5pot

Favouritism
Reaction score

https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a3/der-neue-rs-3-sportback.html

IMG 1672
IMG 1674
IMG 1673

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, jimojameso and 1 other person
Looks great. Has a sharper scowl although they've mostly left the rear and interior alone (other than the virtual dash and rear lights). Will obviously go like stink and sound the part too.

After endless internal debating, I decided to go for a pre-FL, safe in the knowledge I've probably saved the best part of £10k on a like-for-like specced car. That equates to a lot on a PCP.

Reactions: Beebee-one and Jassyo06
I wonder if the saloon and the sportback has the same RRP

Sportback release is official that is great news & no longer have to consider if I would have a saloon.

Looks ace in sportback form :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Been told by dealer starting price will be around the £47k mark, before the usual 6-7k optionals.
Wow.
As well as the tax.

Audi RS 3 Sportback is 54,600 euros, and the Audi RS 3 Sedan is listed at 55,900 euros.

at today's exchanges rates equates to:

Sportback @ £46,500

Saloon @ £47,500

Jeeeeeeeesus that is some jump !

Plus if the luxury car tax is on top of that too :wtf:

But virtual cockpit will be standard lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06

A couple of quotes from this;
"quattro drive with variable distribution of power
The S tronic seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and quattro permanent all-wheel" Is that right? Permanent all wheel? So no Haldex system?

&

"Compared to that production model, the track at the front axle of the RS 3 Sportback is wider by 20 millimeters (0.8 in)and the wheel arches are accordingly flared wider." Flared arches? Really??

Lets hope all this info is correct.

The wheel arches don't look anymore flared to my eyes? Looks like rear lights, then front end and slight interior changes, along with that bombastic new engine.

Don't tell TX
'Tearsofjoy'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Vins
Sounds sharper than pre-fl, I wonder if the example in video has the Sports exhaust?
Wonder how awesome it'll sound with a secondary decat

Sounds sharper than pre-fl, I wonder if the example in video has the Sports exhaust?
Wonder how awesome it'll sound with a secondary decat

The video is poor, practically the same video as the Red Saloon. Even the sound is out of sync in places... You think they would of made it a little more exiting but i'm sure the YouTubers will do this for us!

Wonder if those alloys would be available as a no cost option to the Saloons rubbish alloys?

I'm still in two minds to order an RS3 Saloon or not. Love the shape, and will love the performance, but why can't they give it an option of a manual gearbox? Why????

I'm scared to buy in-case I get bored of it after a couple weeks. I test drove an S3 DSG a couple years ago, and found the gearbox too boring, so ordered a manual instead.

Audi RS 3 Sportback is 54,600 euros, and the Audi RS 3 Sedan is listed at 55,900 euros.

at today's exchanges rates equates to:

Sportback @ £46,500

Saloon @ £47,500

Jeeeeeeeesus that is some jump !

Plus if the luxury car tax is on top of that too :wtf:

But virtual cockpit will be standard lol :)

Virtual cockpit is a optional extra mate on the RS3.....IT HAS THE EXACT SAME STANDARD SPEC as your car nothing more......£46,500 is a lot money,its jumped by £5000

Ahhhh. The long awaited RS3 FL Hatchback.

Really wish I had waited 18 months to pay Audi £55k+ (it will be £1 to 1 euro by the time it arrives on these shores) and another £4k to the government in road tax just to get some jaggy edged headlights - NOT!

Or would I rather have spent £43k last spring and enjoyed every drive to my work, the shops or raggin' it round the Inveraray - Oban - Glencoe loop on a weekend morning with a huge grin on my face.

Let me think about that for a minute.

Enjoy your FL chaps - if it ever arrives in right hand drive!!!!!

Reactions: dno_uk

Really wish I had waited 18 months to pay Audi £55k+ (it will be £1 to 1 euro by the time it arrives on these shores) and another £4k to the government in road tax just to get some jaggy edged headlights - NOT!

Or would I rather have spent £43k last spring and enjoyed every drive to my work, the shops or raggin' it round the Inveraray - Oban - Glencoe loop on a weekend morning with a huge grin on my face.

Awesome mate, enjoy yer car around the the Highlands New MEMBER

Reactions: Scottyg
A couple of quotes from this;
"quattro drive with variable distribution of power
The S tronic seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and quattro permanent all-wheel" Is that right? Permanent all wheel? So no Haldex system?

&

"Compared to that production model, the track at the front axle of the RS 3 Sportback is wider by 20 millimeters (0.8 in)and the wheel arches are accordingly flared wider." Flared arches? Really??

Lets hope all this info is correct.

Nah it will still be Haldex, probably just tweaked for more rear bias.

As for the RS3, out of my price league at the moment. Might pickup up a used one in the future but got a S3 Saloon coming next month :smile new:

I'll have to smile if it comes in at £42k ish and with more standard equipment!

I agree it will be more, but Audi can't go too silly. The way everyone is talking it'll be £60k for a specced up car, which is plain crazy for an A3.

IT HAS THE EXACT SAME STANDARD SPEC as your car nothing more......£46,500 is a lot money,its jumped by £5000
Brexit has happened since then though. :-( Which fools voted for that?

