Facelift RS3?

Yea massive discounts on the a45 without trying sounds like your quote was on full rrp.

Mind you give me whatever discount you like I'd still not but one over the rs3 lol

750?! How much was your deposit? You can obtain 10 - 11% discount easily. 3k down and a 3/4 year pcp at 10k miles a year your 520. I've looked ;)

FBF01, it was a high spec, the car was 47,275! That also included the GAP insurance, tyre insurance and paint protection. I actually know the business manager in there and he said he will be able to get them price down but i doubt it will be much lower than £700 a month. I got a quote of £680 odd with the same £3k deposit on the RS3. The Merc would have to be around £100 - £150 a month cheaper to even consider it over the Audi. I got my mind set on the Audi i just hope they start production again, with or without the facelift the car is a beaut!!!

What prices do most RS3 owners pay on PCP with around 3k deposit and a 48k spec car?

Thanks

Reactions: FBF01
Very neat, John, very neat...
smileyfaceapplausegif_zps0lew9opx.gif

Terminator X, is that your car? That's the colour i will be ordering eventually!
Are them front lights tinted flightly or standard?

I just received mine a week ago and i find hard to believe that the current RS3 8V will only have a year of production.

There is dynos of several stock RS3 8V putting down 380-390hp, so a 400hp model will be hard to be noticed on a performance matter. Being this rumor true, then the current RS3 exterior will be even more exclusive with just a year of production, which pleases me alot. My only concern is about the tranny, because this can change completely the character of power delivery.

But when you consider the aftermarket offers, then you can upgrade the power level to reliable 500hp range with just hybrid turbo, intercooler and downpipe. The current tranny is also fitted into the HPG 3.6 Biturbo Golf, which handles 750hp pretty well and ashamed several exotic cars in performance department.

Reactions: Terminator x
Agreed ..... current RS3 now has even greater exclusivity - it sounds like a complete gamble waiting for a face lift in terms of when it might be.

Then there is the question of whether it will be sportback or saloon or both. Saloon is no interest to me but it's quite possible it may be saloon only but hopefully not.

I'm so pleased I have my car now and all the waiting is over ... it would be killing me waiting for news on a facelift with nothing forthcoming.

Echo many of the thoughts on the Merc. I could not get past the cramped claustrophobic plasticky interior either.
Plus the 4 pot can never compete with audis glorious 5 cylinder masterpiece
:bluecar::boom::boom::speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:

Even on the Audi Uk website they don't allow you to configure the RS3 no more! Why don't they just release something, surely someone knows what's going on! Might have to just get a ****** Ford RS lol...

Focus Rs thought they were sold out too? Wonder if the wife would have one I could track it lol

Even on the Audi Uk website they don't allow you to configure the RS3 no more! Why don't they just release something, surely someone knows what's going on! Might have to just get a ****** Ford RS lol...

They must be getting ready for the facelift update. Can you configure an S3?

It's bad enough waiting for the car when you've ordered it .... but waiting before you can start the official wait really must be awful so feel ya pain .... only help I can give is that these cars ARE worth the wait ... BIG TIME !!!

Reactions: Terminator x
It's bad enough waiting for the car when you've ordered it .... but waiting before you can start the official wait really must be awful so feel ya pain .... only help I can give is that these cars ARE worth the wait ... BIG TIME !!!

I know!! Like I said earlier I can get a build date this year for delivery in June / July but I think it might be worth waiting 3-4 months for a car with even more power!!

I know!! Like I said earlier I can get a build date this year for delivery in June / July but I think it might be worth waiting 3-4 months for a car with even more power!!

Believe me these cars are PLENTY powerful enough as is lol !!!

It's if you want the new face & virtual dash which should sway you or not ... but it's such a big ? over when they'll be back for ordering so could be a loooong wait !!

Believe me these cars are PLENTY powerful enough as is lol !!!

It's if you want the new face & virtual dash which should sway you or not ... but it's such a big ? over when they'll be back for ordering so could be a loooong wait !!

I'm not into the virtual dash so I would leave that option off but it's just the extra power and the standard equipment like the 7inch pop up screen which might make me wait.
When it's so close to the new model being available then I guess it would be stupid to rush out and get the current (soon to be old shape) at full price.

I guess if my dealer would offer 20% off list then I'd sign but that's never ever ever going to happen so I guess I've made up my mind

Reactions: Radman
I'm not into the virtual dash so I would leave that option off but it's just the extra power and the standard equipment like the 7inch pop up screen which might make me wait.
When it's so close to the new model being available then I guess it would be stupid to rush out and get the current (soon to be old shape) at full price.

I guess if my dealer would offer 20% off list then I'd sign but that's never ever ever going to happen so I guess I've made up my mind
Join the club

TT RS gets unwrapped in a few hours, that will give pointers towards new engine, the power on offer from the new 2.5l, new RS family bumpers and an idea of pricing.

Very impressive eh any word on the price tag yet?
Wonder what the 0-60 will be with launch control in real world when the old model rs3 8v was timing at 3.8-3.9 to 60?

Reactions: Radman
Wow!!! what a car that sounds seriously quick!
That will put the new RS3 mailed ahead of the old one in power and weight.
I think it will be worth the wait as its a considerable updated car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: veeeight
so we have an old engine but stronger.

the only thing I like from new engine is the dual injection.

:)

Finally, a 3dr RS without spending loopy amounts of money although no manual it seems.
Hard to see the existing RS3 power plant remaining if there is a new shiny one that has had lots of time and money developing it, if the new engine really is 26kg lighter that is a huge change and can only be better in every way............
Has to be a revised RS3 using the new motor, if I were in the market for a new RS3 I would be waiting.

Reactions: Jassyo06
lol of course this new engine will feature in a new RS3 ... whenever one surfaces !
but if anyone thinks the change will be noticable when it only shaves 0.3 seconds off the 0 to 62mph time then you are having a laugh :)

Seriously ... it is progress and is great for pub room stats and bragging rights over the A45 AMG to reclaim 'hottest' hatch crown again but 0 to 62 in 4.3 seconds as it is now vs 4.0 seconds with the new engine, in real world terms - us jo public types aint gonna notice this one bit.

Either way its good news as we want Audi to keep on improving things - lets just hope the price tag doesn't reflect these changes too much though :)

Actually more tempted with the TTRS than any new RS3 now LOL.
It even looks good in Nardo.
Price looks like being £50K starting.

Actually more tempted with the TTRS than any new RS3 now LOL.
It even looks good in Nardo.
Price looks like being £50K starting.

If you don't need rear seats or hatch practicality then the TTRS would be a stuninng car.
It does look good in nardo doesn't it .... just not sure about the alloys ?

I guess this has made my mind up.....why rush to get the old RS3 buildslot when the new one will be announced very soon.
Aluminium engine blocks, more power and a 7inch screen......maybe even the same steering wheel as this TTRS = wow.
You would be stupid not to wait unless you are desperate.

Plus this steering wheel is similar to the new R8 one so I'm guessing the new RS3 will have the same wheel. Engine start on the wheel looks smart.
Massive improvements for a 'facelift'

Depends what you call very soon lol and what are you categorising as 'massive' improvements as nothing is official for the RS3 yet :tearsofjoy::laughing:
We know it will have the general revisions as per the A3/S3 a la virtual dash / lights / paint & can guess the revised engine will likely feature but thats it.
The steering wheel will be TTRS specific as that design is as the mark III generic TT steering wheel.
If I were in the market now for an RS3 I would wait though ... why would you not ?
Only big question is as noted, you could be waiting ages for official news on the car and then delivery months later, most likely 2017.
IMO the changes are VERY cosmetic and will hardly change the car at all - but I will likely still order another one myself in a couple of years as I can't see anything else for this money and overall package beating it :sunglasses:

If you don't need rear seats or hatch practicality then the TTRS would be a stuninng car.
It does look good in nardo doesn't it .... just not sure about the alloys ?
Yeah wheels are the weak point. Audi UK have updated their home page and have an image of the coupe in red with the black pack, it looks extremely aggressive for an Audi!

