SQ5 Facelift SQ5 Arriving Next Week.

DanSheldon92

Reaction score
Hi all,

Exciting times, I've parted ways with my S3 and ordered a new SQ5 which I'm due to collect next week, got a really good deal on it too!

Has anyone else got one yet, really eager to see some pictures of the real thing in Navarra Blue! There's a couple of videos on Youtube from UK dealers but in Black/Grey.

Reactions: NevMan
Congrats fella, I have a 2018 SQ5 (petrol), I'm sure you'll enjoy the facelift version!

Can you share details of the deal you've got? Interesting to know what sort of £££ they doing on the facelift SQ5's as I might consider upgrading

Congrats fella, I have a 2018 SQ5 (petrol), I'm sure you'll enjoy the facelift version!

Can you share details of the deal you've got? Interesting to know what sort of £££ they doing on the facelift SQ5's as I might consider upgrading
Thank you! Fingers crossed, looking forward to it!

Yeah sure, I've been quite lucky with the deal, I'd gone via Coast2Coast cars for a quote and they came back with a list of 52.2k with 5.5k Down from me 2 from them at £541 a month. I then managed to get that converted into Audis 3 on us offer from speaking with the Dealer as they'd managed to find a couple with my spec already built and on the way to the UK. So it's come out at £543 ish a month but nothing to pay until month 4.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Kam05
Hi all,

Exciting times, I've parted ways with my S3 and ordered a new SQ5 which I'm due to collect next week, got a really good deal on it too!

Has anyone else got one yet, really eager to see some pictures of the real thing in Navarra Blue! There's a couple of videos on Youtube from UK dealers but in Black/Grey.

We had a q5 in Navarra blue, it looked brilliant when polished and in the sunlight. Hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: DanSheldon92
Thank you! Fingers crossed, looking forward to it!

Yeah sure, I've been quite lucky with the deal, I'd gone via Coast2Coast cars for a quote and they came back with a list of 52.2k with 5.5k Down from me 2 from them at £541 a month. I then managed to get that converted into Audis 3 on us offer from speaking with the Dealer as they'd managed to find a couple with my spec already built and on the way to the UK. So it's come out at £543 ish a month but nothing to pay until month 4.

I assume that is PCP? what sort of residual? I put a bit more down and paid about the same back in 2017 when discounts were very paltry and the then new petrol SQ5.... Think mine listed at £55k and I put in £8k and then £570 a month....residual was £26k though after 4 years / 40k....

I assume that is PCP? what sort of residual? I put a bit more down and paid about the same back in 2017 when discounts were very paltry and the then new petrol SQ5.... Think mine listed at £55k and I put in £8k and then £570 a month....residual was £26k though after 4 years / 40k....
Yeah PCP, GFMV is 27.3k 4 years 40k. The biggest part of the deal I guess is not paying for the first 3 months.

Reactions: NevMan and isleaiw
Yeah PCP, GFMV is 27.3k 4 years 40k. The biggest part of the deal I guess is not paying for the first 3 months.
The residual is interesting, despite the bad press diesel has had it is higher than my petrol one was....

And yes an extra 3 months payments as discount is not to be sniffed at. Interestingly when I bought my car they were doing it but expressly excluded S and RS so I just had to haggle a bit more until they knocked most of it off the purchase price!

We had a q5 in Navarra blue, it looked brilliant when polished and in the sunlight. Hope you enjoy it.
Yep, it does!
7BB5DB18 C28F 4DDC BD64 4EA9BF68F429

Reactions: NevMan, Cooky0630, 45bvtc and 3 others
She’s here! Not had time to take any better photos yet, but looking good!

Attachments

• 5C71305F-CBD8-4724-B1E5-DA15EC73AF57.jpeg
    5C71305F-CBD8-4724-B1E5-DA15EC73AF57.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
  • 355240EC-8349-4443-A128-8F85618C9CAE.jpeg
    355240EC-8349-4443-A128-8F85618C9CAE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
Reactions: Mkay315, NevMan, TSFIe and 4 others
Now that's a nice car. What made you get an SQ5 (my apologies if you've already mentioned this in the thread)
Thank you! No worries, just wanted something a bit more spacious/luxurious with just as much power. As fun as the S3 was it was a relatively rough ride compared to cruising in this. Very pleased with it!

