Facelift mirrors fitted.....

one member on here did a full facelift front end. he plugged his mirrors into his old door modules and they've worked completely fine for him.

Depends on what you call completely as the led part will only work with the correct door modules, however everything else wiring wise uses the same connections, I seem to recall this conversation before & it turned out it wasnt as per oem or something like that.

Depends on what you call completely as the led part will only work with the correct door modules, however everything else wiring wise uses the same connections, I seem to recall this conversation before & it turned out it wasnt as per oem or something like that.

hmm that wasn't the impression i got from this particular member. i've got facelift door mirrors anyway. but considering the plugs are the same there's no harm in giving it a try - i would do exactly that but my wing mirrors are 130mi away at my parents' house. when i get back to leeds next i'll give it a go

J modules were added in 08 & were fitted on a phased in facelift as we're aware, these were the 1st to feature facelift led indicators, so unless you have J or above, then led's will not work oem fitted, as there isnt coding for it, bottom line.

i thought the led wires just had to be pluged into ceb

There are two ways to get them fella.
First is fit new door modules and iirc some rewire is needed
second way is to tap into the original Side repeaters on the ceb

Mechanical fitment is a straight swap as long as you get the correct ones for you car (3 or 5 door)
They can be made to fit vise versa, but is a lot easier with the right ones.

No, oem is to wire into door modules & code them, the other route is a shortcut & tbh not one I advise as you never know the issues it may raise later, adding to a circuit its not meant for, it may or may not be ok, but I wouldnt want to risk a £200+ CE on that bet.

J modules were added in 08 & were fitted on a phased in facelift as we're aware, these were the 1st to feature facelift led indicators, so unless you have J or above, then led's will not work oem fitted, as there isnt coding for it, bottom line.

I have two brand new door control units osf and nsf p/n 8P0 959 802J and 8P0 959 801J
The reason I have them spare because of a none showing retro fit job for folding mirrors.I have since fitted the Mirrors to another vehicle but have these spare

So if anyone is interested give me a shout with a figure

Last edited:
hi

im just after the second way is to tap into the original Side repeaters on the ceb for know to test them and make sure the leds work and im happy with the mirrors.

A8 can u in box me what sort of cash you want for them ?

I wired into my ceb due to the main reason of cost at the time

Doing it that way was only a temp fix until I got hold of correct doors modules.
I do now have a set , but I still haven't fitted them yet. It's on the list :)

Nhn is totally right in what he is saying. I know mine have been in a year, and tbh , they have been fine up to now, but somethings hide for a while before rearing there ugly head!

My advice would be to fit new door modules, as it is a lot easier and totally oem.

However, if you decide to hard wire straight to ceb, it is very easy to find the correct 2 pins with a test
Meter. Just look for switching voltage when indicator is turned on

any chance some one could just say which pins i need to use as not got a test meter and like i say it is on to test them ?

:friends:

Pin locations for ceb are shown here fella

Ceb

Can't remember the pins of the top of my head fella, it was well over a year ago !!!!!

Ok thanks I take it wiring it that way won't bring a fault light if the dis

I have had to leave my 501s connected from original side repeaters to stop bulb out errors

mine are K from an '09 so they should be ok lol. tbh i've been thinking of selling the whole lot anyway. it'll make me want to do the front end which i have neither the time nor the money to do!

ok thanks so i take it 1 wire from left door mirror goes to pin 11 and right door is pin 6 or 10 ?

ok thanks so i take it 1 wire from left door mirror goes to pin 11 and right door is pin 6 or 10 ?

it depends on how many pins your plug has . either 11 pins or 12. count how many pins your plug has then use the info for the chart

Turn signal right

+ means +v is output from ceb

VESCM 11 pin plug ,pin 06:12 pin plug, pin 10

So if your plug has 11 pins it will go on pin 6 , and if you have a 12 pin plug, it will go on pin 10

Would a "K" Door module be ok for this mod ? :think: And is it a stright swap no wiring ?

Last edited:
Can anybody shed some light on this ? :whistle2:

no m and up

Then why does NHN Say J or above ?

Quote:

hi there does any one have the part numbers for the audi mirror auto folding mechanical led motors... ?? cheers

Last edited:
K supersedes to a J which supersedes to an M, take from that what you will.

K supersedes to a J which supersedes to an M, take from that what you will.

Thanks......So would it be just a plug in and play thing ?

