Facelift S4 grille / parking sensors

Locoblade

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

S4 upload
First time post here but a long time BabyBMW forum member as well as Pistonheads having recently swapped my 130i for a 2012 facelift S4, so hello :)

I'm loving pretty much everything about the car, mechanically and option wise it's exactly what I was after (S-Tronic, full ADS, sport diff, HDD Nav, B&O etc), the only thing I really had to compromise on was that it's not a Black Edition.

That means an excess of chrome (in my opinion!) but at least it creates a bit of a project to keep me busy getting that sorted out, so my first question is regarding replacement grilles. I'm not super keen on the RS4 aftermarket replacements so would like to hold out for a genuine OEM Audi grille, which will have to be second hand given the price of a new one. Given that I doubt they come up that often, if I end up getting a grille from a car without front parking sensors how easy would it be to mount the sensors? I assume they won't work if simply positioned behind the plastic as looking at my grille the two sensors are exposed in the blocked out section either side of the numberplate? I'm guessing if I could bond some kind of mount to the back of the bumper I could (carefully!) cut two suitably sized holes in a non-sensor equipped grille and mount my sensors through the holes?

Does anyone have any pictures of the back of a grille with and without parking sensor mounts so I can compare and see what I'm up against?

cheers

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Hi Chaps

View attachment 65202 First time post here but a long time BabyBMW forum member as well as Pistonheads having recently swapped my 130i for a 2012 facelift S4, so hello :)

I'm loving pretty much everything about the car, mechanically and option wise it's exactly what I was after (S-Tronic, full ADS, sport diff, HDD Nav, B&O etc), the only thing I really had to compromise on was that it's not a Black Edition.

That means an excess of chrome (in my opinion!) but at least it creates a bit of a project to keep me busy getting that sorted out, so my first question is regarding replacement grilles. I'm not super keen on the RS4 aftermarket replacements so would like to hold out for a genuine OEM Audi grille, which will have to be second hand given the price of a new one. Given that I doubt they come up that often, if I end up getting a grille from a car without front parking sensors how easy would it be to mount the sensors? I assume they won't work if simply positioned behind the plastic as looking at my grille the two sensors are exposed in the blocked out section either side of the numberplate? I'm guessing if I could bond some kind of mount to the back of the bumper I could (carefully!) cut two suitably sized holes in a non-sensor equipped grille and mount my sensors through the holes?

Does anyone have any pictures of the back of a grille with and without parking sensor mounts so I can compare and see what I'm up against?

cheers
Hi & :welcome!: to Audi Sport Net @Locoblade :thumbs up:

I'm sure those that in the know on the grille subject will be along to help you

Enjoy the site :thumbs up:

Reactions: Locoblade
Cheers for the welcome, don't want to swap grilles do you, chrome looks amazing on blue so I'm told? :D