Facelift Sportback Rear Lights - How Do Yours Work

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am playing with some wiring (as usual :p) & done the conversion (on my SB to new rears) easily enough with standard wiring changes without those ****** kufatec looms.

But I'm curious how the factory fitted rear lights work & how the kufatec loomed facelift rear lights work, as I have maybe found a nice little mod with a small wiring change.

So tell me, when you brake do your led's get brighter or the bulb/s in the middle of the led's, be nice for both types of fitments to please provide info.

Do the led rings just get used as parking lights so no other use.

What do the 2 bulbs generally get used as, in the middle of the outer led rings.

Also according to reports the kufatec loom says to connect to the number plate bulbs, personally I'm running the wires between the inner/outer as per oem so no brightness difference, but kufatec fitments, have you noticed the inner leds are dimmer, as of course different feed to the outer led ring so expect different brightness level.

Whats your current module 09 coding.

Thanks in advance & once I have info & tested further I'll update of maybe a mod for people if they prefer.

Just fitted mine Nige, using the kufatec loom

Once the missus has got her *** into gear and done the dishes, I will get her to come and press pedals and switches :)

You can ring me you lazy **** & post on here lmfao, nah mate please shout me asap as need some info from you please.

PS. Buy her a dishwasher lmfao

Led's stay the same brightness no matter what.

As far as I can see, there is no difference in brightness between the inner and outer clusters.

They stay on from any lighted position ie sides, dipped.

The 2 outer center bulbs are used for brakeligts only. Nothing else.

My coding for central conv is

E5885F02B214100000000000240000000001FA0F5C

module version

0-8p0 907 279c

This sounds an interesting mod Nige :)

ah, just seen your post nige.

should have rung , but I think my head is a bit fuzzy with love from looking at these DAMN SEXY lights. I'm sorry..........:hubbahubba:

lmfao, well maybe I can provide info to sex them up further subject to my research & tests huh...............................

lmfao, well maybe I can provide info to sex them up further subject to my research & tests huh...............................

Indeed.

I'm sitting here in eager anticipation. :)

So am I lmfao, get ur torch out, lol.

Hi sorry for the thread hijack but I was looking at doing this mod, what kinda prices am I looking at per light (inners and outers) also how easy are they to fit? I don't like the sound of wire modding cos i'm useless cheers in advance.

Few hundred for the lights & 50 for the loom iirc, if you do the kufatec route then its fairly simple, where as I cant stand there looms personally, thus done myself.