Facelift RS3 Sportback

"Banter" aside, I'm cringing at how some posters are responding about the FL. Of course the FL isn't a massive change, it was never going to be. But its big news for those of us who were not in a position to order the initial RS3. I've bolded that for a reason as unless I'm mistaken, no one on here intentionally skipped ordering the initial car to wait for a potential FL. People seem to be thinking that is what happened?

I'm happy for those who currently own, I wish I could have been in a RS3 for the past 20K. Now here we are, higher price and higher tax but still great news for those wanting to buy new.

Reactions: ComputerControlled and Scottyg
Current car is awesome. FL will be equally as awesome. I still can't get over how loud and raucous the RS3 is. And I can't believe the FL will be any louder but it will certainly be faster.

Quite like the front end. More aggressive although I think the current car is possibly prettier.

Interior looks exactly the same bar the virtual dash.

What sealed it for me in buying a nearly new, low mileage and well specced car was the fact the FL would have likely cost me a good £10k more like for like spec. Oh, and I couldn't wait any longer!

Reactions: Radman
I'm more set on the saloon as it looks far better than the sportback. It will be a race to the dealers in April once the order books open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But will you really be in the queue? Hmmmm...

Reactions: Radman
I thought you were ready to eat humble pie, yet instead you have moved on to bashing the FL in a roundabout way to justify the Pre to FL to yourself.

Guaranteed if you were in the market for the FL you would be bellowing about how much sharper the front end looks etc.

Let it go. The FL SB has arrived you were wrong
I think what he's trying to say is that it's just not that great. I'm sure it's a great car but in all honesty, is it that different? And with that in mind, worth the increase in price? I'm not so sure myself.

Reactions: dno_uk and Radman
I think what he's trying to say is that it's just not that great. I'm sure it's a great car but in all honesty, is it that different? And with that in mind, worth the increase in price? I'm not so sure myself.
I'm not saying this applies to the UK, but in NZ the standard list price for the RS3 Sedan is about NZD$7k (GBP4k) more than the outgoing RS3 SB, BUT that includes a lot more standard equipment than the old SB. My dealer reckons the SB FL will come in about NZD$3k cheaper than the sedan, with the standard kit.

In NZ, virtual cockpit, all driver assistance options, sports exhaust, magnetic dampers, rear camera, sports seats, heated seats, lighting package etc are all standard equipment. See attached pricing PDF.

So I guess what I'm saying if there is a price increase in the UK, I don't think it's Audi doing it, it will be the strength of the pound, taxes or other factors.

Attachments

• RS 3 SD Spec MY17 13 Dec 2016.pdf
    128 KB · Views: 188
I do like the look & tweaks of the new car I must confess but it doesn't make me want to rush out and change my pre-fl for one.
If money was no object I would lol ... but it is :)
It will however present a quandary for when I am ready to change as the FL will have been out a while by then and be towards the end of its life cycle - but equally a new 3 platform will likely be looming but an RS3 would be some time away.
I will for sure consider another as it is by far my fave car to date.
You Guys who are getting in line to order a FL will have a stunner to look forward to for sure.
Just love the virtual dash too its great :sunglasses:

Reactions: Scottyg
I do like the look & tweaks of the new car I must confess but it doesn't make me want to rush out and change my pre-fl for one.
If money was no object I would lol ... but it is :)
It will however present a quandary for when I am ready to change as the FL will have been out a while by then and be towards the end of its life cycle - but equally a new 3 platform will likely be looming but an RS3 would be some time away.
I will for sure consider another as it is by far my fave car to date.
You Guys who are getting in line to order a FL will have a stunner to look forward to for sure.
Just love the virtual dash too its great :sunglasses:

Nice for a true owner to give a positive reply!

The virtual dash is more appealing than the power hike IMO.

So I guess what I'm saying if there is a price increase in the UK, I don't think it's Audi doing it, it will be the strength of the pound, taxes or other factors.

Not true, i was told by my dealer end of last year that because of brexit and other ******** excuses audi themselfs had put quite a % increase on the cars across the range. Im sure he said 11%! But i cant remember. Ill ask him when i next pop in
Plus all the other factors and thats why most are being led to believe 46-47k. My dealership told me they were under the impression it would be 47.5k starting for the saloon. So 46k for sb sounds right.

Is someone going to start a book on this?!

If Audi stick 11% on prices across the range then their sales will take a heavy knock.

The 5-year average of £/euro is 1.24. Not massively dissimilar to what it is today (1.18). When Marine Le Pen (hopefully) wins the French election and pulls them out the EU, causing the collapse of the Euro and strengthening of the £, I hope Audi slash the prices and sell us RS3's for £20k!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
ahhhhh, I sense the smoke and mirrors of Audi dealer contribution will be at work resulting in customers feeling that they have got a good deal!

Unfortunately Audi are very reluctant to give any significant reductions on premuim models, especially at launch, so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the coming months and what deals people can get.