No, for 2 reasons, 1st if its a facelift or prefacelift you do need to code for your cars features although if wired correctly your car may work of the bat fine & if its prefacelift then the looms 32 pin/20 pin need repinning to work.

Would it matter if I bought the door module from Germany ? as there cars are left hand drive ?

There for a 2008 S3 osf and nsf p/n 8P0 959 802J and 8P0 959 801J £100 for the pair

For Digzz

pin outs 2004 and 2008 onwards

Connectors, door control unit, driver side -J386

20-pin connector (supply, lock)
1 - Mirror dip input signal 1 (EC mirror +)
2 - CL motor SAFE
3 - CL feedback locked/safe
4 - CL outside door handle
5- Vacant
6- Vacant
7 - CL terminal 31
8 - CAN - High
9 - CAN - Low
10 - Mirror dip input signal 2 (EC mirror -)
11 - CL motor SAFE/lock
12 - CL terminal 30
13 - CL keyswitch close/open
14- Vacant
15 - CL door contact switch
16 - CL motor unlock
17- Vacant
18 - WL enable, terminal 87 (vacant)
19 - WL terminal 31
20 - WL terminal 30

16-pin connector (exterior mirrors)
1 - Mirror status position X (only with seat memory fitted)
2 - Mirror terminal 31, potentiometer (only with seat memory fitted)
3 - Mirror supply, potentiometer (only with seat memory fitted)
4 - Mirror adjustment motor Y-direction
5 - Mirror adjustment motor X/Y-direction
6- Vacant
7 - Mirror heating
8 - Mirror dip output signal 1 (EC mirror +)
9 - Mirror status position Y (only with seat memory fitted)
10- Vacant
11 - Mirror terminal 31
12 - Mirror adjustment motor X-direction
13- Vacant
14 - Mirror folding motor -
15 - Mirror folding motor +
16 - Mirror dip output signal 2 (EC mirror -)

32-pin connector (to door trim)
1 - BE - Exit/warning lamp
2 - BE - Terminal 31 (2) (AWL)
3 - BF - Window lifter button rear right
4 - BE - Terminal 31 (1) (AWL)
5 - CL SAFE LED
6 - BE - Terminal 58b (1)
7 - BF - Interior locking button (LOCK/UNLOCK)
8 - BF - Window lifter button front right (local)
9- Vacant
10 - Memory button + emergency off button (only with seat memory fitted)
11 - Memory position buttons (only with seat memory fitted)
12 - BF - Tailgate remote release button (only in 5-door, USA)
13 - Alarm system Off button (tilt sensor inactive)
14 - BE - Interior door handle illumination
15- Vacant
16 - Status LED button for interior monitoring (deactivate interior monitoring)
17 - Status LED button for alarm system off (deactivate tilt sensor)
18 - CL - Inside door handle (not implemented)
19 - BF - Mirror adjustment L/R
20 - BF - Mirror adjustment X/Y
21 - BF - Window lifter button rear right (local)
22 - BE - Terminal 58b (2) (mirror adjuster switch)
23 - BE - Terminal 58b (3) (mirror/stowage illumination)
24 - BF - Window lifter button front left (local)
25- Vacant
26 - BF - Child lock
27 - Memory supply terminal 30
28 - BF - Button for tank lid unlock
29 - BF - Mirror heating
30 - Button for interior monitoring
31 - LED - Interior locking button (LOCK)
32 - LED - Child lock button

Connectors, door control unit, driver side -J386
(from model year '08)

20-pin connector (supply, lock)
1 - Mirror dip input signal 1 (EC mirror +)
2 - CL motor SAFE
3 - CL feedback locked/safe
4 - Not used
5 - Not used
6 - CL terminal 31
7 - CL door contact switch
8 - CAN High
9 - CAN Low
10 - Mirror dip input signal 2 (EC mirror -)
11 - CL SAFE LED
12 - CL motor SAFE/lock
13 - CL motor unlock
14 - Not used
15 - LIN
16 - CL keyswitch open/close
17 - Not used
18 - CL terminal 30
19 - WL terminal 31
20 - WL terminal 30

