Facelifted Q7

PIMPMYQ7

Reaction score
Hi, seems a little quiet in this part of the site compared to others! :notme:

I have been an avid reader of the A4/A3 section for a few months now and impressed with the level of knowledge and work in general on the threads I have read.

So... I thought you guys may know whether it is possible to add the 2009MY facelift bumpers along with LED front & rear lights onto a pre facelift model Q7. The parts seems readily available from ebay.de etc.

The headlamps look like they are the same shape as the previous ones so hopefully they are a straight swap, maybe some electrical work needed new ballast or vagcom? If they're not then it would mean getting wings too.

Everything else seems like it would pretty much be a straight swap - rear bumper & trim, front bumper - so long as wings are not different shape. I will be calling Audi tomorrow to get some prices to see if its even a viable option, but they have been unhelpful with similar request regarding facelift parts fitting older vehicles before, so I will not waste my time asking them about the bits fitting.

Any ideas?

Sometimes audi are useless!! My guess would be that the facelifts lights would be slightly different. Abit of handy work and it should fit. I think the wings are different though. Had any luck since?

Facelift headlights are the same as before, but you would require a new from controller module J519 and some wiring changes to fit them. Also the lights on ebay are 99% LHD and not for the UK market.

I've done the LED rear lights and my next project is the DRL LED front headlights/S-line bumper & grill.

......I've done the LED rear lights and my next project is the DRL LED front headlights/S-line bumper & grill.

Craig, will you be offering this as a service to customers?

Thanks.