Facelift S3 front Retrofit

there have been a few sets on didnt realise you were looking mate if you need covers witht he indicators drop me a line ive a set of freshly painted black ones

it's the baseplates that are the problem. i don't wanna have to be filing them down like Scottie did.

if i find some complete mirrors i may well take you up on your covers, and your door modules if you still have them

is there any way using the wiring from the wing mounted indicator straight into the mirror or no? that would probably be my chosen solution

No there isn't but all you have to do is wire it from the CE module. I also din't use facelift door modules as it meant having to re-pin the CE but you can do it either way.

door modules are a nice convenient way of adding features though :) no repin required with the modules dean (except on the door cards

I would have had to re-pin mine because of my CE, yours is a newer one so that's probably why..

dean how did you mount the wings? did you do the same as Phil or did you do something different?

(photos would be good if you have them)

I would have had to re-pin mine because of my CE, yours is a newer one so that's probably why..

little problems liek this a riddle a build its always good to know that they may be a problem for others before t nips them without them knowing, presonally subby i think my way is the best way, that way you keep all factory mounts and adjusttments, plus it looks OEM ill grab some detailed pics and mark em up for you subby

dean how did you mount the wings? did you do the same as Phil or did you do something different?

(photos would be good if you have them)

Sub, my wings are exactly like Phil's, (And no, I din't copy him! :laugh:)

I actually had thought of filing the legs but was advised against it as well as replacing the 'legs' (Too expensive) The garage was quite a gem to be honest.

Depending on where you are, and if you don't want to do the work yourself, you could have your conversion done at the garage? Best thing, they keep you mobile with free courtesy car! And if you have all your parts, will take less than a week. Only thing though, wiring is a niche market so you (or a friend) have to do it yourself.

Sub, my wings are exactly like Phil's, (And no, I din't copy him! :laugh:)

I actually had thought of filing the legs but was advised against it as well as replacing the 'legs' (Too expensive) The garage was quite a gem to be honest.

Depending on where you are, and if you don't want to do the work yourself, you could have your conversion done at the garage? Best thing, they keep you mobile with free courtesy car! And if you have all your parts, will take less than a week. Only thing though, wiring is a niche market so you (or a friend) have to do it yourself.

i called the same garage that you used - asked to speak to darren but after calling them every day for 3 days someone called paul called me back and i asked for a quote.

with the exception of changing the front panel and moving the mounting points on the wings i'm happy to give it a crack. but i would need the car every day lol, and i've never worked on a car before so i'd imagine it's all gonna end in tears

plus as i've said i'm not sure it's worth the effort if i'm not gonna have the DRLs at the end of it and parts aren't exactly cheap

hmm decisions decisions! i wish i'd never joined this forum, i'd be SO much better off financially lol

i called the same garage that you used - asked to speak to darren but after calling them every day for 3 days someone called paul called me back and i asked for a quote.

with the exception of changing the front panel and moving the mounting points on the wings i'm happy to give it a crack. but i would need the car every day lol, and i've never worked on a car before so i'd imagine it's all gonna end in tears

plus as i've said i'm not sure it's worth the effort if i'm not gonna have the DRLs at the end of it and parts aren't exactly cheap

hmm decisions decisions! i wish i'd never joined this forum, i'd be SO much better off financially lol

If you want, you can PM me your number and I'll pass it to Darren to give you a call personally and as I had said, you'll get a courtesy car too so you'll be mobile.

I din't have any idea on were to start myself and I'd rather have someone who knows what their doing as I din't want bits flying off as that's what would probably happen if I'd done it! :laugh:

There's quite a few DRL headlights going on ebay.de or you could fit facelift halogens (depending on what you have now) while waiting for a pair.

You are quite right about this forum though, people tend to spend your money!:yes:

ive a spare set of facelift drls subby youd need ballasts and bulbs ill pm you pics

Will a fbmfsw fit a 54plate a3? part num 8po 064 2446. Audi site says 06-. can this be added?

If you want, you can PM me your number and I'll pass it to Darren to give you a call personally and as I had said, you'll get a courtesy car too so you'll be mobile.

I din't have any idea on were to start myself and I'd rather have someone who knows what their doing as I din't want bits flying off as that's what would probably happen if I'd done it! :laugh:

There's quite a few DRL headlights going on ebay.de or you could fit facelift halogens (depending on what you have now) while waiting for a pair.

You are quite right about this forum though, people tend to spend your money!:yes:

that would be good. i'll PM you in a sec

ive a spare set of facelift drls subby youd need ballasts and bulbs ill pm you pics

stop tempting meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

do it subby id rather they went to you ;) plus you know all the conversion info is here if you want it ;)

yes, yes... i can get all the parts from a breaker that's selling a complete set. i'd need to get an S-Line bumper tho cos his is a Sport. thing is i've seen a fairly rare set of wheels that i might buy instead, so conversion is being delayed!

either way i think i'd go halogen with headlamp washers first, then try and auto levelling and then Xenon last. that way the cost is bearable, as is the workload

the autolevelling retro isnt that hard tbh niether is the rewire but it does sound like a manageable way to keep the car roadworthy while you do the conversion

that's for a 5 door. you can tell by looking where the lights would meet the bumper. 3drs/convertibles are flat. 5drs have a little triangle extra.

give a man a fish... teach a man to fish...