16-pin connector (exterior mirrors)
1 - Not used
2 - Not used
3 - Not used
4 - Mirror adjustment motor Y-direction
5 - Mirror adjustment motor X/Y-direction
6 - Not used
7 - Mirror heating
8 - Mirror dip output signal 1 (EC mirror +)
9 - Not used
10 - Not used
11 - Mirror terminal 31
12 - Mirror adjustment motor X-direction
13 - Mirror indicator (rate action)
14 - Mirror folding motor -
15 - Mirror folding motor +
16 - Mirror dip output signal 2 (EC mirror -)

32-pin connector (to door trim)
1 - Status LED - Interior locking button
2 - Not used
3 - Status LED - Child lock button
4 - Status LED button for interior monitoring (deactivate interior monitoring)
5 - Status LED button for alarm system off (deactivate tilt sensor)
6 - BF - Mirror adjustment L/R
7 - BF - Window lifter button rear right, driver
8 - BF - Mirror adjustment X/Y
9 - Not used
10 - Alarm system Off button (tilt sensor inactive)
11 - Not used
12 - Not used
13 - BF - Button for tank lid unlock
14 - BF - Child lock button
15 - BF - Window lifter button front right, driver
16 - Not used
17 - BE - Interior door handle illumination
18 - BE - Door exit/warning lamp
19 - BE - terminal 31
20 - Not used
21 - BF - terminal 31
22 - Not used
23 - BF - Window lifter button rear left, driver
24 - BE - terminal 58b
25 - BE - terminal 58b
26 - BE - Switch/stowage compartment illumination
27 - Button for interior monitoring
28 - Not used
29 - Not used
30 - BF - Tailgate remote release button (only in 5-door, USA)
31 - BF - Window lifter button front left, driver
32 - BF - Interior locking button (LOCK/UNLOCK)

Ok.... Me and RS Need to put the Icing on the cake of are 8p3 conversions.....:eyebrows:

We need to wire up the New mirror indicates ...as it's really frustrating both of us at the moment.....and also dangerous while driving around with no side indicates.

I've also bought some new alpine speakers to fit in as well......as I'm already getting the door cards off so might as well do 2 things at the same time.....less bother...really...

I'm ready to fit these new door modules and was wondering what I need to re-pin from my old module?

My door modules are J .

Also would I need to take my old indicator wire and put it through 2 of the pin sets ? As I still have my old indicator hanging out from inside the wing. :think:

Just transfer the wing side repeater wires to the door control unit

t16
earth 11
signal 13

just connect them from the motor to the mirror and test them, if they work just insulate the wing wiring

see what happens

if they don't then just wire direct to the mirrors as i need to check the wiring differences 2004 /2009

2004 j519 sorts the signal out and 2009 i think its a canbus signal

2009 has a different set up with central electrics and convenience in the same control unit so think you are going to have to wire direct

see how you get on

Last edited:
Just check the resistance isnt gonna be an issue, if using sides for supply to mirrors, given its going from filament to led's.

Its always been a can signal for the mirror led's mate, they used the older module still on the 08 facelifts iirc then swapped to the newer module 09 all in one module on MY10, but still retained same can signal for the mirrors through the door modules.

with them having the (k) j519 then yes they should be able to encode the door control units and j519 to send can data to the door mirror

but it needs looking into as the wiring on the vehicle is 2004 with hard-wired wing indicators

sure we will find out soon enough lol

I hazard a guess if you used newer door modules that support coding for mirror indicators, it may still work with older CE's as didnt code anything on the CE to support the mirror led's, only coded door modules, but still have to rewire the door modules regardless.

I hazard a guess if you used newer door modules that support coding for mirror indicators, it may still work with older CE's as didnt code anything on the CE to support the mirror led's, only coded door modules, but still have to rewire the door modules regardless.

The distributed function would suggest so as indicator switch on signal through steering control unit onto the bus network j519 then forwards the signal to the door control unit and then to the led
However the can data signal would need binary so I can only presume j519 needs looking at as the 2004 would suggest j519 would simply enable the relay within to out put the signal were as can is generating a command to the door control unit assigned to the network

Anyway if they wire in of t16 to the led and output test the door control unit it should work

However then it needs to be checked the input into the door control unit is sending indicator request

All good fun lol

Sent from my iPhone using
My fat fingers

Ok I'm getting a little confused on what I actually have to do here ... Sorry if I sound a bit of a novice ...

OK I've sourced terminal 16 and have sourced the wires for 11 & 13 which my old wires need to be connected too.

So do I disconnect them out of the pin plug and join them to my old indicator wire ? If so what was the point of me changing the Module ?

img1523g.jpg