!!

Few screws and a gorilla pull. Very easy

Facelift tails? Whatever makes you say that :respekt:

LOL, for a split second i thought you had a bonnet scoop in the 1st image!

LOL that's next on the list. Followed by aluminium picnic table on the rear with some nice spinners............:cool:

so what did you actually need to do to get these on and working? also does the mirror seem alot bigger than the old ones?

Door needed modding to accept the new mirror bases. You can either fit new door modules for mirror indicators and code or wire to the central electric board. I did the later

scottie are you sure you got 5door variants, as the angle of the door may be different

I don't like these dumbo mirrors at all, but well done, good job.

I must admit they are a bit large, and that is the main reason I kept them body colour to blend them in more.

That is the first thing my missus said also "there are quite large" . But hey she likes 'em like that, so I have been told by the milkman............................:sex:

well it shouldnt be though door angles usually change between 5 and 3 door variants of most brands it was just a theory though in the case of fitting 3 door ones to 5 door i would expect a gap not trimming theyre prob all the same ill try and check it out if i pop in to work on the car after work tomorrow though ive other lifestuff going on atm too much!

should come in line timewise with when i start fitting body panels. but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men

haha its not an easy task though i find after you remove the spongey insert and add a bit of window clean it slides through with a little persuasion its the clips that can be a bit of a bitch and they dont even really do anything one of them isnt required imo but you know those germans they love those white clips, they love the ones on the door cars that will break if you even make a little offhand comment about thier mothers

Although they are larger than the old one's I like that the indicators are integrated into the mirrors. However when I had a MKV Golf as a courtsey car every time I would indicate they would catch my eye and distract me, not sure if these are any different??

Door needed modding to accept the new mirror bases. You can either fit new door modules for mirror indicators and code or wire to the central electric board. I did the later

As long as sharing the circuit doesnt have long term effects on the central board, then should be fine, did you notice any drop in illumination as discussed when doing it that way?

Did you get some help there? :kiss:

He didnt get a kiss thats for sure.

I must admit they are a bit large, and that is the main reason I kept them body colour to blend them in more.

I dont think they're to big at all, vision is superb huh.

Good luck with getting the old mirror cable out of the door skin........Yuo WILL have fun!

Now that part is a real fecker for sure, they're taped to the white plastic cable holders that are fixed into holes inside the door chassis, only way to get them out is to tug gently so the tape comes loose.

Although they are larger than the old one's I like that the indicators are integrated into the mirrors. However when I had a MKV Golf as a courtsey car every time I would indicate they would catch my eye and distract me, not sure if these are any different??

All that is visable fromt he driving position is a small square around 7mm square.

I am only looking at it at eh momwnt, as it is new and novel :)

I would imagine after a coupke of weeks the novelty will wear off and not be noticed at all

That is the first thing my missus said also "there are quite large" . But hey she likes 'em like that, so I have been told by the milkman............................:sex:

Good job anywayz.

As long as sharing the circuit doesnt have long term effects on the central board, then should be fine, did you notice any drop in illumination as discussed when doing it that way?

He didnt get a kiss thats for sure.

I dont think they're to big at all, vision is superb huh.

Now that part is a real fecker for sure, they're taped to the white plastic cable holders that are fixed into holes inside the door chassis, only way to get them out is to tug gently so the tape comes loose.

Only time will tell on the circuit. I may get some module anyway and do it properly. This may be just a short term thing.

He will get a KISS at some point

Vision is excellent now. Even all of my neighbours fat *** can be seen in the feckers. Not that I look though.

A Slight pull? You must be lucky Nige, I reckon it would have been easier to drag Jacko out of mothercare than get my cables out!