I keep coming back here for news and if the new TTRS is a foretaste of things to come to the RS3, then I'm even more keen to get one. It's just frustrating having no official news or even spy shots from the ring :(

Edit: TTRS info is on the Audi UK website 'coming late 2016'...

Reactions: FBF01
When I went to my Audi dealer last week when he told me they was not accepting any orders for a month or so due to the A3 range facelift. I was told I would be looking at around £680 a month on PCP. Is that a reasonable price or will I be able to squeeze him down a bit? The car is £48k.
I have not bought a new car do an new to it.

I'm interested in this too, Rob. I've not seen it mentioned on the forums, but have you guys looked at broadspeed.com? They were quoting over 3k discount on the RS3 before it was pulled. I used them to buy my B7 A4 in 2005.

I got a bit carried away with the finance functions in Excel but its possible to work out that for my mileage and term, the bubble payment at the end is about 42% of the total cost. Spread the remaining amount over 48 months with an interest rate of 6.8%, throw in my own £5K deposit and it came to about £560 a month for £48k's worth of RS3.

Now that assumes all the optional extras affect the guaranteed final value (which reading this forum seems not to be the case) and £3k of dealer discount. Remove the £3K discount and it rises to £603 a month. If you then assume that the GMV is based on the stock car alone, then it further rises to £670 a month (as you are paying for all your added options over the term).

This is just with a spreadsheet, talking to real dealers and getting a final price will vary a lot. When I bought my last pair of Audis, I went to three different dealer franchises and got three entirely different prices, so it pays to shop around a bit.

The following is mentioned in another thread & direct from Audi.
Not good news if you are waiting in hope for a face lift RS3 any time soon .........

Thank you for your email.

I have just spoken to Audi product technical and they have confirmed that there currently are no plans to facelift the RS3.
The A3 is having a facelift but they have however stopped production on RS3’s due to having met the target on them in regards to sales.

it may end up being well into next year when the new RS3 is re-released after all and would explain why the USA will not see a RS3 saloon until autumn 2017. Could it be possible that the next RS3 might be saloon only world-wide ? More so if availability of the new TTRS is not likely till the end of 2016.

@Foxtrot_Oscar I would defo go down the TTRS route if that does interest you mate :yes:

I'm interested in this too, Rob. I've not seen it mentioned on the forums, but have you guys looked at broadspeed.com? They were quoting over 3k discount on the RS3 before it was pulled. I used them to buy my B7 A4 in 2005.

I got a bit carried away with the finance functions in Excel but its possible to work out that for my mileage and term, the bubble payment at the end is about 42% of the total cost. Spread the remaining amount over 48 months with an interest rate of 6.8%, throw in my own £5K deposit and it came to about £560 a month for £48k's worth of RS3.

Now that assumes all the optional extras affect the guaranteed final value (which reading this forum seems not to be the case) and £3k of dealer discount. Remove the £3K discount and it rises to £603 a month. If you then assume that the GMV is based on the stock car alone, then it further rises to £670 a month (as you are paying for all your added options over the term).

This is just with a spreadsheet, talking to real dealers and getting a final price will vary a lot. When I bought my last pair of Audis, I went to three different dealer franchises and got three entirely different prices, so it pays to shop around a bit.

Hi Vyra,

I sort of don't understand how they work out that the extra's does not affect the residual value that much. Everyone likes extra's and i'm pretty sure most people dont go and get a standard RS3! Why would you? The RS3 in Nardo without the black pack and black wheels looks horrible, put them on and it looks amazing!

Like i said the dealer was coming back with £3000 deposit and £520 standard car (£41,000) for every £1000 of extra's he said would be £25 more per month! I had £7000 worth of extra's. So that actually makes it around £695...

It's a nice car but is it really worth that much money? I was hoping to get one spec'd up for around £600. Do I have chance at that?

Thanks guys!