Factory Bass shelf speaker

Joni Honki

Hey up!
Reaction score
Hi, could anyone tell me the exact spec, (size, ohms, watts) of the sub in the parcel shelf of my A4 (03) with concert stereo, non Bose.

And any suggestions for a replacement mounted from below instead of on top but using original Audi amp.

Thanks peoples..

Have a word with Andymac as he makes some subs for audi's aftermarket, he may have a solution or maybe would consider making one for you.

It's an 8" unit, 4 ohms 50w. If you want to replace it, then you can't run anything off the feeble 50w amp that powers it (most aftermarket HU's kick out more power than that), you need to install a proper amp (200-300wrms) and preferably use a subwoofer in an enclosure, as they really don't work well mounted in the parcel shelf. I installed this JL Audio 8" unit in a custom enclosure in my A4 saloon, powered by a Genesis amp hidden in the cubbyhole on the drivers side.
B6StealthSub.jpg

Thanks Andymac for your info, I really appreciate it!

Have you got a standard head unit? If you have could you give me any links to pre-out lead converters etc, and any wiring pointers for the remote feed etc. I am in two minds whether to adapt my Concert stereo, or rip out and put in a full install!

Thanks again. Jon.

Yes just a standard Concert2. All the feeds are already in the boot, you just need to run a power cable.
B6rear-subpinout.jpg

So basically I just need to run a fat feed in, and use the white remote on feed from the connector? That right Andymac??

The pre-outs are on the same connector as detailed on the diagram, you don't need any form of conversion lead as they are already "pre-outs". The amp is above the drivers side rear wheelarch behind the boot trim

Thanks again,
what I meant was s there a conversion to make it into a pair of jack plus for a new amp? Like a high low converter?

Either use piggybacks on the wires themselves or small blades soldered to the ends of an RCA cable and inserted into the Audi plug