Reactions: Mkay315
Thank you! No worries, just wanted something a bit more spacious/luxurious with just as much power. As fun as the S3 was it was a relatively rough ride compared to cruising in this. Very pleased with it!
I completely understand and I hope it serves you well and you enjoy it.

Hey Dan

How's the car treating you so far?

Hey,

Loving it! Applied ceramic coating last weekend which was painful…. :) but everything so far so good.
Wonderful. I like that. I've just recently got myself an A4 for Ulez but I may look to get a Q5 next. The A6 from what I've heard so far and seen has caused a lot of problems in recent times. What trim did you get by the way (apologies if this has already been mentioned in the forum)?

Wonderful. I like that. I've just recently got myself an A4 for Ulez but I may look to get a Q5 next. The A6 from what I've heard so far and seen has caused a lot of problems in recent times. What trim did you get by the way (apologies if this has already been mentioned in the forum)?
Interesting on the A6 front, I’d not heard that.

trim wise with it being the SQ5 there’s only that and then vorsprung. So I’d just added the comfort and sound pack. They’re pretty much kitted out anyway after that, minus the assist packages which I prefer not to have anyway and the pan roof etc.

Reactions: NevMan and Mkay315
Interesting on the A6 front, I’d not heard that.

trim wise with it being the SQ5 there’s only that and then vorsprung. So I’d just added the comfort and sound pack. They’re pretty much kitted out anyway after that, minus the assist packages which I prefer not to have anyway and the pan roof etc.
Excellent choice. Well done on getting the SQ5 and I hope you have great joy with it and it treats you well. That car is so spacious and roomy.

Excellent choice. Well done on getting the SQ5 and I hope you have great joy with it and it treats you well. That car is so spacious and roomy.
Thank you! Agreed, a step up in space and luxury from the S3 for sure. :)

Reactions: NevMan and Mkay315
Is it too soon to ask about fuel economy (e.g. not run in yet)?
The SQ5 is on my next car list and although I don't really do enough mileage to justify a diesel (≈ 10K / yr), it will need to tow a horse trailer from time to time.

The SQ5 is on my next car list and although I don't really do enough mileage to justify a diesel (≈ 10K / yr), it will need to tow a horse trailer from time to time.
My 2020 SQ5 tdi (with all the mild hybrid tech) has today returned about 38mpg over 140m, running from Newcastle to Carlisle and back. It has 3k miles on the clock and is running 21” alloys. Long term Trip shows 32.7mpg over the 3k so far of mostly local lockdown miles with a couple of longer motorways sojourns. Pretty good I think

My 2020 SQ5 tdi (with all the mild hybrid tech) has today returned about 38mpg over 140m, running from Newcastle to Carlisle and back. It has 3k miles on the clock and is running 21” alloys. Long term Trip shows 32.7mpg over the 3k so far of mostly local lockdown miles with a couple of longer motorways sojourns. Pretty good I think
That's pretty good for a 340hp SUV. I'm barely getting much better from my Golf GTi 7.5 PP and I'm running it on Tesco Momentum (5p or so more than diesel), so fuel costs aren't going to be much different.
Additional £335 / year RFL is a bit grating, but will get used to it (more and more cars getting dragged in to this envy tax as the £40K limit doesn't seem to be changing).

That's interesting. I averaged about 32mpg over 130 miles in my RS4 yesterday..... long term average about 27mpg over 4k miles. So 6 mpg different all round, and I would say petrol is cheaper than diesel but I run super unleaded - Shell V Power yesterday which it definitely likes!

I can get in the teens on short 1 mile trips or when driving like an RS can.... ;)

That's pretty good for a 340hp SUV. I'm barely getting much better from my Golf GTi 7.5 PP and I'm running it on Tesco Momentum (5p or so more than diesel), so fuel costs aren't going to be much different.
Additional £335 / year RFL is a bit grating, but will get used to it (more and more cars getting dragged in to this envy tax as the £40K limit doesn't seem to be changing).
The luxury car tax doesnt bother me, compared to the depreciation on these things its nothing. Do think there should be something to encourage people to pick more environmentally friendly models though, rather than all this flat rate stuff....