Your obviously annoyed by this announcement of the face lift car,its written all over your post mate...and your post is fact less,just based on assumption,keep enjoying your car, life's too short mate, too short

Your obviously annoyed by this announcement of the face lift car,its written all over your post mate...and your post is fact less,just based on assumption,keep enjoying your car, life's too short mate, too short

All the FL haters are crawling out from every hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kelza
And me. And if there's no trade deal with the EU, I'll be out of a German car and into a Jag. Or McLaren...!

Reactions: Ben85, Snake Pliskin, Beebee-one and 1 other person
Initial thoughts on the FL models after reading reviews, pics and promo vids are whatever we decide any RS3 ownership is an exclusive club and the metal is a superb piece of machinery- after all that's why it's got the same continuous award winning five-pot all these years on!

Looking back, after ownership of two S3's I couldn't really imagine any successor other than the daddy A3. With so many boxes to tick the RS3 was and still is the only car for me.

I've been lucky enough to own 2 mk1 8P's and even modded my last one up to 400bhp plus via MTM, decat, etc and to that date it was my best car ever...never thought I would change.

Then the 8V arrived and at first I refrained any interest and didn't see that big a change and to be honest I was disappointed at the lack of flared arches and aggressiveness and no bucket options which were USPs of my mk1's. That was until I started to read more into the real engineering changes - the ecu being just one of them. So I started to get curious and took out a test drive. My mk1 immediately felt faster in comparison but there were a number of small things that the 8V kept me thinking about. A little sharper maybe, a little sleeker outlook, a little smarter interior, a little more technological....so I finally decided to take the leap and spec'd an almost identical upgrade to my mk1 for the mk2 and since I have never looked back and love my new baby, now 13months old.

Having said that I still really miss those buckets and maybe the flares although she is a little fatter, but individually everything else is a small step up for me but collectively, now with hindsight, the right decision for me. To compensate the drop in power though - which I swear I could notice, or so I thought, I needed to give her an immediate upgrade to bring her more to life and after a quick fix - wow - over 400bhp and under 4s for 0-60 is near supercar so I'm still overwhelmed. Well im saying that but that is until I hear and see a seriously modded beast up my way by the amazing Aoon - from this forum - his creation is simply the king of all RS3's.

Anyway like all curious little boys I've been patiently watching for the saloon RS3 release and have been drooling at the prospect.....but you know that way you think you always want something until you have it and then think....hhmmm?

So now that the proposition is real, I'm nownot convinced and if I'm being honest I think I'm still drawn to the SB.

Having said that this SB in my eyes is defo a mk2 FL as appose to a mk3 - which isn't as big a jump from the 8P to the 8V model but who knows as it's early days.

A few things that spring to mind are - increased flared arches - really Audi? Still no buckets? Why no wavy front discs? Ceramics? No standard virtual dash. Price - yep I get it - euro vs sterling value so increase by £5k on like for like but if half your prospective customers are existing owners and half of them can't sustain the cost to change, then do the maths and reduce margins to increase profits!

One thing is for sure, if any of us do decide to change, buy second hand, or remain as we are, we are still all equal in RS3 ownership as happiness and satisfaction is subjective - only the trolls can try and separate us.

Reactions: ice_cube99, Terminator x, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Few points -

I don't like the front bumper. Yet.

Virtual dash - YES

Buckets - get a grip Audi.

Regarding the hype about flared arches - The RS3 pre fl already has flared arches and increased track of 20mm on the front axle so the fl will be no different.

8 pot 370x30 Ceramics - Are you flipping kidding me? May as well light your money on fire. FYI the discs are off the RS6/7 parts bin (rears) with a new bell and the 8 pot caliper? REALLY???

Gearbox/engine/haldex - the gearbox/haldex on the TTRS is identical to the gearbox on the RS3 8V, identical part numbers. The gearbox/haldex will remain identical on the fl. Hell, the whole drivetrain on the TTRS is made up from the RS3 8V parts bin.

Theres a rumour however that the RS3 fl will have alloy lower control arms, that will be nice and will assist with the understeer issue.

Alu block on the new engine.... Not so sure about that. I won't buy a new 5 cylinder can until I know it can take 650hp+. On to you TTE...

In my opinion, if you go from a pre fl to a fl RS3 you are absolutely crackers in the head. Life's too short to buy the same car lol.

My eyes are personally on the saloon, once TTE give me a go ahead and have fitted the TTE625 on their test car, I'll likely order one

Reactions: ice_cube99 and SHOTTA GTR
Interestingly Thomas from Autogefuehl posted the Audi PR video on Youtube and in the details claims there will be a full review of the RS3 facelift next month. Sooner than I would have expected, but I guess he has his commitments booked with Audi already.

Interestingly Thomas from Autogefuehl posted the Audi PR video on Youtube and in the details claims there will be a full review of the RS3 facelift next month. Sooner than I would have expected, but I guess he has his commitments booked with Audi already.

Sounds 'ok' but not enough popping and banging for me. It has to pop on the over run or it will be a PFl I go for!

Hopefully this hasn't been posted. Some lovely sounds from it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceman_RS3

It will be interesting to see the review next month...

Attachments

• Audi RS3 Autogefühl YouTube 2017-02-15 22-05-01.png
    Audi RS3 Autogefühl YouTube 2017-02-15 22-05-01.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 219
Shame really now that the pricing has been revealed. Was seriously considering saloon. but now the Competion Pack M3 seems a better prospect given the discounts available. I'm not so sure i'd be even remotely consider in spending £45K+ on a Hatch, regardless of 400 hp or not.

ps - can't ignore that wonderful noise though. Epic!