Unfortunately I don't believe it is the way he keeps going on an on like a broken record in a few threads.

With the lighter engine and control arms it should improve the handling again they say so more than just looks you would hope.

I do agree though, if I had the Pre FL I would be more than happy with that and probably wait until the next Mk appears unless of course the saloon appeals. Personally I think the SB is much nicer looking.

As it stands I'll just stick with my now on the boat to Emden lowly TTS which will no doubt itself be hit with a FL upgrade and a 7 speed box which for me is going to be the biggest annoyance but I'm not paying that extra tax!

I thought the TTS already had the 7-speed gearbox?

I think Audi have perfected this FL car with a lighter engine, more power and better styling inside and out! Well done Audi I say and what a car this will be.
The reviewers won't be able to slag off the car for understeer now!

No only the RS mate but I expect it will come similar to the FL S3

Audi TTS does indeed come with the 7-speed DSG, same as the S3 and Golf R all sharing the same 2.0ltr TFSI 310bhp engines.

I'm 99% sure the TTS has the 7-speed!

How did you know?! You must be recording my calls how freaky!

No mate but something tells me that you're the last person on here who will be getting behind the wheel of an RS3 any time soon.

I think Audi have perfected this FL car with a lighter engine, more power and better styling inside and out! Well done Audi I say and what a car this will be.
The reviewers won't be able to slag off the car for understeer now!

Blah blah blah... TDI talk!

It doesn't mate I tried to load via Photobucket a direct screenshot of my order but it doesn't work on here. It's 6 speed 110 percent

Not sure if this link will still show the info but it is 6 speed - well discussed on the TT forum

http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/mo..._mradf46_gwc9wc9_mzie4zd_mbbo6fj_mlse9vs.html
I stand corrected. You are quite right. Apologies! I could have sworn it was 7-speed.

Must say, the 7-speed is nice on the motorways, although I reckon the 6-speed in my Golf R was smoother.

Why?

Why?

You just sound a bit too bitter mate. Even when the F/L is announced, rather than just being happy that you got what you wanted - you just spend your time doing down the current model. Bit pointless really.

Reactions: dno_uk
I stand corrected. You are quite right. Apologies! I could have sworn it was 7-speed.

Must say, the 7-speed is nice on the motorways, although I reckon the 6-speed in my Golf R was smoother.

No worries, I never found the S3 or golf R lacking when I test drove them a couple of years back and I certainly didn't notice it when I jumped into the M135i shortly after.

Not the same type of box I know but the Beemer 8spd was very good for motorway miles/traffic etc.

Anyway enough of my non RS3 chat, this wait is killing me as it is, so no way I can hold off for the FL RS3-back of the queue for me again!

First it was never coming to UK.
Then it was never coming as a Sportback.
Then it wouldn't be released in the next year.
Claims they aren't phased by it.
Now it's going to be far too expensive.
Now the tax will make it unaffordable.
Now the improvements are not worthwhile.

You really have to love the levels of repetitive irrational denial this facelift has caused amongst some of the current owners.
These ladies doth protest too much,
Reality is some hate the very thought of it, and the thought of others looking forward to it, which is a real shame for the forum.

Reactions: JonoNZ and D0C
First it was never coming to UK.
Then it was never coming as a Sportback.
Then it wouldn't be released in the next year.
Claims they aren't phased by it.
Now it's going to be far too expensive.
Now the tax will make it unaffordable.
Now the improvements are not worthwhile.

You really have to love the levels of repetitive irrational denial this facelift has caused amongst some of the current owners.
These ladies doth protest too much,
Reality is some hate the very thought of it, and the thought of others looking forward to it, which is a real shame for the forum.
Blah blah green eyed blah!
Craig most the talk on this particular forum really doesn't concern you... I think you should get back in your basket you naughty Renault owner.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
A don't get why you keep going on about it Craig you don't have one don't want one, so why keep coming on here?

Reactions: ComputerControlled
You just sound a bit too bitter mate. Even when the F/L is announced, rather than just being happy that you got what you wanted - you just spend your time doing down the current model. Bit pointless really.

Not bitter at all I'm simply waiting on this FL to land and think it's a big improvement on the previous one (with all the minor issues i.e. Understeer and even more power)

Any more ideas on price people? Starting at £46500 still do we think?

Not bitter at all I'm simply waiting on this FL to land and think it's a big improvement on the previous one (with all the minor issues i.e. Understeer and even more power)

Any more ideas on price people? Starting at £46500 still do we think?

Minor issues like understeer and even more power lol. Really?
Price wise - a hell of a step up from the TDI range that you're used to.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Tom_L
Minor issues like understeer and even more power lol. Really?
Price wise - a hell of a step up from the TDI range that you're used to.

The FL will be a hell of a step up but the old one is far too heavy on the front end.
'Tearsofjoy' TX