I can get in the teens on short 1 mile trips or when driving like an RS can.... ;)
Some years ago a friend got a new BMW M5 and the first time he took me out in it for a 20 minute spirited drive on the country roads near where he lived the car averaged 7.9 mpg :grimacing:

Reactions: isleaiw
Some years ago a friend got a new BMW M5 and the first time he took me out in it for a 20 minute spirited drive on the country roads near where he lived the car averaged 7.9 mpg :grimacing:
I had an M5 (the latest awd version to give me a fighting chance on staying on the road!) - wasnt bad on a run but if I did the short cold school run journey it would be in single figures..... and yes if you enjoyed the 600hp you could get very low readings too....

That's interesting. I averaged about 32mpg over 130 miles in my RS4 yesterday..... long term average about 27mpg over 4k miles. So 6 mpg different all round, and I would say petrol is cheaper than diesel but I run super unleaded - Shell V Power yesterday which it definitely likes!

Agreed, not a lot in it. SQ5 is about 200kg heavier than the RS4 I think. DPF regens kill mpg on the diesel and ambient temperature makes a big difference. On a 3mile winter trip I’m 15mpg or less too. . Compared to my Alfa Stelvio 2.2d, it’s pretty much the same mpg despite huge weight gain and bigger engine, so the horrendously complex hybrid tech seems to be doing something. The 700Nm of torque does make it a pretty effective overtaking weapon though.

Mate has a BMW M40d and easily gets mid to high 40’s and higher

True, better claimed and actuals on the X3 for the same BHP/NM. But then you have to drive a BMW :whistle2:

I can get 50+Mpg on a flat road, at 50mph too :laughing:
I have no badge snobbery, its all about the best all round package..... I would be in an Alpina if the prices were more tolerable!

I have no badge snobbery, its all about the best all round package..... I would be in an Alpina if the prices were more tolerable!
Very true, me too. I test drove a X4m40d before buying the SQ5. BMW ride was too firm and dash display far too busy. I liked the style and overall design/look/packaging. I’ve never had a BMW yet, but been tempted, just haven’t found the right one. The wife on the hand has a pathological hatred of all things BMW for no discernible reason whatsoever. She doesn’t have a driving licence….

Very true, me too. I test drove a X4m40d before buying the SQ5. BMW ride was too firm and dash display far too busy. I liked the style and overall design/look/packaging. I’ve never had a BMW yet, but been tempted, just haven’t found the right one. The wife on the hand has a pathological hatred of all things BMW for no discernible reason whatsoever. She doesn’t have a driving licence….
I had an M5 before the RS4, it had dials that went the right way and looked like dials, wouldnt take the latest dash by choice. Havent driven latest X3 but the son in law had an M340i which had a great ride, better than the RS4. Just couldnt get excited for one.

Women have a real odd view on cars and badges, my former sister in law hated all things BMW. Think that might be why I kept having them.....

Like most cars/sub’s with 20+ alloys, adaptive suspension is a must.

Funny enough I had a M40i (after a 2018 Q5) with 21”s and adaptives. Like
You I drove a SQ5 too, but couldn’t bring myself to go the Audi route with oil burners. Funny enough they have lost droves to BMW due to the (UK and European) decision to make all S4 up only diesel. Plenty M340i’s and M135i’s out there because of this.

Uhhhh, I’m at 1,050 miles now I reset the long term memory after I drove the car back from the dealer in Brighton. I’ve averaged just under 29mpg I was expecting similar/better economy to the S3 but I’ve only been on short journeys so far minus the trip back from Brighton. I did do 40mpg last week on a 20 mile trip.

The Audi DIS fuel consumption calculations are not 'real' in that they are not measuring fuel flow but rather picking numbers out of a data table - so throttle position, temp, gear, road speed etc. Typically when calculated at the pumps - so brim the tank, reset the trip to zero.....and the next time you brim the tank make a note of the trip mileage and divide the litres bought by 4.54 to get back to gallons - you'll find the that the DIS is reading 10-15% higher than the real world.

The Audi DIS fuel consumption calculations are not 'real' in that they are not measuring fuel flow but rather picking numbers out of a data table - so throttle position, temp, gear, road speed etc. Typically when calculated at the pumps - so brim the tank, reset the trip to zero.....and the next time you brim the tank make a note of the trip mileage and divide the litres bought by 4.54 to get back to gallons - you'll find the that the DIS is reading 10-15% higher than the real world.
Checked mine three times and always been within 1mpg of the read out.... maybe I just drive too slowly!