Factory installed Rns-e

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone who has a factory installed Rnse MK2 ( media button ) please tell me how many wires they have in there Blue connector and if possible pin numbers and colours off wires . Just when I bought my car it had been retrofitted and I am sure I would have more than 4 wires in Blue Connector

Depends what options you have fittted, if it is non BOSE, A3/S3/TT/R8 etc then potentially you do not even have a blue connector.

With BOSE I would expect to see a brown wire to pin 7 of the blue connector if it has been done correctly.

I have the Bose , CC, MfSW, BT Telephone without SDS but I have only 4 wires ( can't check as car is in garage ) so I just wondered what the standard would be from factory

BT is in the green connector, I imagine that the installer knew ****** all about what he was doing or was too lazy to move the 3 AUX wires from the blue connector to the 32 pin connector for the AUX input of the RNS-E. I always carried those 32 pin connectors with me so I could move the 3 wires from the blue connector to the correct place and relocate the BOSE to pin 7

Do you have an AUX conector that doesnt work?

Now what I did was buy a ready made Aux and run from back off rnse under console and bk to Aux port . So can you give me the pin numbers off the ones that would normally go to the 32 pin and I can eliminate them and hopefully the last one is the Bose pin, plus there has been some wire chopping which I have to admit I did under good advice as it had Black + Browns coming from all over the place Andi soldered bk to one big Brown wire , I have no errors other than the Bose coding pin and the Antenna ( never bothered with the upper + lower amp upgrade )

Ok dokie mate will see if I have a pic off the rnse wire diagram , once I find out what ones they are can I remove from blue connector tape them up and push down the back or is it just as good to leave where they are as there given no errors on my vcd's

I don't thing it is as one off the brown wires could have been the Bose wire and it has been soldered to the big brown wire , the thing I will say is I get the vibration from the Amp in the boot on the left hand side. I have found out it is 1,3,7 I have to move from Blue connector to the 32 pin adaptor if I was using them for the Aux .
So I will have a look and see what wires I have in these pins and hope one is the Bose pin, that's just been mixed up , it would help if you happened to know what the colours off these numbered wires are 1,3,7 , cheers for your help

Last edited: